What are some christian anime series out there?

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is something that has been bothering me, how most anime isn't really Christian. I know there is the "Pyuuri-tan" character and comics... plus game... but i never see the comics on the internet sadly. and no translations. I love the style most anime is in, but i hate how most are more... **COUGH** explicit and showy.

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you'll find any anime that is purely Christian. But some slice-of-life style animes are pretty good. Things like Say I Love You and My Love Story and even Clannad (watch out though, this one's super sad) can be a good watch and they aren't especially showy or filled with evil things.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There are anime that deal with Christian topics and scripture, same as there are some manga (albeit I think the only one I'm aware of is the 6 part one that I'm still on book 2 of, Manga Messiah, Melech, etc). Superbook, The Flying House, some other stuff adapting the bible. But yeah, Japan isn't really in the business of marketing Christianity to the locals, so most of what exists is outsourced, to my knowledge

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have watched Death Note a long time ago (when I wasn't following God) and then when tried to watch the Netflix one (real life rendition). I got about 10 minutes into it, maybe not even that and I just couldn't watch it anymore. It was blasphemous as the shinigami was talking about Bible verses and twisting them.

That is just a bit of a warning to those who are wondering if it should be something to watch, but that was just my take on it. I mean, God can use this for someone in showing them what to look out for. But in my case, I was not allowed (Spiritually) to watch this anime.

Upvote 0