We've had a feminism movement, is it time for a maleism movement?

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I sometimes think male rights are being eroded, so i propose the maleism movement.

If i ring up to get car insurance, i'm fed up with having to pay 4 times as much as my female counterparts, even when i've had no accidents. And what is with these female only insurance companies.. it's a disgrace, women wouldn't stand for it, so why should we?

I believe that if a women decides to have children, they shouldn't be out to work straight after birth, they should be at home spending quality time with the newborns. With children, comes responsibility. If you don't want responsibility don't have children. The man also has a responsibility to earn AND spend time with their children.

If a couple decide they can't stay together, then men should be guaranteed some access to children without needing to resort to expensive legal actions. Far too often women prevent men from access to their children to punish their ex. With this comes responsibility of course, and men should pay for maintenance.

Finally, i believe men should be men, so if someone else dishonours my girlfriend or wife i want to reserve the right to knock 2 shades of **** out of them.

There's probably a lot more scope on this topic, so who's with me?

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I am totally with you. Men need to unite to break through the glass ceiling and make the same pay for the same work.

I will stand behind you as you burn your jock straps.
Just as long as it is not downwind. Have you ever seen the condition of some of those support devices?

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I sometimes think male rights are being eroded, so i propose the maleism movement.

OK

If i ring up to get car insurance, i'm fed up with having to pay 4 times as much as my female counterparts, even when i've had no accidents. And what is with these female only insurance companies.. it's a disgrace, women wouldn't stand for it, so why should we?

The way to get the rates down is to have men get in less accidents. You get right on that and I'll back you up when you petition for lower rates. I've never heard of a female only insurance company.

I believe that if a women decides to have children, they shouldn't be out to work straight after birth, they should be at home spending quality time with the newborns. With children, comes responsibility. If you don't want responsibility don't have children. The man also has a responsibility to earn AND spend time with their children.

Again, if men stop impregnating women this wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately women have to juggle both child bearing and money making in todays world.

If a couple decide they can't stay together, then men should be guaranteed some access to children without needing to resort to expensive legal actions. Far too often women prevent men from access to their children to punish their ex. With this comes responsibility of course, and men should pay for maintenance.

I agree. But then I've never seen an instance where this was a problem unless there was a legitimate reason.

Finally, i believe men should be men, so if someone else dishonours my girlfriend or wife i want to reserve the right to knock 2 shades of **** out of them.

Violence isn't the answer. But this highlights the reason for your higher insurance rates :)

There's probably a lot more scope on this topic, so who's with me?

Haha

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The term is masculism.

And no. Men have a ridiculous amount of rights. What men need to do is stop being wussies and be men. And women need to stop asking masculine and be women (there are women out there who act very manly because they think it makes them "more equal").

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As long as we recognize two different sexes, there will be sexism. Sometimes all one way, sometimes the other, and sometimes both.

We are two different sexes. To try to melt us together is sexism more than having two separate because guess who's going to become more like who.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

You should probably tell this to workplaces who don't want to let new mothers have any more time off than they have to. Considering many places seem to expect their workers to come in and work a full shift even with a fever and vomiting nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if they hassled new moms to get back to work too.

You seem to express some sort of violent fantasy often. Why do you want to hurt people? Does violence really help? Or does it just make people feel better?

Edit: I'm also going to add to this, if someone disrespects me in public, I can take care of myself. It's nice if my man pipes up first and tells whoever it is to get bent, but I don't need a man to defend me. And I especially don't want him hitting anyone, because if the guy has friends nearby and he gets jumped well then I have to jump into the fray to defend /him/ and we both end up in the hospital. :p

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The reason the women's rights movement was begun was because women did not have the same rights as men. To this day, we still do not have the same rights as men. You are correct in recognizing that men and women are not treated equally. When I make seventy-five or eighty cents, you are paid a dollar. There are far more men in CEO and other topic corporate positions, and in politics, than there are women. There are a myriads of medicines created to treat male problems like not being able to get an erection for some reason, yet no breast cancer cure. Women are now expected to work just as many hours outside the home as men and still do the vast majority of home cleaning and child-care. If you are under the impression this is unfair, you are right. Obviously, though, the solution is not "maleism". To even suggest that men are oppressed in Western society is to provoke laughter. The answer to the problem is equality. Some branches of feminism recognize this, others attempt, in my opinion, to create an opposite disparity. To this day, however, inequality still exists, and women are the ones with the poverty to face and the drudge work to do.

I think it needs to be recognized, men are not babies. Men are given huge advantages over women and have been for millennia. If you cannot succeed despite this huge head start, I cannot help you. However, to say men now need even a bigger boost is, in short, ridiculous. That is not to say women need a boost over men either. All should have the same chances for success.

I do recognize that in some areas, boys are not being given fair treatment. It is unfortunate that many U.S. parents would not consider giving their sons an ironing board or play kitchen or a dolly so he could play at being a good parent and practice the life skills he will someday require for an independent life. It is sad that out of control behaviour is still considered "boys being boys" when it is plain to any thinking person that this disruptive behaviour will interfere with a young man's learning in school and his personal life in society. It is sad that the physical requirements of young men are often not met - schools do not allow boys to work out their energy enough for them to be able to concentrate, and I saw that affect my younger brother's grades when he was an elementary student. It is terrible that the media does not depict the father role as a vital one, which makes it hard for many men to know what to do as good fathers, and even makes them frightened of fatherhood. I know of some great men who love their children dearly, yet get called "babysitters" when they spend a few hours with their children. It's awful that men are not taught that doing housework and what was once thought of as "women's work" is masculine and acceptable as a profession or hobby. I think this takes away from men's experiences. There are many feminists who would like to see these problems remedied.

I have never heard of a female only insurance company. Women's rates are usually lower because women are understood to be less aggressive drivers in general, with far fewer accidents than men, especially at younger ages.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
IMO, I'm all for letting women take control of the whole she-bang for at least a couple hundred years and see how things work out. They might do a better job, they'd be hard pressed to do a worse job lol.

As for the insurance premiums thing, a good friend of mine who works in the insurance biz once explained it to me. Basically, mens insurance rates are higher because they are better drivers. Yep, sounds weird but that's what he said. The thing is, when you combine a general better capability at driving with a generally higher level of aggressiveness you find that while men are less likely to be in an accident it is much more likely to be a serious and/or deadly accident.

I kinda laughed at it, but what he told me is that women tend to run into things that aren't moving. Carts in a parking lot, traffic signs, cars parked on the side of the road ... these are the types of accidents women were more likely to be involved in. But men, who drive more aggressively and with more confidence, tend to get into far more high-speed accidents where they end up plowing through a few other vehicles and serious injuries are more likely.

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IMO, I'm all for letting women take control of the whole she-bang for at least a couple hundred years and see how things work out. They might do a better job, they'd be hard pressed to do a worse job lol.
^_^ Men have ran every single civilization straight into the ground. Why not let women have a shot at it too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

How oh so very manly of you.

Upvote 0

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
1175724635.png

Trust me when I say that you dont want to know what it says:o And unless you're semi-familiar with Swedish Politics most of the mean of it will be lost.

Upvote 0

Macano

Jun 16, 2005
Visit site
✟15,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What happens if the man wants to be the stay at home parent?

I believe males deserve paternity leave. I have known quite a few stay at home dads and they do a fantastic job but get no credit for it.

The company I work for currently in a lawsuit filed on behalf of all the male workers for paternity leave. The females have it, but not the males. The lawyers say we (the one's suing) will win. I hope so!

Upvote 0

gwenmead

On walkabout
Jun 2, 2005
Seattle
✟10,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a radical idea: how about we regard a person's humanity as primary and their gender as secondary? How about we treat others with dignity and equality because they are fellow human beings, not because gender dictates it (or threatens to deny it)?

Or is that just too much to ask?

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The company I work for currently in a lawsuit filed on behalf of all the male workers for paternity leave. The females have it, but not the males. The lawyers say we (the one's suing) will win. I hope so!
More and more companies are ofter paternity leave or some kind of time off for new parents of either sex. It's not exactly the same as the time off given to women who have babies since that was meant to be mostly physical recovery time. This new leave covers not only new dads but adoptive parents as well and will probably be the norm in most companies before to long.

Upvote 0