Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Easter day I was asleep at 5pm. Just had nothing left. Little miss crawled into bed next to me as I was drifting off, gave me a big cuddle and said, "You're the best mum I could ask for!"

(Not sure what I'd done to deserve that, given I'd basically neglected her for the last week, but I'll take it!)

Monday was our thirteenth wedding anniversary, and for my present my husband took little miss out for the day so I could just do my own thing at home alone. He's a good man. :)

Now I'm on annual leave for two weeks, school goes back today for term two, and I'm trying to decide how I want to order my day...

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watching a spider spin a web on the other side of the window at work as the sun slowly fades in the background.

Thinking, this spider is working like crazy to make a web, that will only be wiped out by the window washer when they come by.

Thinking it's a lot like humans, work so hard to make money and status... only to have it all reduced to ashes when the Lord returns.

Of course there is nothing wrong with going to work, making a home.. etc... but how easy it is to be like this spider and place our comfort in our works and abilities instead of leaning on the Spirit and finding comfort in Him and where He has us.

Of course if not for the thick glass in between me and this creature... my thoughts would be more "DIE DIE DIE YOU DEMON BUG!!"

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heading out to EndGame with children two and three.

Was it good? We have booked tickets but can't get in until next week!!! I'm going to go crazy waiting. The theatres are booked solid...every single show...even the morning ones!

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I could get used to this being on holiday thing. Got to go to church this morning, sit in a pew, listen to someone else preach, lead the service etc. All I had to worry about was my own worship (and managing the little miss, who decided the sermon was boring and she would try to bite me :rolleyes:). Rare luxury!

Now home and vaguely contemplating lunch. Think I might scramble some eggs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She's seven, but on the spectrum, and often behaves "younger."

She wasn't having a great morning. Spent the entire service cuddled up on my lap, which is pretty unusual, but there was no persuading her otherwise without a meltdown that would disrupt everyone's worship, so...

Still, not something I can usually do when I'm "up the front," so it's nice to just kind of be a mum for the morning.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still, not something I can usually do when I'm "up the front," so it's nice to just kind of be a mum for the morning.

When I was younger and my family visited other churches, I loved it! My dad is a pastor and he never sat with us for obvious reasons. I loved snuggling up with him during a church service...laying on his lap and holding his hand or just being with him. My siblings and I would often fight to sit beside him or in his lap when he sat with us. Perhaps some of her clinginess was because she was so happy to have you with her during the service.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Possibly.

It was very funny; husband and I belong to different denominations, and of course because I'm working I'm hardly ever in his church these days. But I've been "around" for about twenty years and I'm well known there, know the place well etc. But little miss clearly doesn't realise that, and proudly insisted on showing me around!

• Friendly
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Was it good? We have booked tickets but can't get in until next week!!! I'm going to go crazy waiting. The theatres are booked solid...every single show...even the morning ones!
Perfect. That’s all I will say.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's all?? You're killing me! :D

(I am dying here...wasting away in curiosity...take pity on me...)
I wouldn’t tell you more even if you begged.

• Haha
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm not above begging...hahaha :D
The hard part was coming home and talking to child number one. He had to work, so he went today. He was watching Infinity War last night, and I kept having to catch myself from saying anything.

Upvote 0