Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two young boys ordered to take a school test that would result in their conversion to Islam wrote, "I am Christian," on the exam papers, knowing in advance that could very well spell the end of their educations. Now a U.S.-based organization is lobbying for international pressure on Egypt to quit forcing Christians into such no-win situations.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56929

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious about a few things.

What exactly was this test?

And how would it have forced their conversion?

The article doesn't say, and I'm REALLY curious. After all, people can learn about a religion enough to pass tests on it and not convert to it. I know; I went to Catholic school my whole life until college and several kids stayed non-Christian throughout and never failed religion class.

Metherion

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm only guessing, but I understand conversion to Islam is something like saying Allah is God and Mohamid is his (last) prophet. So the test may have ask a question along thiat line ... then the school leader could have anounced they had conversed and put them under a lot of pressure to practice Islam. If they didn't practice Islam they would be considered apostates. Apostates are to be killed.

Just a guess.
dayhiker

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.