Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just had something weird happen to me. I was reading a lot about other people's struggle with their relationship with God and all of the sudden in my head it was like 'why do you always look for assurance in other people and what they're going through. Why don't you just come to me?' And it kind of freaked me out. It wasn't in a rude way it was more like upset. And I don't know if I was thinking it or God said it. I've never heard God speak to me, like I've never heard his still small voice so I'm not sure that was him. Cause people always say you know it's him when he speaks. But idk. Just thought I'd share that!

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just had something weird happen to me. I was reading a lot about other people's struggle with their relationship with God and all of the sudden in my head it was like 'why do you always look for assurance in other people and what they're going through. Why don't you just come to me?' And it kind of freaked me out. It wasn't in a rude way it was more like upset. And I don't know if I was thinking it or God said it. I've never heard God speak to me, like I've never heard his still small voice so I'm not sure that was him. Cause people always say you know it's him when he speaks. But idk. Just thought I'd share that!

Actually this is something He would say. In other words. Why do look ever where but here? Or why do you ask everyone but me? The Lord is a jelous God. He loves it when you know you can come to Him first about anything. That is was a relationship is. How do I know this? He has said this to me before. Be Blessed and listen for when He speaks to you.

Upvote 0

HowRU?

Dec 2, 2016
Houston
✟31,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That might have been God. The suggestion in the message is Biblical. Coming to Jesus is always the best move.
The Bible says that love is not rude, and God has never been rude to me, so the message passes in that aspect also.

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it sounded like it was accusing, it probably wasn't God.

Otherwise, it might have been.

It didn't feel like accusing. It felt like concern. It didn't make me feel guilty it just made me rethink my actions and what I go to in times of panic and anxiety which isn't God.

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually this is something He would say. In other words. Why do look ever where but here? Or why do you ask everyone but me? The Lord is a jelous God. He loves it when you know you can come to Him first about anything. That is was a relationship is. How do I know this? He has said this to me before. Be Blessed and listen for when He speaks to you.

That's exactly what I think! I maybe didn't word it in the best way but you get what I was saying.

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That might have been God. The suggestion in the message is Biblical. Coming to Jesus is always the best move.
The Bible says that love is not rude, and God has never been rude to me, so the message passes in that aspect also.

I don't know if how I wrote it sounded rude but it wasn't. Whether it was God or not I think it was a good wake up call for me! Definitely makes me want to change my ways.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
For the first two years after my conversion to Christ, I struggled because I did all the religious stuff that my church expected of me, but I had never come to a personal knowledge of God Himself. One day I got out in the middle of a golf course in the dead of night and introduced myself directly to God. At once, I got all lit up inside and an inner voice said, "We have been waiting for you to get through all the religious stuff and to decide to come directly to Me." I knew that this was God speaking to me because I had never had any strong thoughts like that ever before. That was 1969. I have had many similar encounters since then where I have heard the same inner voice. It is a bit quieter these days because then I was young and immature in the faith and God had to speak quite loudly in my spirit. These days, I am used to His voice, so it is a lot quieter, but the same quality is there that shows me that it is His voice speaking through my thoughts and not just my thoughts. He has spoken to me in other ways as well - through verses of scripture that have jumped out at me, and sentences in good Christian books, sermons where I have felt the preacher talking right to me when I was just one of 400 people he was preaching to, plus advice from trusted mentors. I have found that when I have asked God questions, He has always answered and made things clear to me. I think that's amazing.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Loving God above all others is really a very difficult thing for us. It's natural for us to want to go to friends for any problems that we have. They can give us understanding. They've been thru the same things as us so it's comforting to get their feedback. But when we need help it's God that we have to go to. I'm happy to hear of your new connection with Him. God bless you dearly!

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the first two years after my conversion to Christ, I struggled because I did all the religious stuff that my church expected of me, but I had never come to a personal knowledge of God Himself. One day I got out in the middle of a golf course in the dead of night and introduced myself directly to God. At once, I got all lit up inside and an inner voice said, "We have been waiting for you to get through all the religious stuff and to decide to come directly to Me." I knew that this was God speaking to me because I had never had any strong thoughts like that ever before. That was 1969. I have had many similar encounters since then where I have heard the same inner voice. It is a bit quieter these days because then I was young and immature in the faith and God had to speak quite loudly in my spirit. These days, I am used to His voice, so it is a lot quieter, but the same quality is there that shows me that it is His voice speaking through my thoughts and not just my thoughts. He has spoken to me in other ways as well - through verses of scripture that have jumped out at me, and sentences in good Christian books, sermons where I have felt the preacher talking right to me when I was just one of 400 people he was preaching to, plus advice from trusted mentors. I have found that when I have asked God questions, He has always answered and made things clear to me. I think that's amazing.

Thanks for sharing this! It's awesome to hear how God speaks to you. It's very encouraging!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpicScore

Sep 16, 2017
✟41,079.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
One way you can be sure whether or not the call is from God, try to ask: Does it align with His already revealed Word (i.e. The Bible)? And, does it draw you nearer to God, or does it do the opposite?

It seemed to me, that the call you heard was a reminder to re-examine your priorities as a Christian in the way you commune with God.

I know it's quite a struggle to find the right balance. On one hand, God has allowed us to cross paths with fellow Christians in order that we may edify and correct each other, and to emulate their examples in the areas of life they have done right.

However, it's easy to get lost in our fellowship with others that we may forget that the measure of our worth does not lie in how we spiritually compare with Christians, but solely in the fact that Christ has individually called us to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0