✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@durangodawood & @Isilwen

I think its important for everyone to draw their own conclusions. Without heavy handedness or shouting matches. Providing resources is helpful. It allows the reader to consider what's said and form an opinion. Whether a plot exists or not is debatable. It's evident we're in interesting times and togetherness should be the goal. :)

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

I think its important for everyone to draw their own conclusions. Without heavy handedness or shouting matches. Providing resources is helpful. It allows the reader to consider what's said and form an opinion. Whether a plot exists or not is debatable. It's evident we're in interesting times and togetherness should be the goal. :)

I have no issues with people drawing their own conclusions, I just won't entertain them.

Too many other things that I am concerned with that need my attention.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no issues with people drawing their own conclusions, I just won't entertain them.

Too many other things that I am concerned with that need my attention.

That was written on your behalf. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lavaduder
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

My aim is to share my ideas with you here with respect.... because I have a lot of respect for you here!

I live in a place where global conspiracies perennially penetrate minds. UN Agenda 21. Forced depopulation. NWO. Its rural and remote and people are disconnected from the places of power and intellectual centers where "big thinking" thrives for better or worse. Big ideas always seem to be evidence for sinister motives. I feel like Ive seen this movie before.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A litany of buzz phrases almost all of which I agree with. The vid is a tone setting document, and thats about it.

But I dont have a ton of hope that us humans will make much progress on those fronts, and I think we're consigning the younger generations to a increasingly lifeless and dispiriting world.

We're at the point where people are competing for jobs (regardless of the current situation). Population growth has overcome the shortage of workers. Millions face limited employment choices due to AI, robotics, computerized engineering, etc. College grads are already experiencing crushing disappointment as many are unable to find work in their fields, and their student loan debt adds to the misery.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope. I believe that overall they are trying to do what's best for everyone and you cannot please everyone all of the time.

I actually agree. However government suffers from bureaucratic gridlock, political infighting, lack of experience in the world outside of government, lack of vision, conflicting visions, overfunding, underfunding, overworked agencies, underworked agencies, lack of communication between agencies, lack of communication within agencies, and worst of all making simple problems complicated and trying to simplify complicated problems, all the while getting no help from the people they are trying to serve.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually agree. However government suffers from bureaucratic gridlock, political infighting, lack of experience in the world outside of government, lack of vision, conflicting visions, overfunding, underfunding, overworked agencies, underworked agencies, lack of communication between agencies, lack of communication within agencies, and worst of all making simple problems complicated and trying to simplify complicated problems, all the while getting no help from the people they are trying to serve.

One word: Bureaucracy.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

That I can agree with as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My aim is to share my ideas with you here with respect.... because I have a lot of respect for you here!

I live in a place where global conspiracies perennially penetrate minds. UN Agenda 21. Forced depopulation. NWO. Its rural and remote and people are disconnected from the places of power and intellectual centers where "big thinking" thrives for better or worse. Big ideas always seem to be evidence for sinister motives. I feel like Ive seen this movie before.
The reason these ideas flourish is because many people woke up, and realised that no matter who you vote for, you get the same liberal, green policies.

To give an example, here in the UK we have a 'Conservative' prime minister that behaves more like a liberal green party politician. And that's before you even consider the destruction of numerous livelihoods and small businesses caused by months of covid lockdown. But nobody rioted, because they paid them all pacification money to sit at home and do no work all day. Conservatism is supposed to stand for small government, minimal government intervention in personal affairs, personal responsibility and autonomy, and self sufficiency and independence from government welfare and handouts. The reality is that most of the time we're getting the exact opposite of that.

When someone realises that they didn't get what they thought they voted for, the intelligent response is to question why not, and wonder what or who might be influencing the government, or pulling the strings behind the scenes. Maybe you just haven't noticed, or perhaps you just haven't been impacted by government decisions. Either way, it's intellectually lazy to just respond with 'that's a conspiracy theory'.

I don't know if you drive, but what do you think about the rapid increase in fuel prices for Americans after Joe Biden decided to trash the American crude oil industry (and then went pathetically begging to OPEC to ask them to increase production). That's just one example of a political decision that resulted in a higher cost of living and lower quality of life for Americans.

No doubt a lot of Americans were surprised when the price of fuel rocketed, even though Joe Biden stated clearly, pre-election, that he was going to destroy the US crude oil industry. But I suppose that for them, voting for Joe Biden made perfect sense because 'Trump was such a meany on Twitter'.

I would have no problem with this as long as I can freely use whatever I want, whenever I want, and as long as I want. :)
If that's what you think, then I'm sorry to say that you're thinking exactly how they want you to think. Entire populations will be enticed into the scheme with a higher standard of living at low cost. Then once you're trapped, uh oh, they switch off all the good stuff and you're left with next to nothing.

Look at the UK furlough scheme for people who worked in businesses that were forcibly closed by the UK government. It's costing a massive amount of public money, and it's obvious that it's totally unsustainable, but it's getting people used to the idea of being paid to do nothing. But of course there's no way the government could perpetually pay people enough money to service a mortgage, so eventually the only option is that they give up their home and everything else they own, and rent it back (you will own nothing and be happy). If you trust the government not to suddenly hike the rental costs until all you can afford is accommodation, food, heating, and one change of clothes, then you're ripe to get totally done over.

They don't want people to drive, and they certainly don't want people to fly. If people let them, we're going right back to the 1950s, and even worse in some respects.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if you drive, but what do you think about the rapid increase in fuel prices for Americans after Joe Biden decided to trash the American crude oil industry (and then went pathetically begging to OPEC to ask them to increase production).

That had nothing to do with Biden. No president truly has an influence on the price of oil. They can ask for OPEC to pump more, but ultimately, supply and demand, as well as the speculators, control the price of oil.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I really look forward to is our rapid decline in fossil fuel usage.
Without appropriate replacements in place (affordable electric vehicles and the electricity generating capacity to charge them or produce hydrogen as a fuel), what you are actually looking forward to is a dramatic increase in the cost of living and a huge decrease in living standards. For many people, they'll have to get used to unsanitary public transport, walking, and cycling, because those will be the only affordable options left. Oh, and no foreign holidays because air travel will only be for the billionaire elites.

By the way, battery electric vehicles definitely are not green or ethical.
1. Have you ever seen an open cast lithium mine, and the colossal quantities of water required?
2. Have you seen the child labour used in cobalt mines?
3. Have you seen the vast areas of land that have been heavily polluted in China in pursuit of rare earth mining and processing?

And the third point also applies to construction of wind turbines for generating 'green' (haha!) electricity.

It's ridiculous and scientifically illiterate to think that oil is the bogeyman, but electric is clean ethical and green.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Without appropriate replacements in place (affordable electric vehicles and the electricity generating capacity to charge them or produce hydrogen as a fuel), what you are actually looking forward to is a dramatic increase in the cost of living and a huge decrease in living standards. For many people, they'll have to get used to unsanitary public transport, walking, and cycling, because those will be the only affordable options left. Oh, and no foreign holidays because air travel will only be for the billionaire elites.

By the way, battery electric vehicles definitely are not green or ethical.
1. Have you ever seen an open cast lithium mine, and the colossal quantities of water required?
2. Have you seen the child labour used in cobalt mines?
3. Have you seen the vast areas of land that have been heavily polluted in China in pursuit of rare earth mining and processing?

And the third point also applies to construction of wind turbines for generating 'green' (haha!) electricity.

It's ridiculous and scientifically illiterate to think that oil is the bogeyman, but electric is clean ethical and green.

I will agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Shush, you're peaches and cream! :D

I think it's important to ask questions. As EA Sports says, question everything. Uncertainty inspires fear and superstition. The best way to address the unknown is openly. This thread provides an opportunity to do so.

We have a source and needn't rely on hearsay or opinions. You can find unsavory people in all classes. We have to guard against demonizing one over the other.

Upvote 0

Lavaduder

Jul 12, 2020
yers
✟18,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
People seem to latch onto a buzz word and build a whole mythology around it.

Like the "new world order" and its proponents' diabolical motives. The predictions were dire.

So Im not inclined to snap to attention at the announcement of any new latest world domination outrage.
That is because you are not woke! You must listen to and believe Alex Jones!!

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

"The pandemic has created a demand for humanoid robots," an expert says.

"Covid definitely accelerated the deployment of humanoid robots in different settings..."

Whether the change we see in the next years is all bad, somewhat good, mostly good, etc. to me that is not the heart of the Great Reset discussion. It's more about informing people of what could and seemingly will happen.

Upvote 0