• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

wats going on.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Long before homosexually became an everyday term these were called "teenage crushes". Most survived them and moved on to be pretty heterosexual people.

Most likely its just you new sex drive seeking expression, and you haven't got all its newness fully intergrated into your thinking, like most teenagers.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Yoshi426

silent dreams
Nov 23, 2005
✟4,766.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Long before homosexually became an everyday term these were called "teenage crushes". Most survived them and moved on to be pretty heterosexual people.

Most likely its just you new sex drive seeking expression, and you haven't got all its newness fully intergrated into your thinking, like most teenagers.

John
NZ
but how do i know if they're just "teenage crushes" or something else...

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just a reminder to everyone about a CF rule that might pertain to this thread:

3.5 Controversial Topics to Be Discussed Only in Certain Forums

A. You will not post content regarding the following subjects anywhere on CF except in Ethics & Morality, Liberal Theology, Christian Philosophy, or any subforums in the Congregation or Recovery* categories:

drug use
gambling
polygamy
extramarital or premarital sexual activity
homosexuality
transsexuality
abortion

*You will not make posts promoting or endorsing any of these subjects in Recovery forums.

Upvote 0

SmackYouTwice

Jan 13, 2004
Alberta
✟8,120.00
Faith
Christian
Pray about it. Ask God to help you understand that having those feelings (and taking them any father) is wrong and why.

This is also something I have struggled with since... well, I spose it really made an impact when I was 17-ish. I know it's wrong! But that's not to say I don't still struggle... altho, it's been a good year since I have, so maybe I got it thru my head/body and hormones (lol), with the guidance and grace of God, that it's WRONG, NO NO.

:)

I'll be praying for you!

Upvote 0

Finn88

Sep 30, 2006
✟15,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This girl is your friend right?
So maybey you love her? I love alot of my friends, but when your hormones are all over the place like they are at your age (I still have trouble sorting out feelings in my head sometimes) loving a friend can really easily get mixed up with being in love with said friend!
Its pretty normal really.
Where it becomes a problem is if you start dwelling on, fantasising about or acting on feelings! So make sure you take it to God, ask him to help you clear your mind of wrong thoughts you have towards your friend! Youll be fine :)
does that make sense?

Finn.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not uncommon at your age to be confused about your sexuality. While it is possible that you are fully homosexual, it is also just as likely that you are confused.

Boys your age are pretty icky, so don't worry if they don't have any appeal for you right now. It'll take another 10 years or so before they are really presentable.

Your hormones have kicked in now, too. You are experiencing your sexual awakening at a time when boys are generally icky, and (at the same time) you are developing very close friendships with other girls. It's easy to get confused.

I think that the more you dwell on these thoughts, the more confused you will become. Try focusing on other things when these feelings come up. You may find that they aren't as much of a problem if you keep at it. *** In the meantime, try not to worry about it too much. It's something that many people go through.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
but how do i know if they're just "teenage crushes" or something else...

Thanks for asking an unanswerable question, lol

Hormonaly active teenagers are often very sexual. This can result in a general sexual awareness and an idenifiable desire for some kind of sexual expression. That desire meets moral boundaries head on. But a general sexual awareness is normal, and that can sometimes be somewhat bisexual in some younger teenagers, although most don't actively indulge in homosexual actions. Within a year or two most are clearly normal heterosexual people.

Internally, there may be little discernable differences between a 'crush' and a real same sex orientation. Broken hearts result from the loveof one's life suddenly going AWOL. The perspective of years usually shows the immaturity of those early feelings, but they were very real and painful at the time.

I can only suggest that time will tell. If you have good heterosexual relationships, good social interests, are people focused most young girls who wonder about their sexual orientation will discover that guys are great.

Feel free to fire away with any more questions.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.