was can I do about these people mocking me?

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So i really didnt know where to post this, but i wanted people to see the conversation I had. Unfortunately it was on facebook and was deleted after I made my final point..

I got on facebook to see what people were saying about the earthquake, cause the fact that all US troops were accounted for in Japan makes me feel like God had a part in it. What I saw was a guy saying that he hoped people had intended to do more that "pray" (he put quotes) because it wouldnt help anything. He also said that its nice to have thoughts about caring for other people, but that these thoughts wouldnt save anyone.

I couldnt let this be unchallenged! 3 people had already liked it! so i posted a comment saying "what would you have me do? what are you doing to help? why would you critisize those for praying when they can do no more, and what are you doing to help?"

within 5 min 5 different people posted this like, why are you friends with this dumbass? and god isnt real moron. and they said that i cant assume that he wasnt intending to do something about it. and then he posted that he wasnt talkinga bout me and that people should get up off their asses and do something rather than "pray". the last sentence was, "idiot."

So i responded "wow, you dont take criticism nearly as well as you give it" then someone posted, "reading comprehension isnt a strong suit is it?" and I dont understand what he means, and I feel he said it to make me look stupid so i called them out.

I posted, "your words do nothing but kill and you will recieve what you give" and the only response was "not necessary" and 2 min later the entire status post and comments were deleted and I was unfriended. I took the ridicule so that people would see the fruits that they bare, but it is gone now and no one will know

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess what im asking is, was I even doing the right thing? I felt like I should reveal their true nature even though they claimed to desire to help. Is this allowed for christians to do? Im recently converted and I dont know why no one else is doing this that I know of.. am I being false? is it not the spirit of god that drives me to do that, but rather a pretender? idk, cause I have converted a few people and have had 2 pastors start focusing on jesus and I thought this was a sign of being true. I just dont know and no matter how hard i try to get people to respond they wont..

Upvote 0

ChristianEMT

Feb 9, 2011
Eastern United States
✟7,755.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
That's so sad. Christians at times, take persecution for standing up for the truth. Don't think about it as in you took the ridicule for nothing, but be encouraged that the truth that you did share reached someone, 5 people liked your comment right? So that's 5 people that at least that read the truth, and all the other people who read the thread, and didn't respond, read it as well.

I don't think what you did was wrong, if you did it in a kind way. You have the right to defend God, and especially when others are affected by someones post who is speaking down against Gods people. Prayer is a very powerful thing, many don't know that unless someone shares it with them. Perhaps the original poster doesn't understand the power of prayer, and that makes a good time to share what you believe in, after all they shared where they stood with the situation, and in return you did as well. You reached out to them with truth, and endured ridicule while doing so, there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
let me clear up, 5 liked the post that HE made. Sorry for the mistake. These people would not listen to me, and no one that agreed with me got to see it either. How can you even reveal these peoples spirit as ungodly so that believers ignore them if they can just completely erase it. They wont speak up in person, so i cant stop them from ridiculing anyone...

Upvote 0

ChristianEMT

Feb 9, 2011
Eastern United States
✟7,755.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, thanks for the clarification. You can't really reveal someones spirit on the computer as ungodly if you don't know them. Talking online is in a way its like writing a letter. You can sometimes identify them by what they talk about. From what he shared it doesn't seem like he believes in the power of prayer, and even if he was a believer then, you still said the right thing. Considering the fact that he thinks God is Moron, it may be a good thing he deleted you. Some peoples hearts are so hardened, it can be really tough to make a difference in their life. Sometimes God uses us to spread truth, and then He works on their heart. You only can do so much, and then sometimes, if they start affecting you negatively, then that would call for a time of deletion, and just praying for them. You will be able to learn from others actions, and words if they are believers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate you posts :) can't you however know the spirit that resides in someone? He was not acting of the spirit and was speaking of prayer and condemning it, and with the spiritual gift of discernment cant It be known? what else is this gift for if not to reveal a spirit that speaks against him and his people? this is such a confusing thing to me and i cant find much about it

Upvote 0

ChristianEMT

Feb 9, 2011
Eastern United States
✟7,755.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I have been given the spirit of discernment, and its not confusing whatsoever. You would not be given a gift in which causes you to be confused. I must say even with the spirit of discernment, people are easy to be deceiving, so if you are not known to the person, except from what they post, how can you discern their spirit, if not by what they post. He posted things that were not of the spirit, mocking God, that alone tells me he is not of the spirit. That is why I mentioned to you that you will know them, but their words or actions. It feels a lot different than when you are around someone in person and can discern their spirit. Pray and ask God for wisdom about your gift, ask that He takes away your confusion. He will give you wisdom and knowledge. If you want to talk about discernment, you can PM me if you'd like, I've dealt with it for 10 years now, and may be able to help you with some of the confusion you are having. Have a good evening. Prayers and best wishes. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every time a disaster happens there will be those who turn to God and those who will turn against Him in anger. But many times those that turn from Him in anger are the ones that you can reach in a deeper way one day. Jesus is a stumbling block to many and the bible says that to the gentiles He will be looked at as foolishness. That is to there own destruction though and we can only pray that God will take the hardness out of their heart to see the love that He has for them that He showed on the cross. They don't believe in prayer because they cannot understand it, they cannot believe in God because they are evil, and the evil that they throw at God's feet in anger is evil that is in their own hearts which they refuse to relinquish. Also remember what the bible says: "a soft answer turns away wrath". Don't argue with the ignorant and foolish over the truth in Christ, there are times when we must turn and walk away or turn off the computer in you case.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Flish,

Unfortunatly you walked right into those comments, though unfounded they were extremely easy comments to make at you. You responded to someone who obviously was not a christian and who was willing to post his vices with christianity for the world to see... you disagreed with him and all of his unchristian friends had a very easy oppurtunity to harrass you with various mean meaningless unfounded comments like they did and ultamitly just said you were stupid and then they kicked you out of the group.

Do not worry about it, it seems you were a bit naive and were not ready for the bitter onslaught of pure meaness (that's really all it was)
what can you do?

You can know that they are idiots and move on with your life. That's is all you can do.

Next time you step out there on a very public channel and challenge someone who said something like that on an issue as huge as religion have your ducks in a row, know he is more than willing to fight with you about it, know what and why your saying it and stick to your strong points, why you know your right, and don't feel bad just cus someone else thinks you should. Weather the unending stupid comments and simply continue to prove your point :) will you change them? No...almost certainly not. But you can rest assured that their dumb...and that your right :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 3, 2011
✟7,791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So i really didnt know where to post this, but i wanted people to see the conversation I had. Unfortunately it was on facebook and was deleted after I made my final point..

I got on facebook to see what people were saying about the earthquake, cause the fact that all US troops were accounted for in Japan makes me feel like God had a part in it. What I saw was a guy saying that he hoped people had intended to do more that "pray" (he put quotes) because it wouldnt help anything. He also said that its nice to have thoughts about caring for other people, but that these thoughts wouldnt save anyone.

Jesus used the label "swine" to refer to these kinds of people for a good reason. What do you expect from the dead? Let them go bury their own.

We pray for and help the living.

I couldnt let this be unchallenged! 3 people had already liked it! so i posted a comment saying "what would you have me do? what are you doing to help? why would you critisize those for praying when they can do no more, and what are you doing to help?"

within 5 min 5 different people posted this like, why are you friends with this dumbass? and god isnt real moron.

Mocking God is a sign of a lost person. Just realize that these kinds of people are as common as dog doo in a kennel.

But also, these people, Jesus prayed for as well.

. . . and they said that i cant assume that he wasnt intending to do something about it. and then he posted that he wasnt talkinga bout me and that people should get up off their asses and do something rather than "pray". the last sentence was, "idiot."

Pray and then get up and do something. Like all those hospitals built by Christians are doing for even the kooks that mock the Christians that BUILT THE HOSPITALS!!!

So i responded "wow, you dont take criticism nearly as well as you give it"

You hold a mirror up to a mocking anti-god person and they writh in agony. Of course.

then someone posted, "reading comprehension isnt a strong suit is it?" and I dont understand what he means, and I feel he said it to make me look stupid so i called them out.

This comes from the same people that think rocks and mud can become Beethoven. Who are really the idiots?

I posted, "your words do nothing but kill and you will recieve what you give" and the only response was "not necessary" and 2 min later the entire status post and comments were deleted and I was unfriended.

"Unreasoning beasts" is how Peter put it right? You know he got mocked.

I took the ridicule so that people would see the fruits that they bare, but it is gone now and no one will know

Serioulsy, go buy some fake pearls and throw them in a hogs pen.

Now realize they (the mocking goofs) literally know not what they do. Or why.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus had His moments of outwitting people, but He also taught that we need to turn the other cheek and go the second mile. Not playing in to their abuse is what He said would heap hot coals... their own embarrassment of themselves.

People who read the conversations are not missing the abrasive arrogance -- they can see through it. You don't need to resist very hard to make an impact. What you said was a decent challenge, and not anything that would harm them.

But think about inner strength: if you come across as not needing to get their approval, as though you have a treasure within you, then you don't need to criticize them. You just rise above that and find a way they might learn what power prayer has.

We are not wrestling against flesh and blood. Treat people as though they are already on the path toward God, and disciple them thoughtfully. Don't make them your enemies.

There is some truth to what they were saying. I know many Christians who give up work time to respond to global emergencies; but I also run into a lot of believers who are too busy to put their faith into action.

Sometimes we don't even know we are as passive as we are. It's like putting on a few pounds after Christmas cookie season...we think of ourselves a certain way, and don't notice when we are not living what we believe.

Upvote 0

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do know this person, and I used to be just like him. I used to say much worse things about believers and I would never view a "strong" christian who doesnt need approval as anything other than someone who cant defend their own faith. Therefore to the mocker, being strong is refusal to discuss. So I cant use that tactic to stop their words (this is what my intent was)

I wasnt trying to get them to see it my way, and they definately have a point, but when i was converted (no one around, no prior knowledge of bible, no internet, just 6 hours of gnashing my teeth because I wouldnt be so evil if I had proof of jesus) I was so excited to enter the church of christ and be apart of good rather than evil. I constantly repent and have been baptised in my youth and pray for hours on end, because the hope of finding the church that truely worships christ and follows him like I do is lost..

I have never fit in to anything, or ever had a place for me. I thought I finally had one, and I am still on the path to becoming a pastor, but I have to fight for my faith which is all that I have left. (I lost all my friends and family and gave everything I had away to homeless and now live 1000 miles away from where I was because the people I knew wouldnt stop attacking me and turning my name to a joke) because of my excessive assault on christians before converted, I know how to silence them and it cant use scripture or facts, because they dont care bout why or what you believe and they are usually a lot more knowledgable.

There are those who can be lead to christ, and those who cannot. Is it wrong to want those people like this guy to be silenced? I know we should pray for them, but can't my enemies be defeated like in the OT? I have no place, no people, no friends, and no wealth because I am simply different, throw in belief in christ and that alienates me even more. I have been mocked all my life so im used to it, but God can deliver me from my enemies right? do I too (as the rest of believer seem to) have to pray that they're hearts be softened when the other believers themselves wont take me in? Will they not take me in cause I am truely evil and cant be redeemed?

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are those who can be lead to christ, and those who cannot. Is it wrong to want those people like this guy to be silenced? I know we should pray for them, but can't my enemies be defeated like in the OT? I have no place, no people, no friends, and no wealth because I am simply different, throw in belief in christ and that alienates me even more. I have been mocked all my life so im used to it, but God can deliver me from my enemies right? do I too (as the rest of believer seem to) have to pray that they're hearts be softened when the other believers themselves wont take me in? Will they not take me in cause I am truely evil and cant be redeemed?

Those who mock and resist God will exist until Jesus returns. You need to accept that.

I wonder if you aren't coming across as too intense, too otherworldly, for many people to feel comfortable with. Jesus had his critics and enemies, but John also described Him as ...full of truth and grace... He drew people, the common people heard him gladly. Maybe some aspects of your life would benefit from further development?

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very spiritually active, and read the bible and pray more than people are comfortable with sometimes, and I do fast when I pray (at least once a week i accidently pray for like 6 hours..) , so I am like the embarassing cousin in the family of the church. I am not willing to change these things I do either, so I have become celibate cause I dont have time to devote to love. I am obviously mocked when I take on people like this guy, but every day there are a few people who make fun of me when i dont provoke them.. and when I go to church, the pastors usually like to see me come in cause I'm only 21 and the highschool kids in town tend to go to the churches that I occationally show up to. But everyone else in the congregations see me, and I DONT have nice clothes to wear and I end up sitting alone in the front, and a few of them literally glare at me! I dont have money to give the church, and I dont have much time for social events cause im always working or at class. I just cant get in without most of them shunning me and some glaring..

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was so excited to enter the church of christ and be apart of good rather than evil.
What a good way to describe it.
I just cant get in without most of them shunning me and some glaring..
There are some strange spiritual and social concepts about perceptions, that don't quite make sense, but often work.
I think we sometimes carry a darkness with us when we don't realize it. This can come from fear of rejection, or anger at past reactions, exhaustion at trying, assuming people won't like us, and many other things. (I'm not naming these to imply you do this.)

Then these dark clouds make us assume things that aren't necessarily true, and set up walls where people don't find an easy "in" to start conversations, and the separation widens.

Try a few weeks of shaking hands as though you were the official greeter, instead of the visitor. Take on the responsibility like it is a job.

You will probably find that there are many people in church feeling the same way, waiting for someone else to talk with them.

Also, people don't talk about forgiveness much these days... maybe your church does. But when we forget that repeated forgiveness of others is important, we pile up a lot of resentments and start looking tense and critical on the outside. Or we get jumpy. Spend a few minutes cleansing yourself of this abrasive internet life. We throw ourselves into so many places that we know will be overly critical. Comedians, forums, certain groups of friends.

It becomes our reality. We can create better realities.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Flish,

If your concerned with being able to defend yourself to people that isn't hard to accomplish.

You can't simply silence the guy, that's not possible and it's not even right. That person has the right to think that people who pray are silly and that prayer is a waste of time and that real people need to get to real work... he has every right to believe that and say it. So you can't and you shouldn't be able to silence him.

I am sorry that you have so little unloving support at the moment.

Upvote 0