Wanting to Retire and move out of Florida

Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I would direct your attention to Jeremiah 31st chapter. You have been misinformed.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

-Galatians 3:28

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

-John 3:18

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

-John 14:6

18 Now in the morning, when He was returning to the city, He became hungry. 19 Seeing a lone fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it except leaves only; and He said to it, "No longer shall there ever be any fruit from you." And at once the fig tree withered.

-Matthew 21:18-19

9 And He began to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard and rented it out to vine-growers, and went on a journey for a long time. 10 At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers, so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 11 And he proceeded to send another slave; and they beat him also and treated him shamefully and sent him away empty-handed. 12 And he proceeded to send a third; and this one also they wounded and cast out. 13 The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.' 14 But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, 'This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.' 15 So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them?

16 He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others." When they heard it, they said, "May it never be!"

17 But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:'The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone'? 18 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust." 19 The scribes and the chief priests tried to lay hands on Him that very hour, and they feared the people; for they understood that He spoke this parable against them.

-Luke 20:9-19

Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen.

-Acts 28:28

27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved,

-Romans 9:27

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Not that I'm trying to boast at all, well, actually I am; but my home city of Melbourne Australia just received the award for the third time in recent years for being the most livable city in the world - who would have thought!

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I looked at a web site several years ago about immigrating to Australia. For one, they want you to be under forty (or something like that) so for me, that ship has sailed. :)

The other thing, is they want people to NOT come and live in the major metropolitan areas. I guess they want to feed us to the crocs in the Outback?

So, I'm not sure how big your town of "Melbourne" is down there, but if it's of any size I imagine it's off limits to immigrants... :D

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What a change in direction this thread took. And I was actually interested in discovering what replies were given to the initial post. Why don't folks start their own threads when they feel more like tossing out the thread's intent?

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I feel the same way, hopeinGod!

To the OP - I really recommend Costa Rica. My husband and I have lived in Honduras, in the mountainous part, for over five years, and the climate is wonderful. If you spend at least 335 days outside the US, have residency, and live a frugal lifestyle, you can opt out of Obamare. Big plus. As for shipping things down, we did not ship very many things. We have been able to buy pretty much everything we need down here. And housing is far cheaper than the US. Costa Rica is more politically stable than Honduras, and a lot more people speak English. Hmmm, as for speaking English - it's the main language of Belize. Maybe you should check out Belize too.

We've been off-grid since shortly after we came down here - it's nice. Though we do have a VOIP line - a USA telephone number that rings here.

blessings
tal

Upvote 0