What are some things God wants Christians to do?

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟28,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No vague answers please, do you know what God exactly expects of Christians, and what he wants them to do?
Matthew 22:36-40 KJV

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

• Winner
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟723,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No vague answers please, do you know what God exactly expects of Christians, and what he wants them to do?
He wants us to avoid sin and walk humbly with Him.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
King James Version​

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear (reverence/honor) God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Micah 6:8
KJ21
He hath shown thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee but to do justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,880.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 51:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: Thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.​

Luke 18:9-14

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:​
Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.​
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.​
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.​
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​

We need to be wary of our fallenness and not deceive ourselves. (And of course trust his redemptive work which includes both inner and outer formations)

Last edited:
Upvote 0