What are YOU currently reading? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vehementi Dominus

Starting to read the Horus Heresy series from the Black Library.

I'm still only on Horus Rising, it explains how Warmaster Horus and half of the founding legions of Adeptus Astartes fell to the Chaos gods, and how the Emperor of Mankind made the ultimate sacrifice to stop Horus from destroying humanity, in a battle that killed Horus, but left the Emperor on a huge life support machine known as the Golden Throne of Mankind, where for thousands of years he's watched over and guided mankind as it struggles for survival in a universe plagued by constant war. "FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Upvote 0

vja4Him

vja4Him
Oct 22, 2005
California
Visit site
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If two versions of the Bible read differently, how can you know which one is the most accurate?

How many different versions of the same text are there and how differently do they all read?

*Scratches head.*

There are different ways to say the same thing. The different translations of the Bible are not really a huge problem, because the different Bibles still say pretty much the same thing.

I don't see any doctrinal differences .... Although some people would argue that matter ...

Also, with the older versions of the Bible, like the King James or the Geneva Bible, the English back then was different. Being raised on the King James Bible, it's not so difficult for me to understand the King James or the Geneva Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.