Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You know what? I stand corrected on that one US, you were correct...I looked at the actual footprints and many DO display the separated big toe...they are ape!

:doh: You :tutu: like Rumpelstiltskin and Arachne combined.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You know what? I stand corrected on that one US, you were correct...I looked at the actual footprints and many DO display the separated big toe...they are ape!

You're making pronouncements about science without even bothering to research what you're saying, who'd have thunk it? Seems to be a pattern emerging.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dogma Hunter wrote "Sounds like Trump's "alternative facts". Yeah, I'm not interested in that kind of "alternatives".

Me either...! So we can agree on that.

Please use the quoting feature or write usernames correctly with an "@" prefix, so that it shows up in alerts of the user you are addressing or talking about. If I hadn't stumbled upon this post by accident, I would have not known about it. It's proper form on an internet forum. Call it "politeness" if you wish.

Having said that, you are incorrect.
The "alternative views" you were talking about, are "alternative" to the proper scientific views.

In this case, these "alternative views" are the unsupported, non-scientific ramblings of the exposed liar known as Harun Yahya, who's real name is Adnan Oktar.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree and that is what really irritates me about so many creationists and atheists...

Correct for creationists. Not so for atheists. Atheism isn't a dogma and it doesn't even have any doctrines to adhere to in the first place.

on this very forum in different areas I have stood corrected and admitted I was wrong...have you ever did it even once in any of these forums?

I don't think I called you closed minded. I was merely clarifying what the term actually means, because what you were implying was wrong.

I love truth and will change my perspective to line up when I have been shown where it should be...

Then I suggest you start reading up on the evidence for evolution.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:doh: You :tutu: like Rumpelstiltskin and Arachne combined.

Why the subtle insult? I believe in lining up with the knowable truth wherever that leads. It's called Intellectual Integrity...the question is will YOU admit you may be incorrect on ANY matter you espouse?

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're making pronouncements about science without even bothering to research what you're saying, who'd have thunk it? Seems to be a pattern emerging.

We have had far too many pretty deep discussions Jim and I have far too much respect for you (you are one of the more articulate and less abrasive atheists) so I will just ignore that...

Correcting one's self or each other is called being honest with the evidence (many scientists do this). Sadly this is something SOME evolutionists and SOME creationists are apparently psychologically unable to do...(or humility emotionally shakes up their sense of superiority or hate).

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We have had far too many pretty deep discussions Jim and I have far too much respect for you (you are one of the more articulate and less abrasive atheists) so I will just ignore that...

Correcting one's self or each other is called being honest with the evidence (many scientists do this). Sadly this is something SOME evolutionists and SOME creationists are apparently psychologically unable to do...(or humility emotionally shakes up their sense of superiority or hate).

Fair enough, it was a bit harsh maybe, especially as unlike many on here you can admit that you overlooked something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Stern and Susman (American Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 60, Issue 3, March 1983) remarked: “It is demonstrated that A. afarensis possessed anatomic characteristics that indicate a significant adaptation for movement in the trees” (1983, pg. 280). They went on to comment: “The AL 333-91 [designation for a specific A. afarensis fossil—BH/BT] pisiform [bone of the hand—BH/BT] is ‘elongate and rod shaped’ and thus resembles the long, projecting pisiform of apes and monkeys”.

Stern and Susman’s research detailed the fact that the hands and feet of A. afarensis are devoid of the normal human qualities assigned to hands and feet. Instead, their research demonstrated that these creatures had long, curved fingers and toes typical of arboreal primates.

Amazing that your praise of this paper did not include what is seen in the paper's abstract:

...Other structural features point to a mode of terrestrial bipedality that involved less extension at the hip and knee than occurs in modern humans, and only limited transfer of weight onto the medial part of the ball of the foot, but such conclusions remain more tentative than that asserting substantive arboreality. A comparison of the specimens representing smaller individuals, presumably female, to those of larger individuals, presumably male, suggests sexual differences in locomotor behavior linked to marked size dimorphism. The males were probably less arboreal and engaged more frequently in terrestrial bipedalism. In our opinion, A. afarensis from Hadar is very close to what can be called a "missing link." We speculate that earlier representatives of the A. afarensis lineage will present not a combination of arboreal and bipedal traits, but rather the anatomy of a generalized ape......

So weird that you missed that...

• Winner
Reactions: sfs
Upvote 0