✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some of the best coffee I ever had was in Israel. Who knew? :D

Well, ksen - I used to be pretty good at protesting but I've mellowed in my old age. :D

Heh heh, I find the same thing happening as I get older too. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello regular posters of the MJ forum.

I'd like to welcome each of you to the world of Protestantism.

Apparently CF's definition of Protestant places MJ's in that group.

I didn't think that MJ's considered themselves Protestants so I'm interested in hearing your opinion of the matter.

Thanks in advance.

SO! You want my “OPINION”? LOL!

I am sitting in my living room looking at a screen that is open to a Christian forum owned by a guy by the name of Erwin.
[I believe]

And someone has made a decision within that forum that if I am sitting in my living room looking at a screen that is open to this Christian forum owned by a guy by the name of Erwin.
[I believe] than I am a Protestant. ROFL.

People! Stop taking this SCREEN so serious. :cool:

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
Hello regular posters of the MJ forum.

I'd like to welcome each of you to the world of Protestantism.

Apparently CF's definition of Protestant places MJ's in that group.

I didn't think that MJ's considered themselves Protestants so I'm interested in hearing your opinion of the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Shalom Kevin,

I find this a very strange post indeed. The link you gave leads to a discussion started back in March 2007 which starts off like this:

CF's Definitions

The Exec's have issued an announcement on the definition of a Protestant.
But when you click on the link in that quote above you get this:

DR Closed Permanently

Notice to all members:

The forum formerly known as Discuss Rules and Staff Team Policy or DR has been permanently closed by order of the Executive Committee and the site owner Dr. Erwin Loh.

We are in the process of developing a new system where members may make inquiries regarding the rules and policy of this message board. A general announcement will be made when this has been completed.

PG
:scratch:

So I would like to know what the purpose of bringing this up now for two reasons:

1. This appears to be over three months old
2. The DR forum is now closed so we can't even discuss this rule

Not to mention that we all may be incited for violation of the discussing staff actions by participating in this thread?

FWIW- The understanding I have of the word Protestant was those who were in conflict with the Catholic Church , beginning with Luther, since Luther was a rabid anti-Semite, as is seen in his writing such as 'The Jews and their lies" one should assume that a Messianic Jew would not be in the same camp as this soul, besides protesting the Catholic church when we are the original, seems they should be the ones labeled the Protestants and the Protestants of today the anti-protestants or some such thing. :)

However we are supposed to have representation in the higher staff but all I see is those who are half and halfs, they say they are Messianic but also keep one foot in the Christian church as well so they are acceptable as a Protestant representative I guess and can play both fields.

Oh, and I stopped drinking coffee months ago when my blood pressure and heart got so bad from the dealings of these forums. Somedays I miss a good latte. :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

bindaniel

As a former catholic ninja altar boy. I find the whole sectarian thing, catholic/protestant an incredible bore.
primarily for the reasons outlined above.
The sin of replacement theology from both camps.
Luthers` anti semetism.

In all of the New covenant, catholic and protestant is not mentioned.

None of the apostles were catholic or protestant. I think it is important to follow the example of our Lord and the apostles doctrine.

Upvote 0