Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because it's possible to lose genetic information.

Mostly, we gain genetic information. Adam and Eve, between the two of them, could have had at most, four alleles for each gene locus. Yet modern human populations have hundreds of them for most gene loci. All the rest evolved, and each one increased information in the population. Would you like me to show you the numbers for a simple case? You could follow the calculations with nothing more than high school math.

• Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New? Ive been a Christian for about 22 years and my pastor was preaching this when I first got saved. Along the lines of scientists have never found evidence of any mutation providing beneficial changes, additional information or new DNA. Mutations have only ever resulted in simpler or faulty changes.

What I think this should say is scientific evidence accepted by Christian scientists decades ago has found its way into slightly more mainstream acceptance. there is nothing new about it.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mostly, we gain genetic information. Adam and Eve, between the two of them, could have had at most, four alleles for each gene locus. Yet modern human populations have hundreds of them for most gene loci. All the rest evolved, and each one increased information in the population. Would you like me to show you the numbers for a simple case? You could follow the calculations with nothing more than high school math.
Heterozygosity

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Heterozygosity
Heterozygosity would account for 4 of them. The remaining hundred or so for each gene evolved. You see, we only get 2 sets of genes, which means we can have only 2 alleles at most for each gene. Two people could have at most, 4 of them.

Capice?

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you know what I meant. Then again you really don't believe in Adam.

If you don't believe in Adam, then one of us doesn't. Is that the problem here?

Of course you'll have to change who Adam is

What it it turns out, that it's not Adam, but someone with the same name? (WFTH-I)

and force it to meet some nonbiblical conclusion.

That would be (for example) claiming, with no Biblical support, that Adam was "perfect."

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Heterozygosity would account for 4 of them. The remaining hundred or so for each gene evolved. You see, we only get 2 sets of genes, which means we can have only 2 alleles at most for each gene. Two people could have at most, 4 of them.

Capice?
Adam and Eve didn't evolve...They were created...Capice??????

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which are evolved to be more fit than fish with functional eyes. Would you like to learn how?
No, the genes used to create eyes...the coding...was lost. But being in a dark cave it really didn't matter. But, then again you already knew that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve were the first people, not the only people. If you think they were the only people created who did Cain marry?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Adam and Eve were the first people, not the only people.

If they were the first, then all of us are descended from them. So again only 4 alleles from them. If you want to argue that their offspring interbred with other people not descended from them, I 'd be open to your reasons you believe that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, the genes used to create eyes...the coding...was lost.

No. The genes are still there, just not expressed.
The cavefish genome reveals candidate genes for eye loss

But being in a dark cave it really didn't matter.

It matters a lot. Eyes take a lot of resources and energy, not only to make, but to operate. So by only producing rudimentary eyes that don't function, the fish gains an advantage over fish that do have eyes.

But, then if you don't know much about biology, you wouldn't know that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Adam and Eve didn't evolve...

Actually, you're right, for all the wrong reasons. Individuals don't evolve. Populations do.

They were created...

They were. You just don't approve of the way God did it. The important thing to remember is that they could have only had 4 alleles for each gene locus. The other hundred or so for each gene evolved since then.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, you're right, for all the wrong reasons. Individuals don't evolve. Populations do.

They were. You just don't approve of the way God did it. The important thing to remember is that they could have only had 4 alleles for each gene locus. The other hundred or so for each gene evolved since then.

Bible say Eve was formed from Adams rib....furthest thing from evolutionism.

Bible says Eve was the mother of all. Once again rules out evolutionism.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bible say Eve was formed from Adams rib....furthest thing from evolutionism.

This is one of many reasons the text of Genesis 1 and 2 tells you that it's not a literal history.

Bible says Eve was the mother of all. Once again rules out evolutionism.

It rules out the creationist invention of "evolutionism", but of course, it's completely consistent with the fact of evolution.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is one of many reasons the text of Genesis 1 and 2 tells you that it's not a literal history.

You never really explained it, but that's OK...you never do.

You do understand Paul presented Genesis as literal and historical...you can find it in Timothy. Would you like me to show you the verse?

It rules out the creationist invention of "evolutionism", but of course, it's completely consistent with the fact of evolution.

Once again..typical of you....no explanation.

Upvote 0