✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Ah, okay.

So, you do know that the CO2 isn't actually in the form of a gas when you open a bottle of Coke, but it's a liquid since it's been dissolved, or that a single 300ml can of Coke only has 2.2 grams of CO2 in it, right?

That's really the same as the burning of fossil fuels, which has for every tonne of coal burned, 3.66 tonnes of CO2 are emitted. Exactly the same.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,722.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ah, okay.

So, you do know that the CO2 isn't actually in the form of a gas when you open a bottle of Coke, but it's a liquid since it's been dissolved, or that a single 300ml can of Coke only has 2.2 grams of CO2 in it, right?

That's really the same as the burning of fossil fuels, which has for every tonne of coal burned, 3.66 tonnes of CO2 are emitted. Exactly the same.
What is exactly the same?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What is exactly the same?

.... I really fail to see how you can't see that I'm being sarcastic when I say 2.2 grams of CO2 being released from a 300ml can of Coke is the same as 3.66 tonnes of CO2 being released for every tonne of coal burnt.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,722.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
.... I really fail to see how you can't see that I'm being sarcastic when I say 2.2 grams of CO2 being released from a 300ml can of Coke is the same as 3.66 tonnes of CO2 being released for every tonne of coal burnt.
I asked what the same as it's not so evident to me.

Carbonated drinks do realease CO2, and worldwide
it's some few tones of gas. But it's stupid to talk about such minute amounts, of course. Unworthy of response
should someone bring it up.

Where I wondered about " the same" is, combustion of coal releases CO2 last seen in the atmosphere 400million yrs ago.

Is the release from carbonated drinks the same as in
also " new" to the atmosphere?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I asked what the same as it's not so evident to me.

Carbonated drinks do realease CO2, and worldwide
it's some few tones of gas. But it's stupid to talk about such minute amounts, of course. Unworthy of response
should someone bring it up.

Where I wondered about " the same" is, combustion of coal releases CO2 last seen in the atmosphere 400million yrs ago.

Is the release from carbonated drinks the same as in
also " new" to the atmosphere?

I 100% fail to see what your point is.

I was being facetious towards AV because of his idea that drinking soda pop is the same as industrial greenhouse gases releasing massive amounts of CO2 into the air.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I was being facetious towards AV because of his idea that drinking soda pop is the same as industrial greenhouse gases releasing massive amounts of CO2 into the air.

LOL -- WOW

Just wow.

So now I'm raising my list to the level of industry, am I?

If I target practice with a .22 rifle, am I working at the same level as a howitzer?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
LOL -- WOW

Just wow.

So now I'm raising my list to the level of industry, am I?

If I target practice with a .22 rifle, am I working at the same level as a howitzer?

So why do you include it on your list then, since it is a massively negligible thing that can easily be offset, whilst the mass emission of CO2 can really only be offset (in my own opinion) by the mass use of nuclear energy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So why do you include it on your list then, since it is a massively negligible thing that can easily be offset, whilst the mass emission of CO2 can really only be offset (in my own opinion) by the mass use of nuclear energy.

It was on a list of contributors to climate change.

I copied the list and use it to make my point against those who think we should be giving up our creature comforts, or else Guam is going to be underwater soon.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It was on a list of contributors to climate change.

I copied the list and use it to make my point against those who think we should be giving up our creature comforts, or else Guam is going to be underwater soon.

Yes, it's not wrong to say those things contribute to climate change, but they are things that can be offset if done right. Most of them are luxuries we could do with less of (even though I drink more than my share of soda, even I know it's a luxury product).

Opening one can of Coke isn't going to bring ruin to Guam. Burning too many tonnes of coal without an offset on the other hand...

Although you do have to remember that companies like BP have known about climate change for decades but pushed it from being something they can deal with to something that is solely seen as being something regular people can only do, to save their own hides and profits.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,722.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I failed to realize that there were two of you
missing on a cylinder. Or three.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,327.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I failed to realize that there were two of you
missing on a cylinder. Or three.

What are you blathering about? Because all you're doing to me is just being rude for the sake of being rude.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,759.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
So mankind and coastal ecosystems have been
in a state of continuous disaster for 12 or 15k
years.
Slightly, quickly changing ecosystems causes extinctions and in extreme cases collapse. A whole lot of ice age eco systems were dying even before humanity spread out.

Human caused climate change is orders of magnitude faster than the changes that have been continuing since the end of the ice age.
The dinosaur bit is relevant how?
It's an example of the effect that you are describing of a long term benefit and opertunities for the surviving species comes at the cost of significant dasmage.

Exacerbates...most everything we do
is like that.
Overpopulation is the core of all of it.

And we get countries like Russia, China, Japan,
Korea trying to increase birth rate.

Overpopulation is an extremely overestimated danger... it's over consumption that's the problem. Bigger populations consume more, but it isn't even remotely even across civilisations.

USA and Europe worrying about falling birth rate.
That's what happens when you place a higher priority on the economics of the next couple of decades over survival as a nation over the next century.
Pushing people back from low lying coastal areas
will make overpopulation more acute and obvious
but nobody is going to do anything about it.

Meanwhile people fuss with feckless symbolic
projects like e- cars.

Hold back the seas with lithium batteries.
It is an ongoing problem, I agree.

That said, battery technology is an excellent component of renewable sources of power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The jury's still out on the escalation of earth's magnetic north movement. It's up to 30-40 miles per year now. Does it have an influence on weather patterns, earth shifting ,volcanic volatility?
Blessings
I bet it has.
Many people can argue about the details, magnetic pole wondering should certainly be one of them. However, nobody is able to see the whole picture.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it amazing that science is self-correcting?

The problem is not whether methane increases warming 20% rather than 30% but that fossil fuels has an overhaul warming effect on our climate. No need to do anything as we a have an extra year or two before breaching climate tipping points. Party on....
What tipping point? I don‘t see any so far.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,759.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I bet it has.
Many people can argue about the details, magnetic pole wondering should certainly be one of them. However, nobody is able to see the whole picture.
I doubt it has zero effects... but we have records of the pole shifting throughout the Earth's history and it doesn't line up specifically with mass extinctions, so I wouldn't rate it that highly.

That said there's at least one pole shift that lines up with a Pacific super volcano... and those are bad news,

Upvote 0