Visit site
✟38,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What's all that got to do with having to have a degree or training?.. nothing at all!

The Bible is all you need to learn how to share the word! Not any degree or training!

I really have no clue why you posted what you did, it has nothing to do with what I said!

I really don't know what it was all about, but at least they removed the guy's posts! They should!! So again.... and?? They did the right thing!

True they should'nt have allowed for that guy to have part in their site if they didn't know anything about him. They should've checked him out, I agree. Maybe they just trusted him, because they said he was a Christian or something. Who knows? But hey, they found out he was in the wrong and quickly removed his posts! Good for them!

I repeat myself again. The Bible is all you need! God is the Teacher!

God Bless

Jonathan

Upvote 0

GPguy

Rest in peace dear grandpa. 7/15/1929 - 9/22/2010
Jul 13, 2006
Dover, DE
Visit site
✟38,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it they should focus on that membership you're speaking of?

I've given you many. I gave many verses that show Jesus' way. I gave you the lust verse and a couple others.

How about you study Matthew, Mark and Luke and read all Jesus said. You should be able to see easily there :)

Hope you come to see the resemblance in preaching methods used by Christ and The Way of The Master progam.

God Bless you.

Your friend,

Jonathan :)

Upvote 0

Tkjjc89

May 12, 2007
✟8,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My question would be this.

Does it matter at all how the message is given as long as it is received? I mean really?

My scripture references are:
Philippians 1:15-18

If I am told a "doctrine", and have been told of numerous "doctrines", I choose to investigate that "doctrine" to see if it is worthy to listen to. If it isn't TRUTH, I throw it away. In other words, if it is Biblical Truth, I keep it. If it sounds like nonsense, most generally it is.

I have seen TWOTM witness to people. There approach is straight in your face, but the message is there. That is ALL it needs to be. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are "trying" to build a "church" out of witnessing, then yes, it probably is the "wrong" approach. If you are "trying" to get a message out? Sounds good to me.

Some are out there trying to make money out of "Christians", and to me this is wrong. 2nd Cor 2:17

Does that make the message wrong? Or the preacher?

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

Philippians 1:15-18
15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.[c] 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

This one passage is suggesting that some may preach the Gospel in a way that some may find objectionable, and this is better than not preaching it at all.

But this still has its limits- it doesn't say that anything goes when presenting the Gospel. And it certainly says nothing to support the confontational technique used by Way of the Master.

I think God wants us to be as effective as possible in presenting the Gospel- in presenting the Good News in a Good, not a Confrontational way.

To me, Jesus is love and peace- shouldn't we try and follow that example whenever we can to win people over to Him?

2 Corinthinians 13:
Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

Here are some key passages in Matthews that describe Jesus's style of preaching:

Matthew 4:
17From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 7:
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 11:
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 19:
16Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
17"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

18"Which ones?" the man inquired.

Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,'[d] and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'[e]"

20"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"

21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

I would suggest that none of these support the style of evangelism promoted by Way of the Master.

Upvote 0

Tkjjc89

May 12, 2007
✟8,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And again my response is, does it really matter? I think in todays society, and you would have to agree, that it is getting worse. Much worse! I miss the Billy G. days when he used to get in the faces of multitudes. You think these guys are rough? You should have seen Billy in his prime. These guys look like candy cane, compared to him, lol. Alot more revival, and alot let sugar coating. Let them quit the "tickling of the ears" afraid they will lose their congregations. Sound doctrine is where it is at, and if there was a church that was meat driven hard-core, I would return. I am passed that milk of the gospel, so in TWOTM, maybe more will realize that they are doomed. It really is cut and dry. No middle ground, no make believe. Either you are in, or out. If you are in, take the Whole Word as it is written, or don't and take your chances. My 2 cents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

israel13

Jan 15, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
✟298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do any of you know of evangelistic audio messages or other material in Spanish based on the principles Ray Comfort teaches? The stuff in Spanish on the Way of the Master and Living Waters websites is really for training and not really designed to give to non-Christians. Thanks.

Upvote 0