Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
As many of you are aware, over a year ago we had something called "Amnesty Day" where all warnings and general bannings to that point were reversed.

At that time, staff was using a rather manual process to issue the new warnings (unofficial and official) and those warnings were kept track of by manually adding information to a thread staff had access to.

About mid-August, Erwin created a new warning system that is in place still today which is much more automated and provides an easier way to keep track of not just warnings but also Requests for Edits (RFEs) and Staff Edit Notifications (SENs).

What seems to have happened with the new system is that it kind of over-rode (or something) the old system so that the old warnings were not being removed as they were supposed to be by the system itself a year after they were issued.

So...over the weekend I went through our old records to make note of which warnings have expired and when others will expire.

As of this Announcement, all warnings (unofficial or official) that were issued on May 11, 2004 or earlier have been expired.

I am doing this process manually, so please be patient. :)

Each day I will be going through and removing warnings that expire on that day.

If you have any questions regarding your own warnings on the old system, please contact me via PM.

AngelAmidala
Senator

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Matrona said:
I've got a couple questions:

1: Ever going to have another amnesty day? :pray: :crosseo: :pray: :crosseo: :pray:

I am not sure on that. I wasn't actually the one who suggested the last one. I just did all the legwork. :D

2: Are warnings issued after the move to the new system, going to disappear like they are supposed to?

I don't know since the new system didn't start until mid-August. My impression is that yes, they would automatically expire after a year. But I will keep my eye on it.

3: Not a question, but another amnesty day would be FABOO :thumbsup:

Your request and support is dually noted. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Erwin said:
Grizzly... what on earth are you doing in that photo of yours???

Goofing off! I was in my backyard grilling for my family and friend when my wife asked me where the beach was. That's my cue to start the fake "body builder" poses. But that's a lighter for the grill in my hand and the grill is behind me. I had also just gotten out of the pool....

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Grizzly said:
Goofing off! I was in my backyard grilling for my family and friend when my wife asked me where the beach was. That's my cue to start the fake "body builder" poses. But that's a lighter for the grill in my hand and the grill is behind me. I had also just gotten out of the pool....
I hadn't noticed that picture until I saw Erwin's post. ROTFL, very good, Grizzly! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is there a bug in the automated warning expiration code? I have one that pre-dates the automated system that hasn't been expunged yet, and one that post-dates the automated system that expired a few days ago, but is still showing up on my warnings list.

I PMed AA about this a week or so ago, but didn't get a reply. I can understand if she was to busy to get to the manual reset, but I'm concerned about the automated system failing to expunge my post implimentation warning from my list.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
USincognito said:
Is there a bug in the automated warning expiration code? I have one that pre-dates the automated system that hasn't been expunged yet, and one that post-dates the automated system that expired a few days ago, but is still showing up on my warnings list.

I PMed AA about this a week or so ago, but didn't get a reply. I can understand if she was to busy to get to the manual reset, but I'm concerned about the automated system failing to expunge my post implimentation warning from my list.
Are warnings deleted from the list when they expire, or do they remain visible, but with the points not counting?

Upvote 0