What about you?

Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,787.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When I was Young I went with Salesian fathers to take Spiritual Excesices and to have and Encounter with Christ. The then Father Horacio, whom God might have in his glory, asked us to make 4 concentric circles, and then in each circle put one by one a place for Each one of us, Our Family, The Others and finally God. According to the importance we give to each one of them.

Then, I made may my circles like this:

Prioridades.png

Then Father Horacio asked us to draw again other circles, and put in them the same elements with the order that he told us. It was like this:

Prioridades%2Bideal.jpg

Father Horacio told us, that the Ideal of the Christian is to reach this stage of priorities, At the Core of our lives MUST be God, then the Others, then Family, and finally us.

He told us that it was going to be our task to walk this life heading to this goal, the model of Christ, the model of his disciples.

What About You? Where are you now?

Last edited:
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What a good model! For a Catholic I mean. It is my understanding that Catholics believe some heresies (like praying to Mary and the Saints when in reality GOD alone hears prayer), but I still believe that Catholics can be saved, yes.

• Winner
Reactions: *Cher
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't seem to differentiate much between "family" and "others" to be honest; they seem the same to me. God is at the center. But then, it also seems to me that by God at the center, others necessarily go with Him. As if one can't actually have God at the center without having others at the center. Thinking about it, it would be a single circle that says God in the center. Boundaries between things seem to disappear in a greater form of unity.

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,787.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What a good model! For a Catholic I mean. It is my understanding that Catholics believe some heresies (like praying to Mary and the Saints when in reality GOD alone hears prayer), but I still believe that Catholics can be saved, yes.

Well The Saints Do hear our prayers and they present them to God in our behalf:

Apocalypse 5:8

8 and when he disclosed it,[1] the four living figures and the twenty-four elders fell down in the Lamb’s presence. Each bore a harp, and they had golden bowls full of incense, the prayers of the saints.

How else could our prayers reach the Golden bowls of the Elders?

Hebrews 12:1

1 Why then, since we are watched from above by such a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of all that weighs us down, of the sinful habit that clings so closely, and run, with all endurance, the race for which we are entered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,787.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't seem to differentiate much between "family" and "others" to be honest; they seem the same to me. God is at the center. But then, it also seems to me that by God at the center, others necessarily go with Him. As if one can't actually have God at the center without having others at the center. Thinking about it, it would be a single circle that says God in the center. Boundaries between things seem to disappear in a greater form of unity.

What is more important to you, Your mother or the guy that collects the garbage of your house?

Upvote 0

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟11,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums