CHADSTONE
✟22,248.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Didn't the doctrine of investigative judgment originate due to a failed prediction of Jesus' second coming?
Yes a dangerous false doctrine, walter martin discussed this in the KIngdom of the cults. I used to be an sda but when i attended a church in New Zealand, they threw the pastor out because he wouldn't teach it. Its basically a works-based salvation teaching, complete and utter garbage

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What is the Minimum Requirement for belonging to the SDA church?

1. Sabbath
2. Going to heaven, before Christ returns and rules the earth.
3. Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean and Unclean foods
4, Conditional Immortality
5. Historicist view of Prophecy
6. SDA church the fulfillment of a prophecy. 1335 of Daniel 12
7. Catholic Church and the Anti-Christ
8. Church/State alliance (Protestant/Catholic) as mark of the Beast. The divine right of Kings being upheld by Christianity and a misrepresentation of God.
9. Keeping the 10 commandments and having the testimony of Jesus as a sign of God's remnant people.
10. Sabbath as Seal of God and loyaliy to God
11. Sunday-law: Force Sunday sacredness as a sign of loyality to the Church/State Alliance

You will not find that grouping in the Seventh-day Baptist church or any other group out side of Adventistism
Where do you find #2 on your list of requirements to be a SDA? That isn't even close to bring a SDA doctrine. That is a dispensationalist doctrine.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where do you find #2 on your list of requirements to be a SDA? That isn't even close to bring a SDA doctrine. That is a dispensationalist doctrine
The question is about minimum standards to be accepted or break fellowship.
It is The ADVENTIST Part. it is what makes you Adventist. What I think you are confused about is the term Adventist/Rapture are the same thing. Yes they are. it is the part where you go to the marriage supper of the Lamb. That is not the 2nd Coming. The 2nd coming is when he Rules on the earth.

the 1000 year location is debated. but you must believe that you go up before Christ rules on the earth, weather that is for 1000 years on earth or after 1000 years in heaven

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes a dangerous false doctrine, walter martin discussed this in the KIngdom of the cults. I used to be an sda but when i attended a church in New Zealand, they threw the pastor out because he wouldn't teach it. Its basically a works-based salvation teaching, complete and utter garbage
Actually we find in the teachings of Jesus evidence for this doctrine. When speaking to His disciples about the signs of the end He interrupted that flow of thought and told the parables of the 10 virgins and the talents.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

In the Bible oil is symbolic of the HS.

Psa 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Thus the virgins are symbolic of people who have some measure of the HS. But the five foolish virgins run out during the waiting time and as we know the HS is not transferrabke from one person to another. In the parable when they come back from purchasing more oil the wedding door has been closed and they are refused entrance. This is before the second coming and thus takes place before it, but is necessary for entrance into heaven. This just be a judgement that happens before the second coming as at His second coming Jesus says He is coming to reward every man according to his works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The question is about minimum standards to be accepted or break fellowship.
It is The ADVENTIST Part. it is what makes you Adventist. What I think you are confused about is the term Adventist/Rapture are the same thing. Yes they are. it is the part where you go to the marriage supper of the Lamb. That is not the 2nd Coming. The 2nd coming is when he Rules on the earth.

the 1000 year location is debated. but you must believe that you go up before Christ rules on the earth, weather that is for 1000 years on earth or after 1000 years in heaven
That is not even remotely a SDA doctrine. That is dispensationalism. I've discussed theology with enough of them to recognize their theology when I see it.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is not even remotely a SDA doctrine. That is dispensationalism. I've discussed theology with enough of them to recognize their theology when I see it.
didn't you just say that?

1. go up to heaven for the 1000 years, then come down to the earth, Satan is released then destroyed then NJ comes from Heaven. That is SDA theology.

2. go up to the Marriage supper of the Lamb, come down for the 1000 years rule on the earth. Satan is released, then destroyed, then NJ comes down from Heaven. (Minority view)

This was literally the first division in the SDA church. The messenger party, some stayed in the SDA church some left and founded there own church. it became a minority view. There has always been this division, in the SDA church.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
didn't you just say that?

1. go up to heaven for the 1000 years, then come down to the earth, Satan is released then destroyed then NJ comes from Heaven. That is SDA theology.

2. go up to the Marriage supper of the Lamb, come down for the 1000 years rule on the earth. Satan is released, then destroyed, then NJ comes down from Heaven. (Minority view)

This was literally the first division in the SDA church. The messenger party, some stayed in the SDA church some left and founded there own church. it became a minority view. There has always been this division, in the SDA church.
:) OK. Demonstrate that from the 28 fundamental beliefs and from Ellen White's writings as SDAs believe in her spiritual gifts given to her by God. I know becaise I am a SDA and have been most of my life.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:) OK. Demonstrate that from the 28 fundamental beliefs and from Ellen White's writings as SDAs believe in her spiritual gifts given to her by God. I know becaise I am a SDA and have been most of my life.
demonstrate what?
I have been a SDA my whole life to, Have a degree in SDA Theology, was a pastor, dean, Literature Evangelist & youth pastor, as well as minor role as evangelist, camp counselor, assistant homeless ministries director & assistant dorcus leader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. - 2 Corinthians 11:3

And what is the simplicity of Salvation?

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:8-10

There are many who like to go by names (Dr, Rev, Bishop, Prophet) that have lost the simplicity that is in Christ and have turned it into something else.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
demonstrate what?
I have been a SDA my whole life to, Have a degree in SDA Theology, was a pastor, dean, Literature Evangelist & youth pastor, as well as minor role as evangelist, camp counselor, assistant homeless ministries director & assistant dorcus leader.
Quote from the 28 fundamental beliefs to show that the SDA church is a dispensational church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quote from the 28 fundamental beliefs to show that the SDA church is a dispensational church.
i did not say it was a dispensational church where are you seeing that.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i did not say it was a dispensational church where are you seeing that.
:) You keep claiming SDAs believe in a period of tribulation before the second coming and that the millennium is after the second coming.

Here is a link to a pdf version of them. Open it and show where your beliefs are, including your rejection of Ellen White.

I sort of half think you'll still deny you said it which I find incredibly sad. Be proud of your beliefs. Stand up and own them, or are you ashamed of them.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:) You keep claiming SDAs believe in a period of tribulation before the second coming and that the millennium is after the second coming.
it depends on what you think the 2nd coming is. I never said anything about the tribulation. that is you reading into what i said.
Here is a link to a pdf version of them. Open it and show where your beliefs are, including your rejection of Ellen White.
what does the rejection of EGW have anything to do with with the 1000 years. You need to clarify what it is you are asking it is unclear what you are saying and what you want. That is the problem. you are saying, or it is coming accross that you do not know what the SDA teaching on 1000 years is. you tell me what you think the church teaches. you are saying I have it wrong. clarify this,

I sort of half think you'll still deny you said it which I find incredibly sad. Be proud of your beliefs. Stand up and own them, or are you ashamed of them.
Please do put words in my mouth or question my motives

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
27 The Millennium and the End of Sin The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Jer. 4:23-26; Ezek. 28:18, 19; Mal. 4:1; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Rev. 20; 21:1-5.)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
27 The Millennium and the End of Sin The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Jer. 4:23-26; Ezek. 28:18, 19; Mal. 4:1; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Rev. 20; 21:1-5.)
So, you still will not show from the 28 fundamental beliefs what you claim is there. You're good at obfuscastion, but not anywhere close to good enough. If you would show your proof from the 28 fundamental beliefs I'd shut ip anf go away but you and I both know you can't. You can make any claim you want about your level of education but I'm not susceptible to it. I stick to reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟7,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Ellen White a true prophet? If not, why remain an Adventist? Did she ever make any predictions that turned out to be untrue?
Do you mean the one she told about how she watered down the gospel and was rebuked by Jesus?
Or the one that she told about how her garments were blood stained by ungroomed folks?
Or the one that she told about how she couldn't face the Truth and remained in utter darkness?
Or the one she told about entering the most holy place, contemplating the seat of mercy, while declaring the law is still binding?
Or the one she told about how the conductor of the train she was on was the devil?
Or the one she told about struggling to climb up a narrow path, holding on to a rope and then plummeting into the abyss?
Were her visions authentic?
Authentically troublesome.

All God's prophets testify that all who have faith in Jesus receive remission of sins. Acts 10:43-44
The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0