Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I laughed my head off when I was watching big brother and they had to paint their faces and one of the guys painted his face completely black and added big red lips and then big brother asked him to wash his face because it was racist and he didn’t even know it was like that.. like people don’t have sense of humor anymore. I don’t know why is it such a big deal. It was so funny.

That does sound pretty funny.. not the idea of a guy being racist like you said.. but a guy possibly being so naïve not to know better. Although you live in Finland so you might be talking about the Big Brother version of that.. which might be a little more understandable? I don't know..

Regarding Doing The Right Thing.. the film came out about 30 years ago, but it seems really contemporary. Especially with this nation coming out of the George Floyd riots. This stuff is never going to go away, and will probably just get worse. The days of a white person not having to strongly identify with his or her race is coming to an end. While not a family man, I weep for the future generations. They're going to grow up in a world of increasing racial tensions.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
That does sound pretty funny.. not the idea of a guy being racist like you said.. but a guy possibly being so naïve not to know better. Although you live in Finland so you might be talking about the Big Brother version of that.. which might be a little more understandable? I don't know..

Regarding Doing The Right Thing.. the film came out about 30 years ago, but it seems really contemporary. Especially with this nation coming out of the George Floyd riots. This stuff is never going to go away, and will probably just get worse. The days of a white person not having to strongly identify with his or her race is coming to an end. While not a family man, I weep for the future generations. They're going to grow up in a world of increasing racial tensions.

Yes that was the reason it was funny because he didn’t know he was doing something wrong. :D Yes it was big brother suomi.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What a strange coincidence, right now I’m watching a YouTube video of you watching a black guy who’s watching Saving Private Ryan.

Lol.. maybe someday..

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Lol.. maybe someday..
Lol there’s so much of that today, people watching videos with a person watching something. I couldn’t get used to it, some guy at work would send me these vids sometimes and I’d be like “Do I have to look at this dude’s face the entire time??” lol

I’m giving Savings Private Ryan a huge thumbs up btw!! I’m not even big on war movies but I really liked that one.

• Informative
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol there’s so much of that today, people watching videos with a person watching something. I couldn’t get used to it, some guy at work would send me these vids sometimes and I’d be like “Do I have to look at this dude’s face the entire time??” lol

Hmmm.. personally I like it.. used to be a big fan of watching Let's Plays of people playing entire video games. Relaxing.. and I guess for less than social people.. helps fill up some social needs.

I’m giving Savings Private Ryan a huge thumbs up btw!! I’m not even big on war movies but I really liked that one.

Yeah.. probably Spielberg's last great movie that he's ever made. Not that he didn't make good movies afterwards.. but I wouldn't call them spectacular. This is your first time seeing it?

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
This is your first time seeing it?
No I watched it when it was new, but haven’t seen it in forever so I wouldn’t mind seeing it again. I remember when it first came out they said that it was so realistic that some war veterans were having a hard time watching it, it was too disturbing and causing flashbacks.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ten Year Old Tom..

Was surprised the creator of The Life And Times Of Tim has a new show. It's pretty similar.. heavily relying on awkward humor. The creator again voices the main character. I'll say the awkward premise is less funny with a 10 year old boy compared to a weak looking, soft spoken mid-20s something man. Still, it has a a few decent jokes sprinkled around. Personally I'll just pretend this show is a prequal showing Tim when he was a child.

He has the same voice.. and look.. maybe that was what he was aiming for.. his name is literally one letter different.. lol.. but the studio executives wanted something different.. eh..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh cool.. HBO Max added The Life And Times Of Tim on their platform. Always made me sad.. in the past when HBO didn't have this show.. they produced it.. but it seemed like they cared so little to even bother adding it. A criminally underrated show. Especially the garbage adult animation that is platformed. Hopefully this causes more people to discover the show.. and maybe they'll bring it back for new episodes.. even though.. the last season was starting to lose some steam.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Come on Netflix.. give us season 5 of Better Call Saul already..

That was one of the few series worth watching from NF.

Oh cool.. HBO Max added The Life And Times Of Tim on their platform. Always made me sad.. in the past when HBO didn't have this show.. they produced it.. but it seemed like they cared so little to even bother adding it. A criminally underrated show. Especially the garbage adult animation that is platformed. Hopefully this causes more people to discover the show.. and maybe they'll bring it back for new episodes.. even though.. the last season was starting to lose some steam.

HBO max is not here yet need to wait about three weeks. I have to say that HBO has been very disappointing here.

Last night I tried to watch WW1984 but it was way too boring so I had to give up. I might watch Tenet tonight again because it was very entertaining.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That was one of the few series worth watching from NF.

Yep. Sadly I'll just probably have to buy the episodes myself. Not sure how much longer I can wait.

HBO max is not here yet need to wait about three weeks. I have to say that HBO has been very disappointing here.

Last night I tried to watch WW1984 but it was way too boring so I had to give up. I might watch Tenet tonight again because it was very entertaining.

Well maybe the Finnish HBO Max has less of a selection.. thus far I've been pretty impressed with what HBO Max has to offer. Probably my favorite streaming platform as of now.

I watched a little of WW 1984, and found it more enjoyable than I thought it would be. At least from what I watched because I turned it off after 30 minutes. Not because I found it awful, but because I really wasn't in the mood for watching a movie at the time.

The first WW was enjoyable. Normally I do not like Superhero movies.. but the DC films are more to my style. Cannot stomach the Disney's Marvel movies. No offense but they seem more like for kids compared to DC films.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Come on Netflix.. give us season 5 of Better Call Saul already..
I'm going to add Better Call Saul to my bucket list... I'm --still-- waiting on Barry season 3 to air... It's supposed to start in March 2022, after several delays.

Upvote 0