We're there

sarah_egan

Aug 9, 2010
✟7,658.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have been on quite a journey with our kids. We have 5 son, 2 on earth, 3 in heaven and since our last loss we've been praying on what to do about preventing pregnancy. Mostly it was my husband as I grieved very hard over our youngest son's death.

I've come to the place where I can fully embrace that God's plan is perfect, that that doesn't mean it's going to end with us having more children born alive, and that they may be *my* children, but really they're God's children more and if He wants them home, well that's a better place for them anyway. I didn't want to be angry anymore and by keeping the perspective that God wasn't ruining *my* plans for my life, but keeping up His perfect plan I was able to move away from the anger.

I'm going through this because it would have been awesome if I could have found something like this to help me.

This past month my husband felt led for us to stop using protection and we did and I thought for surely I would get pregnant and I've accepted and embraced the idea that I need to enjoy every day with our babies and let go when the time comes and I'm honestly okay with that.

I didn't get pregnant this past month and I wasn't sorry about it. I'm going to continue to trust God, enjoy a pregnancy is that's God's plan for us, let go if He calls the baby back home, and continue on, but it was also nice to know that God is looking out for my heart (which is still raw) and He's closed my womb (at least for this moment) and know that if/when He opens it again, it will be part of His perfect plan.