Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Curious... if you could go back in time and use waterboarding on shaik muhammad on sep 10th 2001 and have him reveal the 9 / 11 plot and save all those lives because of it.... would you?

Most definately I would.

#1. because the lives would have been saved.

#2. because waterboarding as was done by these fine american patriots, is not even close to 'torture'.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am 100% on the side of my country. There are many times when the truly patriotic are the ones questioning injustice. A greater indignity to those lost on 9/11 is for ANY injustice be done in their memory. This is MY country:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights....

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.....

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

Will you still defend these monsters once the other memo's are avail to the public describing how many plots have been thwarted because of these techniques ? I wonder?

Have you asked yourself why the Obama admin won't release these other memo's?

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Curious... if you could go back in time and use waterboarding on shaik muhammad on sep 10th 2001 and have him reveal the 9 / 11 plot and save all those lives because of it.... would you?

Most definately I would.

#1. because the lives would have been saved.

#2. because waterboarding as was done by these fine american patriots, is not even close to 'torture'.

Fine... you build the time machine, and go to work.

in the meantime, if I told you that one of these men was a terrorist planning the next 9/11, how would you figure out which one?

Is it this one?

18841793_ecddab92a1.jpg

Or this one?

man.jpg

How about this one?

Muslim-man-4.jpg

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Will you still defend these monsters once the other memo's are avail to the public describing how many plots have been thwarted because of these techniques ? I wonder?

Give Cheney's crew some time... they haven't finished writing the memos.

Because they don't exist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Realdeal is often the exception to the rule. There are also a few others. But the most vociferous defenders of torture on these boards bear the elephant and the cross.

I haven't really said anything about this whole torture thing and I haven't been around lately because I've been moose hunting, fishing, etc... But here's the thing, in any war I support, if I personally caught an enemy combatant who had information that I believe would save soldiers or US citizens' lives, I'd put fresh batteries in a cattle prod and drain them dry until I got the information I needed. If it took a blow torch and a rusty pair of pliers to save US soldiers lives, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Notice the lack of an elephant in my block

Upvote 0

sinner/SAVED

homo unis libri / εραστής της φρόνησης
Dec 3, 2004
Sowega
✟11,386.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
The common theory is that President Obama doesn't want to incriminate anyone from the previous administration.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I haven't really said anything about this whole torture thing and I haven't been around lately because I've been moose hunting, fishing, etc... But here's the thing, in any war I support, if I personally caught an enemy combatant who had information that I believe would save soldiers or US citizens' lives, I'd put fresh batteries in a cattle prod and drain them dry until I got the information I needed. If it took a blow torch and a rusty pair of pliers to save US soldiers lives, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Glad to see Dick Cheney posts here...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks for admitting you would torture people based on a mere belief system. Isn't that what some claim islam promotes?

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

The common theory is that President Obama doesn't want to incriminate anyone from the previous administration.

Since Obama's campaign was always focused on bipartisanship and cooperation "across the aisle," the rationale seems to be the same as when Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon for his role in Watergate... as much as the public wants to know the truth, the administration would rather, in the interest of putting the country back together, put the whole sordid debacle in the past and look forward.

I understand the reasoning, even if I don't necessarily agree.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Talk is cheap.

Upvote 0