• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What are Jesus Christ's commandments?

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Victor in Christ, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Victor in Christ

Victor in Christ Jehovah Tsidkenu

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,134
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    (CLV) Jn 14:23
    Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone should be loving Me, he will be keeping My word, and My Father will be loving him, and We shall be coming to him and making an abode with him.

(CLV) Jn 14:24
    He who is not loving Me, is not keeping My words. And the word which you are hearing is not Mine, but the Father's Who sends Me.

3. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  4. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Our Lord Jesus Christ frees us from man's yoke of Bondage. "hallelujah", praise to the King of heaven and earth. Revelation 1:18. You have the keys to hell and death Lord, your servants will supernaturally follow your commandments on earth and will never be in bondage to man's traditions/laws.

Praise to our Lord Jehovah Tsidkenu.

5. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,212
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    He gave us two commandments:
    The Lord Our God, The Lord is One; Thou shalt love thy Lord, thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind", before also referring to a second commandment, "And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

6. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  7. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,202
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Jesus was asked: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments," (Matt 22:36-40).

8. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    just making precautions here, because we can be a very technical creature at times:D. What does 'hang'/'hangeth' mean?

9. eleos1954

+3,202
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    hangs = depends

10. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    not the law of God given to Moses. The traditions of the high Priests would be what Christ is referring to?

11. eleos1954

+3,202
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

12. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    We'll end up going around in circles studying Leviticus 11 again and such like. Faith in Christ these days is getting as bad as the Spanish inquisition. If anyone reading this is a Messianic Jew, Jehovah Tsidkenu would not punish you for eating shellfish. You are one in Christ (Jew and Gentile). Its what goes out of the mouth is more offensive to the Lord your God, not what goes into it.

13. HARK!

+2,134
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    (CLV) Lv 19:18
    You shall not avenge nor shall you be resentful against the sons of your people. You will love your associate as yourself: I am Yahweh.

14. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I would love if you wouldn't quote scripture for the sake of quoting it, but try to help us Gentiles understand what your quoting? That would help Hark!

Can i pick ears of corn on the Sabbath? eat food from unwashed utensils? talk with the tax collectors? dine with the wedding guests who drink wine?, ignore the sick and disabled? pay money into the Temple to avoid looking after my elderly parent? never talk with a gentile and do not allow them into your Temple? Avoid sinful people like the plague?, go on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem for exactly what reason?, get baptised in the river Jordon for what reason?, erect an earthly high Priest between God and man again?, offer up animal sacrifices for what reason?. sure i might as well re-create Solomons Temple with all the pagan worship in it? ............

15. HARK!

+2,134
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I would pray that YHWH leads each of us with his Ruach Ha'Kodesh, to study the example that was set by his only begotten son; so that we can better serve him.

This is not the forum for this discussion; but if you would like to start a thread in the Messianic Jewish Forum, I would be honored to discuss these topics in detail with you.

Shalom, peace be with you.

16. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I was on the OBOB section and i was warned. I don't want to go onto the Messianic section and get banned for months. thankyou very much for your invitation, but i'd rather not be tempted. to the best of my knowledge this section is open, but other sections are extremely strict and will ban you for the slightest technicality they can find that they think degrades their belief, without the person in question realising they have caused an offence.

Maybe you see it also, but i believe the rules on certain section of this forum will lead towards a Solomon Temple

god Bless

17. HARK!

+2,134
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well I wouldn't want any more trouble to come your way. There is much liberty in the General Theology Forum. Perhaps I will see you there sometime.

Esteem to our heavenly Father.

18. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    On a deeper level, i think what is was really asking is what are Christ's commandments fulfilled? Personally i'm drawn more and more to the characteristics of a Christian. Those characteristics Paul, Peter, John and others described in the NT. Obviously Christ's 2 commandments are obvious and have been posted on this thread, but the fulfilling of Christ's commandments (which i personally believe is an expansion of the 10 commandments of Moses) needs to be listed. Many ministers/pastors/priests, etc will give you a starting point of a few and tell you to work on those, but has anyone listed a complete fulfilment of the 10 commandments according to the NT?

19. Victor in Christ

+169
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single