Weird feeling while Praying - Not sure what it is.....

ConvictionofGod

לא תרצח‎ (δεν θα μπορείτε να σκοτώσει)
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It behoves us to speak consciously with God in our hearts
same goes for prayer, it does not have to be rehearsed however we should possess in our minds a linear idea or outline of what we would like to pray to God about, a little structure may benefit the overall "shape" of the prayer session

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It might not be a good idea to get a ticket or park in the wrong spot. So I decided moving and walking longer to town after taking a picture, too big car. A small car is not always a bad thing. I rather walk or run than pay for parking. I often end up running actually.View attachment 209598

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Bible believer, follower of Jesus Christ
Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
OK, I have been noticing this more and more.

Every time (well almost) I pray I feel something unexplainable go through my body. It's almost like a chill but not really. I can't fully explain it. It's around the shoulder/ core of my body. I actually twitch or "shiver". That usually does not happen to me unless I pray!!

It's so odd... Yet I feel like there is a reason for it.

I had to share this because it just strikes me as odd. Not in a bad way... I guess it's just an unknown odd.

I think I know that feeling. Sometimes, when I get deep in prayer and really focus on God, on Jesus, or just really focus on Him in me, I would feel a strong feeling in my core something like warmth, uplifting feeling. It is really hard to describe. It feels God.

I believe it is the Holy Spirit, feeling of flowing waters inside, like described in the Bible. It could not be nothing else, because on the other hand, if there is presence of bad spirits I can feel that really strong also and feel the heaviness of it. At those times it is hard to even pray and focus, but once I come so far I rebuke those spirits by the blood of Christ and even thinking about Jesus helps and often I get that warm feeling. I would say be careful and pray about it pray to God, adress Him and ask what that feeling is!

I will pray for you and may our God bless you in Jesus name!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Every time (well almost) I pray I feel something unexplainable go through my body. It's almost like a chill but not really. I can't fully explain it. It's around the shoulder/ core of my body. I actually twitch or "shiver". That usually does not happen to me unless I pray!!

I had to share this because it just strikes me as odd. Not in a bad way... I guess it's just an unknown odd.

I feel something similar in prayer at times and always find it wonderful. I feel in the upper core and center of my chest. I feel it is from the Holy Spirit during prayer and adoration.

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

לא תרצח‎ (δεν θα μπορείτε να σκοτώσει)
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sometimes when i am deep in prayer i become "drunk" i feel slightly dizzy, i sway upon my knees and i become deaf to external disruptions, and all is silent ---
My breath becomes the masts for which His word is used to sail into the valley of my heart.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That basically means you are in for a big surprise.

I am wondering what verses or what prayers you have made, which have given you such spine tingling chills.

The clue would be in those. ;-)

Upvote 0

Peter Adeshina Babalola

Nov 4, 2017
Lagos
✟33,268.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean to test the spirits?

I mainly get these feelings when I am very vulnerable/honest with God.. Its not a conviction feeling though.. I only get this feeling when I pray/read the bible/try to be close to God..

I don't have family members who are Christian so I don't have anyone to ask about these feelings. I have friends who are christian, though, so perhaps I can ask them if they encountered something like that..

There is nothing wrong with having this kind of touch during your prayer time. As I type this I feel a glow of the anointing of the Holy Spirit seated on my head, sometimes its like a gentle breeze, sometimes its like a refining fire and at other times its like the oil pouring over my head. This started 20 years ago when I begin to take prayer time more serious. Each time it happens it is like having the warmth of God wrapped all around you. Why this shouldn't be the focus of your prayers because at times you won't feel this, but hey their is nothing wrong if you long for that presence. God is tangible! Its been 20 years now, and that warmth freshness keeps increasing everyday as I stay in his presence

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I pray that it is. The Holy Spirit can bring a lot of things into a relationship, it can be peace for sure but it also can be enlightenment, discernment, a sense of energy going forward in a new understanding, uplifted feeling so to speak . Depends where you are in your walk and what He is doing with you. Also conviction, can't forget that. It's very powerful stuff. I can get a sense of excitement that radiates out from my heart when I get in/with the Spirit. I wouldn't call it distracting, it's more recognition and excitement that there is that fellowship. It's awesome when it happens and I'm probably about to learn something. ! But you want to test the spirit, you are right to ask, because we can get false witnesses ministering to us or just ideas of our own mind..
But you want to test the spirit, you are right to ask, because we can get false witnesses ministering to us or just ideas of our own mind.

Amen. As it is written, we are admonished to TEST the spirits.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0