Welcome to CF2 (The saga continues, the legend is born)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meh says that it would take more programming to do away with it.

Changing it is alot easier.

Lisa

All it would take to do away with I think would be to comment out a line of code.

Its in the same plug in that the text would be and to change that is as simple as editing a post. Once its locate but its probably the only instance of the word Luck in the whole thing.

Edit:

And I have to remember to read through to the end for a conclusion before posting. ^_^

Reactions: Angel4Truth
Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok. Here's what we're going to do: we'll change the message. Hopefully tonight maybe. And then we'll ask Adrian to code it so that the pop-up is optional. If you want it, you can select so in your controls and if you don't then you can select to turn it off.

Make the editing changes that don't require Adrian's intervention.

Bother Adrian with the other totally inane part only *after* he's been able to fix the actual *bugs* -- like the "too wide for the screen" and the "moderated post" bugs.

Sheesh. :doh:

Upvote 0

beamishboy

Jan 3, 2008
✟6,878.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
We think the "moderated post" bug is under control. At least we know what is causing it--a messed up User Rank. Apparently Erwin used User Ranks a lot on the back end.

To get round the "moderated post" problem, just click backspace twice, then highlight your entire post and copy it, and then paste it on the quick-post at the bottom of any page on the thread. There is no moderated post problem when you use quick post. The only trouble with this is when the mods approve the moderated post, you get two posts.

Upvote 0

beamishboy

Jan 3, 2008
✟6,878.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
We think the "moderated post" bug is under control. At least we know what is causing it--a messed up User Rank. Apparently Erwin used User Ranks a lot on the back end.

To get round the "moderated post" problem, just click backspace twice, then highlight your entire post and copy it, and then paste it on the quick-post at the bottom of any page on the thread. There is no moderated post problem when you use quick post. The only trouble with this is when the mods approve the moderated post, you get two posts.

NB: Actually, the problem just happened again for this post. I'm using the "Quick Reply" and it should be all right!!!

Upvote 0

Gazelle

JESUS Lover of My Soul. JESUS I Will Never Let Go!
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
On My Pink Cloud Looking Down!!!
✟551,714.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Ok. Here's what we're going to do: we'll change the message. Hopefully tonight maybe. And then we'll ask Adrian to code it so that the pop-up is optional. If you want it, you can select so in your controls and if you don't then you can select to turn it off.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks a bunch for adding this options . . . Best idea ever!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank-You.jpg

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Ah, that explains why the bug kept biting me "there." ;)

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Gazelle

JESUS Lover of My Soul. JESUS I Will Never Let Go!
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
On My Pink Cloud Looking Down!!!
✟551,714.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private

how is any of Erwin's things being used used over here . . . I thought nexia was doing everything from scratc over here . . . :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tychicus2

Aug 18, 2006
USA
✟607,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how is any of Erwin's things being used used over here . . . I thought nexia was doing everything from scratc over here . . . :confused:

I think there is residual code from the transfer that may be causing some of the issues ???

Nexia is no longer with us... Sir Adrian is the Tech in charge now...

Go ADRIAN !!! :clap::clap::clap:

Ty

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi youthwalk - i think its 20 reps in a 24 hour period for non site supporters and 40 for site supporters in a 24 hour period. youll be able to start repping when youve passed the 24 hour mark of the first rep you gave yesterday. you can check them in your user cp to see the times you gave them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Aw man! You noticed!

Yes, it's back, but I don't think the back-end of delivering the reports to the right teams is working yet. But, we'll figure 'em out as they start streaming in. I think there will be an official announcement shortly. We're running around in circles and screaming just this moment.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
dunno what happened but for some reason CF's server didn't exist on my end. I had to edit my hosts file just to get here and graphics like avatars are not working right sometimes I have no graphics at all not even post buttons and reply. I wonder if they changed IP addresses and it hadn't propagated my way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.