Bree1

Oct 5, 2005
Prince George, BC
✟15,284.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I absolutely hate most insects. Butterflies I can tolerate. And I'm terrified of spiders. I would never have a pet tarantula, or live with anybody who had one. I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would pay good money to have one of those things in their house.
My mom is terrified of all rodents, but they don't bother me in the least. I have a hamster, and I think my next pet might be a rat. LOL, my mom would never set foot in my place again.

Upvote 0

Kitangel

Radical lefty
Jan 13, 2006
Melbourne
✟19,220.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Large dogs and... wait for it....

FISH
its funny, I just searched all 30+ pages of this thread, and found only ONE person who is scared of fish.

My fear developed into a phobia, unfortunately. I have recurring nightares of walking into aquarium shops and down rows and rows of floor-to-ceiling high fish tanks, full of warped, freay fish, usually 1-2 foot long with huge eyes. last week my friend took me into an aquarium shop to show me her "dream fishtank" and I had my eyes closed through most of it. I opened them once and came FACE TO FACE with a Cichlid about half a foot long, in a tank under the desk. NO FUN! I walked - quickly - out if the shop squealing, and promising death threats to my friend (who knew of my fear and now wants to cur it by showing me as many fish as possible).

Large angel fish, Oscars, even darn DISCUS fish get me paralyzed and in tears (and they had all 3 at this shop, as my friend pointed out - "See, the fish aren't harmless at all! look at that angelfish, its only THIS BIG!!!!"). It also means I have to avoid the fish markets, fish sections in the supermarkets, and fish shops down the street. And fish statues. hubby is good, he warns me when we're getting close and covers my eyes while we pass them. But i think I have to do something about this phobia.... fish are everywhere, after all.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.