Was there only one rule in the Paradise?

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"What ifs" do not lead to the truth. God said, "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

God said all the trees are good to eat from, freely...just as God, on the sixth Day, "saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." To eat the fruit of the tree without taking thought (which is to consider/reason/desire the fruit as being good or evil; is desired because it might add to one's stature;bring some kind of gain/increase or even that it will take away or diminish in some way) is to keep the command.

Just as the woman at the tree in the garden reasoned...desiring something more (perceiving lack), considering the fruit has something more to offer by knowledge...that what she already possessed within was not enough and needed (desired/lusted after) more, then she ate. When the truth be, no thought needed to be taken, just pick up and eat the fruit. It just is good because God said it was so...nothing added to or taken away from...just is good.

Man perceives/thinks good and evil...something will add to his stature or take away from it (...when the truth be, no man can add to his stature) to take thought is to eat with ulterior motives/desires/lusts...God made Adam in His image

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Proverbs 11:19 As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.

Just like the woman at the tree...taking thought...Jesus says "Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat..."

• Winner
Reactions: Fish14
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if Adam killed Eve or did something else what is now sinful? They had no knowledge of good and evil so was there only one command: not to eat the fruit?

There has always been only one effective command from God.

Obey Me.

That we have to have other commands shows how dificult we find it to do this.

Jesus repeated this by saying 'If you love me. You will Obey my commands.'

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What if Adam killed Eve or did something else what is now sinful? They had no knowledge of good and evil so was there only one command: not to eat the fruit?
What would have been the reason for Adam to have committed this "What If" Question?

Every action of man which is sinful, stems from the eating of the Tree of Knowledge of good and Evil.

Without such knowledge, Adam would not have ever killed Eve, before the Fall, neither Adam or Eve possessed a Human Nature.

When Eve picked and ate of the forbidden fruit, she had no knowledge of sin, she was unaware of what she did until after she ate the fruit, that Knowledge was produced in her and Adam AFTER they are the fruit.

Upvote 0

Fish14

Dec 16, 2016
Brussels
✟33,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What would have been the reason for Adam to have committed this "What If" Question?

Every action of man which is sinful, stems from the eating of the Tree of Knowledge of good and Evil.

Without such knowledge, Adam would not have ever killed Eve, before the Fall, neither Adam or Eve possessed a Human Nature.

When Eve picked and ate of the forbidden fruit, she had no knowledge of sin, she was unaware of what she did until after she ate the fruit, that Knowledge was produced in her and Adam AFTER they are the fruit.

Actually I can't think of a reason why Adam had done that. Maybe there just wasn't any reason to sin in the Garden apart from the tempting snake.

Upvote 0

Fish14

Dec 16, 2016
Brussels
✟33,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There has always been only one effective command from God.

Obey Me.

That we have to have other commands shows how dificult we find it to do this.

Jesus repeated this by saying 'If you love me. You will Obey my commands.'
Could Adam and Eve have disobeyed God in a different way?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have already explained to you , Adam and Eve did not have a consciousness of sin.

Sin did not enter the world until they gained the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

It is a concept beyond your comprehension, you might as well have asked the age old Atheist question, about God making a rock.

If you knew the truth, you would know, the question is not only moot, it doesn't make sense to anyone but you.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Disobedience is disobedience.
Does it matter if you loose your driving licence, that you need for work, because of speeding or because of being drunk.
The end result is the same you loose your job.

Adam rebelled against Gods clear command and was punished.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin did not enter the world until they gained the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Indeed!

"Behold the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world" and Jesus words, "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth" are the same truth IF we believe...

And to 'see' or to 'think' in terms of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is to still be eating what the woman gave Adam. The eyesight change came after 'the fall' (kicked out)...perception is everything...as in the question God asked, "Where art thou?"

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:18)

I have found most interpretations of the revelation of Jesus Christ have nothing to do with where Christ is being revealed at...Paul spoke of the mystery now being revealed "Christ in you, the hope of glory"...that which is being restored is what happened in the garden...

There be few that would consider the end of the world as an end of a way of thinking...which has everything to do with (finding/perceiving/eating of) the Tree of Life...

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Q: Was there only one COMMAND to A&E in Eden?

A:Yes
Genesis 2
16 The Lord God commanded the man, saying,
“From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;
17 BUT from 'the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" you shall not eat,
for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.” (Body/Soul combo becomes mortal)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums