Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't usually brown the meat if I'm using ground beef. I just buy 90/10 or higher and make a slurry with the wet ingredients. I like the even texture that results from that technique. It's really the usual way to make hot dog chili but I use it for supper chili too.
I usually use a combo of 80/20 ground beef but I drain it. Sometimes I’ll also add beef from the crockpot as well.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Served! You can add cheese, sour cream, whatever. :)
0EA0ABAD-B11B-4114-AB0B-80620C0F605D.jpeg

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So yummy, hope you and your family enjoyed! I’m off to bed :p work tomorrow good night. Enjoyed talking to you all. In case you haven’t heard it today. You matter, you are important and God does love you!
I enjoyed it too. God bless you Agallagher! :) By the way, as usual, the chili will taste better tomorrow but it was super yummy tonight. I love the taste of garden tomatoes.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I only grew 3 plants. They kept me in fresh marinara sauce, hot dog chili, and slicing tomatoes for breakfast but didn't yield enough to do any canning.

There was not a lot of variety to be found at planting time. I got a smaller Italian breed intended for sauce making. They were not Roma or San Marzano but were a variety I had not heard of that grew a very teardrop shaped tomato comparable in size to Romas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I grow yellow and red pear heirlooms. Besides the tomatoes you already mentioned, I cannot figure out what variety they’d be. The heirlooms are not comparable in size to a Roma tomato.
I only grew 3 plants. They kept me in fresh marinara sauce, hot dog chili, and slicing tomatoes for breakfast but didn't yield enough to do any canning.

There was not a lot of variety to be found at planting time. I got a smaller Italian breed intended for sauce making. They were not Roma or San Marzano but were a variety I had not heard of that grew a very teardrop shaped tomato comparable in size to Romas.

Upvote 0