Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is violation of Aristotle Law of Logic, isn't it?

Does that "law" preclude cats from being felines, carnivorans and mammals?
Does that "law" preclude deer from being even toed ungulates, mammals and cordates?
Does that "law" preclude squid from being cephalopods, mollusks, and bilaterians?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Humans are apes. I can explain to you why, but I want to make sure and clear up your abject confusion about Y Adam first. What in post #4 did you not understand that I can explain further for you?

I see that @joinfree left a "funny" emotie on this post. What, exactly is so funny about it? And are you ever going to address the content of post #4?

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does that "law" preclude cats from being felines, carnivorans and mammals?
Does that "law" preclude deer from being even toed ungulates, mammals and cordates?
Does that "law" preclude squid from being cephalopods, mollusks, and bilaterians?
Law is Law. A human can be a pilot of airplane, but he can not be an animal.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But Darwin's theories do disprove Genesis and if you cant take the Bible as fact you might as say the God of Abraham is not true.
Darwin's theory does not disprove Genesis, since Genesis is a metaphorical account of the origin of life, the universe, man, etc. Only an intransigent delusion that insists on a literal interpretation of Genesis creates an unnecessary and unwelcome tension between religion and science.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I see that @joinfree left a "funny" emotie on this post. What, exactly is so funny about it? And are you ever going to address the content of post #4?
On reflection it's probably pointless to engage with those experiencing deficits, especially when the exact nature of the deficit is unclear. One day I may learn this lesson myself!

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We have come to a contradiction, therefore Darwin is not right.

The only thing we have come to, is yet another example of how ill-informed you are on the subject you are determined, and theologically required, to argue against.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tell me about the very first human. Suppose, his name was also Adam. Was this human a monkey?

There's not such thing as "the first human", just like there is no such thing as "the first spanish speaking person".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I see you have tremendous difficulty actually answering questions. Time for me to stop wasting any further effort on rational discussion.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
upload_2019-2-12_11-24-34.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Why? Doesn't spanish has (sic) distinctive roots?
OF course it does. The fact that you think this supports your view, rather than refuting it, is a clear measure of your lack of understanding.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OF course it does. The fact that you think this supports your view, rather than refuting it, is a clear measure of your lack of understanding.
Explain, do not troll. I am author in Phys.Rev.E. I have perfect brain.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Explain, do not troll. I am author in Phys.Rev.E. I have perfect brain.
I am not trolling. If you have a perfect brain it should be self evident, now that I have pointed out that you are in error.

We know that Spanish derived from Latin, as did French, Italian, Romanian, Portugese and a tranche of minor languages. There is a continuum of these languages geographically and temporally. The division in time between Latin and Spanish, or geographically between Spanish and Portugese is artifical. One can readily look at the extremes and say "Esto es espanol" and "Hoc enim Latine", but in between the transition is gradual and ultimately is made for convenience, not because there is major distinction between adjacent tongues.

And that mirrors what we see with species, geographically and temporally. We can look at skeletal remains and say, "yes, this is defnitely homo sapiens, and this is definitely homo erectus, but this third one is intermediate. On balance, I think I shall call it an example of homo erectus, but Fred will insist it is early homo sapiens and Mary believes we can avoid the dispute by classifying it as an intermediate species, homo antecessor."

Such debates relate primarily to convenience. Humans like to name things. Scientists like to do so systematically, but when we are describing a continuum the important thing to remember is that it is a continuum. That is the fact that you seem wholly unaware of and that renders your understanding so deeply flawed.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not trolling. If you have a perfect brain it should be self evident, now that I have pointed out that you are in error.

We know that Spanish derived from Latin, as did French, Italian, Romanian, Portugese and a tranche of minor languages. There is a continuum of these languages geographically and temporally. The division in time between Latin and Spanish, or geographically between Spanish and Portugese is artifical.
Thank you, my love. But we can be 100 sure, that there was a time, when there was no Spanish. Thus, the start of Spanish has certain borders in time.

Then speaking about Darwinism: humans are not animals, and animals are not humans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.