Status
Not open for further replies.

AllisonW70

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟287.00
Faith
Baptist
There are many different ways to share your testimony and the Good News. Open air preaching, using tracts, or keeping a web site blog are just a few ways.

How important is carrying out the Great Commission to you?
How do you chose to go about it?
What are some ways that you have found that work better than others?
How do you get past the fear of talking to people about your faith?

To me, discussing practical ways to get the Word out is very important.

Do lost souls seem more open to some methods of witnessing than others?

We all need to figure out what form of witnessing we are going to use. Sharing different ways to witness may give others ideas that they may not have ever considered. The thing is, no one can share your personal testimony and express your personal relationship with Christ but you. It has to come from us as individuals. We all have our own story. And somewhere out there are lost souls who need to hear your or my particular story. I'm disabled. I was born with no arms or legs. So, there may be certain people who are more interested in my story than others. The same can be said for every saved soul. There is someone out there who needs to hear YOUR testimony. They need to know there is everlasting salvation in Christ and YOU are the one they will listen to.

If you are sharing your faith, how do you do it?
If you are not because or fear or embarrassment, share that too. Hopefully, you will recieve the encouragement you need to let go of your fears.

Matthew 28:18-20 (NLT)

18Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. 19Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I just became a Christian, the sincerity with which I was telling people about Christ appeared to have worked. :)
I had strenght, courage and God was bringing people from all over.
I realize it now that He was encouraging me :) , since many came to Christ.

Right now, it is more complex.
A lot more complex.
It is MUCH slower, more discipleship-type of evangelism, more example, less direct words. :)

Complex cases, different barriers. :)

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0
£

£amb

It's wonderful to see the many ways that God will use believers to spread His Word. And it's not all about street preaching either. My witness is through Preschool. I see the same parents 2-3 times a week from September until June. They see me every"school day and they know only through God can I manage to keep my sanity around these children. I have seen many families join our church just by bringing their children to Preschool and having their children talk about God at home and asking questions. This verse encourages me when I'm at Preschool:

Matthew 5:16 "...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Upvote 0

AllisonW70

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟287.00
Faith
Baptist
When I just became a Christian, the sincerity with which I was telling people about Christ appeared to have worked.
I had strenght, courage and God was bringing people from all over.
I realize it now that He was encouraging me , since many came to Christ.

Right now, it is more complex.
A lot more complex.
It is MUCH slower, more discipleship-type of evangelism, more example, less direct words.

Complex cases, different barriers.

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed, :wave:
I understand what you mean by using yourself and your life as an example for people rather than the more direct form of evanglism. :)
But I'm just curious. Why did your witnessing move to a slower pace and become more complicated after being saved for a while?
In May 2005, I rededicated my life to the Lord after accepting Him as my Savior at age 13. Within the last year, I have noticed myself becoming even more encouraged to share my testimony with others. In other words, I don't seem to be slowing down and it doesn't feel more complex to me. As time goes by, I seem to be gaining steam for witnessing! So, that's why I'm just wondering what you meant by that.
May God Bless and Keep you,
Allison

Upvote 0

ROGER459

Aug 30, 2006
✟798.00
Faith
Christian
IF: there is nothing on the INSIDE, then it will stay there!

THEN: if the Spirit of GOD lives within you, ONE CANNOT HELP BUT TO WITNESS OF THE GRACE OF GOD!

(2Corinthians 5:18-to-21) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
(2Co 5:19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
(2Co 5:20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
(2Co 5:21) For He [GOD] hath made Him[JESUS] to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him [JESUS].

Thanks, Roger459

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do what most probably refer to as lifestyle evangelism- my Christianity is just so much a part of who I am that I don't have to actively evangelize- just by living my life for God others will see a difference. Also because of my relationship with God, He does come up in normal conversation with others. I also blog and am not shy in that. I tend to be more quiet in person because I'm drawn to those who have been hurt by other Christians who come off as over-zealous in their witnessing- by giving those people a chance to just get to know me I can earn their trust and then they are more willing to talk about God.

Upvote 0

chocolatecheesecake

Aug 9, 2006
✟15,362.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i think, we need to use both, our life and deeds, plus the works we speak.

but yeah, my only thing is the motive behind evangelism, see i wander around the street alot and have met many amazing people and told them about Jesus, i have made friends from this and have seen lives changed. but at one stage this other group of christians set up a stage in the park and for a month spread a false gospel saying that you had to join their church to be saved, they went on to discredit my name by saying that i dont really know Jesus and am lying. so yeah my point is that shareing your faith is never, never never about church growth, it is about loving a person and so wanting to see them not die. its not about a duty or a 'job' its about a love and passion for the lost. i say dont even open your mouth to a person about Jesus if you feel no compassion toward them, not to say you got to be best friends or anything but you got to have affection and genuine care for them, not the winning of souls but the making of friends, expending a family in Christ, its not a game, not winning but bringing a person out of the enemies camp and into life!, yes! hehahea

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Ed, :wave:
I understand what you mean by using yourself and your life as an example for people rather than the more direct form of evanglism. :)
But I'm just curious. Why did your witnessing move to a slower pace and become more complicated after being saved for a while?
In May 2005, I rededicated my life to the Lord after accepting Him as my Savior at age 13. Within the last year, I have noticed myself becoming even more encouraged to share my testimony with others. In other words, I don't seem to be slowing down and it doesn't feel more complex to me. As time goes by, I seem to be gaining steam for witnessing! So, that's why I'm just wondering what you meant by that.
May God Bless and Keep you,
Allison
My life is a life of witnessing. This never changed.
The methodology changed.

What I encounter now are more complex cases.

There are objections from people. Lives that are complicated by the work of the devil.

Objections are overcome, but slowly. It takes time. :)

I am not discouraged, but encouraged even more.:)
When one sees a life that is broken, and in time you ask a person, "So what keeps you from asking Christ into your life now?", and that person looks at you and says: "Let's do it" and then his/her life changes, this is encouraging. :)

Thanks,
Ed

Upvote 0

AllisonW70

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟287.00
Faith
Baptist
I do what most probably refer to as lifestyle evangelism- my Christianity is just so much a part of who I am that I don't have to actively evangelize- just by living my life for God others will see a difference. Also because of my relationship with God, He does come up in normal conversation with others. I also blog and am not shy in that. I tend to be more quiet in person because I'm drawn to those who have been hurt by other Christians who come off as over-zealous in their witnessing- by giving those people a chance to just get to know me I can earn their trust and then they are more willing to talk about God.

That's awesome!!!!!!
Thank you as well as everyone else for sharing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AllisonW70

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟287.00
Faith
Baptist
My life is a life of witnessing. This never changed.
The methodology changed.

What I encounter now are more complex cases.

There are objections from people. Lives that are complicated by the work of the devil.

Objections are overcome, but slowly. It takes time. :)

I am not discouraged, but encouraged even more.:)
When one sees a life that is broken, and in time you ask a person, "So what keeps you from asking Christ into your life now?", and that person looks at you and says: "Let's do it" and then his/her life changes, this is encouraging. :)

Thanks,
Ed

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.