What about women?

BIRTHED OUT!

Godseeker
Jun 4, 2004
Texas
✟124.00
Faith
Christian
What ever you are called to do, go for it!!!! Cant no demon in hell stop it no way, The only one who can stop it is you. the only thing I would say as what the bible says make worthy of your calling. Allow the lord to prepare you for your calling. Cause see many are called few are chosen. The revelation is Many are called by God into doing something but only FEW let God take them through the PROCESS, those are the ones chosen. And the process includes suffering so you can be renewed into the image of christ, its includes you dying to your flesh( in other words giving up you, and what you feel) only a few let God take them through that.be blessed:idea:

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To those who would argue that some position in the church are not for women, I always have to ask about several other passages:

If God does not want women to teach men, why did the Jesus send the women to tell the disciples that He had defeated death and risen from the grave? That has to be the most exciting and crucial message ever sent, and God selected women to preach that word for the first time ever, specificaly to the disciples.

The "Great Commission" is very clear: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." A specific command to baptize and teach. How can someone say that women are not to teach when there it is, from the mouth of Jesus? If this verse does not apply to all Christians and only the 11, then it is not the "Great Commission". If it applies only to male Christians, then we need to color code our Bibles so we know which verses are for which gender.

Upvote 0

Rev. Smith

Old Catholic Priest
Jun 29, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
✟9,505.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our Church ordains women as deacons, priests and Bishops, my confessor is a very Holy 80 year old retired Bishop (my ordinary is a guy, but he's about 2600 miles away).

As the articles obove detail, women Prophets, teachers and leaders are biblical -and women can be an important voice.

If it doesn't work out with AOG's, come on over to the APostolic side of the aisle, we'd love to have more Christ centered wmone leaders in our church!

Upvote 0

Abiel

Missionary
Jul 24, 2004
East Anglia
✟38,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was called by the Lord at 20, and rejected by my church. Years of struggle followed. I came to The Salvation Army. God called again. I now have my ministry. It is one of service. Utimately, there is only one in authority, Christ himself. Pray much, and God will put you in the place he wants you. Bless you, and continue in obediance.

Upvote 0

Green Orchid

earth nomad
Jul 23, 2004
✟6,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:)

I believe women cannot be pastors (to me that's a relief, it's such a BIG job!!) or assistant pastors.
However, I don't see a problem being a youth assistant, cuz you are following the vision of the youth pastor.

Also, I believe women can be teachers in a Bible College or Christian/Sunday School or Women's ministry, as long as they submit to their pastor-teacher's vision and leadership.

I have been a Bible College teacher for one year now and it's gone very well. I teach subjects that don't require "preaching" so much, like NT Greek and a World's Religions class.

There are so many opportunities for women in the church. Let's be used where God knows we're best! :pink:

Upvote 0

shutupandreboot

Aug 1, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
I am new here but I felt compelled to say something.

There is a definite Church culture these days. That is passive agressive women married to men and pretending to be submissive. It makes me wanna puke.

I think it happens because a strong woman would have no other way to survive when forced into a non-biblical view of submission.

The Bible teaches mutual submission. It says submit to one another right before the wives submit to your husband statement. Should we all obey everyone? I think not. It is a concept of respect to fellow believers. You also got to keep in mind that Women were property of a man in those days and that made the man the head. Not as much because it was right, it just was. Slavery is discussed in much the same way and I dont see Christians out trying to condone slavery.

The bad and ugly side of this is there are many liberated women out there who are being shunned by the Church. If they dont want to fit into the cookie cutter stay at home mother image of a Church lady (and be passive aggressive) they cannot be. Many women and teenage girls are being lured to Wicca and other feminine religions because Christians hang onto incorrect interpretations and force traditions of men down peoples throats. Its time we Christians came out of the stone age and gave women the respect they deserve.

As far as keeping silent and not teaching men. In ancient Greek culture, women were not generally allowed to speak in public. In one passage it says as the law requires. This is not the law of Moses. It makes no such prohibition. It was the Greek laws of the day.

I will even go so far as to say that gender segregation in Churches is a bad thing. Too much for men and women and not together. The women go to one side and the men to others. I am a man. I think I should be able to talk to, pray with or befriend a person of either gender and yes, I am married (to a woman) so I am not looking for a date. Some of my closest and best friends are women. I think we are all the same and should work together for the glory of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums