Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He clearly loved people, but I think he felt he was bothering others with his existence, because he wanted to die for them, at the same saying to them that if he died, they`ll live forever, so he wanted them to live forever, was he tricking people, because he wanted to die? Another thing, is that I think romans, the gouverment, gave him a chance to be honest, even several times, about not being the son of god, so they decided to hang him or crusifie, because he wasn`t honest, and got some popularity? Was he just a human being that died because he slowly lost his sanitiy, he haven`t appeared again?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He clearly loved people, but I think he felt he was bothering others with his existence, because he wanted to die for them, at the same saying to them that if he died, they`ll live forever, so he wanted them to live forever, was he tricking people, because he wanted to die? Another thing, is that I think romans, the gouverment, gave him a chance to be honest, even several times, about not being the son of god, so they decided to hang him or crusifie, because he wasn`t honest, and got some popularity? Was he just a human being that died because he slowly lost his sanitiy, he haven`t appeared again?

That question id explored in Lewis's Trilemma. You can read about it here:

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Was alot to read, but interesting, what`s your personal, opinion on it, if I can ask?

As to the choice of "Lord, Lunatic, or Liar" my opinion is that he was Lord. If you look back to the days of Moses you find that someone said one day that a great ruler would come from the Jews. There are other parts to it, on and on. But in modern times, every time you strike your keyboard you record his birth. That says something in and of itself.

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No the LORD wasn't 'nuts',
Or there wouldn't be over 2.4 billion Christians on the planet,
According to wiki, Christianity is the largest religion in the world.

Do you think jesus was immoral, since he got popular, I know from experience that you don`t get popular unless you do something wrong, and what`s the dream of jesus, is it to sit around a long table, and eat? What`s the dream?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think jesus was immoral, since he got popular, I know from experience that you don`t get popular unless you do something wrong, and what`s the dream of jesus, is it to sit around a long table, and eat? What`s the dream?
Loving your neighbor as yourself is immoral?

done with this conversation.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And how do you know that the Roman Government gave Jesus a chance to be honest? How did you come by this idea?

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And how do you know that the Roman Government gave Jesus a chance to be honest? How did you come by this idea?

Well, romans were always very normal per say, honest, there must have been a reason for them to hang him, that`s how I come about this idea, the normal idea is that he got too popular, but I think it was more down to him walking around, saying he was the son of god

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, romans were always very normal per say, honest, there must have been a reason for them to hang him, that`s how I come about this idea, the normal idea is that he got too popular, but I think it was more down to him walking around, saying he was the son of god

Romans were always very normal and honest? Seriously? Which history books have you been reading? You'll need to do better than you're doing with these questions. I'm not going to take them very seriously until you back up your positive statement with some scholarly and/or academic support.

NOT GONNA!!!

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Romans were always very normal and honest? Seriously? Which history books have you been reading? You'll need to do better than you're doing with these questions. I'm not going to take them very seriously until you back up your positive statement with some scholarly and/or academic support.

NOT GONNA!!!

Yes, because they didn`t like singers, that`s how I know how they were a little, no singing, or acting

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

no .... mankind is the nutcase and insane

• Agree
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, because they didn`t like singers, that`s how I know how they were a little, no singing, or acting

:ahah: ... Oh, Jiminy Cricket! You're a real hoot!

So, let me get this straight. You're going to ask us questions about Jesus' sanity but you're doing so out of your own unsubstantiated assertions about what you think was the nature of Roman thought and the application of their judicial process in the 1st century. Do you do this because you haven't read Robert Wilken's book (2003), The Christians as the Romans Saw Them, or anything similar by other scholars?

By the way, how do you even know whether or not Jesus even existed? You'd kind of have to take this issue seriously first and do so on a level comporting with scholarly historical investigation before you get to think about fairly applying a question about Jesus' sanity, let alone attempting any additional evaluation you may want to make about His popularity or the implications of such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was the Son of God . He was different. You can’t base an argument about Him with mans reasoning, logic or norms. It all falls to pieces because He was God. He came to pay for our sins and show us the way to His Father, who He knows Personally.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The blind still see deaf hear lame walk dead still rise. All this is happening right now. Why not just ask Him your self? If He is so real then ask Him. See the key is one must ask from your heart. He only He came died for the world no other has no other is real. For God so loved the world HE gave His only son that who so ever believes in Him will not die but have ever lasting life. Today is the day of salvation. There is no second chance after this life

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jesus did miracles and rose from the dead. Further, he claimed he was divine to Pilot.

We can find sources outside the Bible that Jesus was a miracle worker... from his ideological enemies.

Upvote 0

Reasonable Christian

Dec 15, 2020
Maryland
✟19,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP,

I haven’t seen a clear statement from you in this thread about why exactly you think Jesus was a “nutcase.” Maybe you’re just trolling. But if you’re serious, please provide evidence for your assertion, and I would be happy to respond.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will need to suspend your position on Jesus Christ of Nazareth in order to understand what He came to do and achieved here on earth.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He clearly loved people, but I think he felt he was bothering others with his existence
Jesus clearly expected that many would hate him for his unorthodox teachings

because he wanted to die for them,
Jesus did not actually want to die. Matthew 26:39 (The "cup" Jesus is saying here is the ordeal he will have to face at the crucifixion)

at the same saying to them that if he died, they`ll live forever,
While many Christians believe this, I think it's a wrong interpretation. I don't believe that interpretation myself.

Christ's condition for eternal life in my understanding is by the revelation of sin (it's harmful effects, no only to you but others as well), you are compelled to turn away from it. Something like how some of our collective actions as a society is contributing to higher crime rates and how we should turn away from them to change the situation for good.

If you can't accept it, then you can't have eternal life.

Another thing, is that I think romans, the gouverment, gave him a chance to be honest, even several times, about not being the son of god, so they decided to hang him or crusifie, because he wasn`t honest, and got some popularity?
The Roman official assigned to Christ's case was Pontius Pilate didn't wish to crucify Jesus and was doing everything in his power so that Jesus avoids the death sentence. Because Pontius Pilate was afraid of Jesus, because he thinks he might actually be the Son of God and telling the truth.

Was he just a human being that died because he slowly lost his sanitiy, he haven`t appeared again?
The only traumatic event in the Bible enough to drive Jesus insane was the crucifixion. Indeed Jesus spoke of a few things at his last moments in the cross like he has lost faith and giving up. But if Jesus didn't get crucified, there's nothing else in his life traumatic enough that could have driven him insane.

Upvote 0