• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

WEB (World English Bible)

Discussion in 'Theologia Crucis - Lutherans' started by Daniel9v9, Jul 10, 2019.

1. A Shield of Turquoise

A Shield of Turquoise New Member

+35
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    How does the ESVUK differ from the normal ESV, apart from British spelling conventions?

2. Julian of Norwich

Julian of Norwich AngloCatholic

+145
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    In the few verses I looked at the language seemed a little more dignified. I can't say if that is true generally, just in those verses I checked (and I don't remember those verses off the top of my head - probably from my devotional reading that day).

3. Daniel9v9

Daniel9v9

+640
    Japan
    Lutheran
    Married
    Not to my knowledge. In some respects, it's not even fully anglicised. For example, throughout the ESVUK it reads "baptize" as opposed to "baptise", which would have been truer to British English. Though I'm sure they had a lot of compelling reasons go with "baptize" - perhaps it's more universally accepted.

My Lutheran Study Bible is ESV (CPH). It would be nice if CPH published anglicised versions, but I suppose there isn't a very strong demand for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List