• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

want to quit pron and masturbation

seaking2

Mar 14, 2012
✟603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 22 and been doing it a while now, always felt guilty, made some attempts to quit but its been hard, but I want to quit for God and my girl. First I thought not doing it ever again would be impossible, but with Jesus everything is possbile
Any tips? I can go a week or so but then its freaking makes me a monster and I hate it.

And sucks cause sex is everywhere, TV movies everywhere and I try to avoid but its everywhere so I need to get stronger inside to fight the outside

BTW I saw the men's pron addiction forum but it's not working for me which is why I'm here

Please help me do this for God he does so much for me

Most love stories begin with a kiss, ours began before we even met

seaking2

Mar 14, 2012
✟603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just got off a eating binge, this is killing me the guilt and my weakness to my flesh

Someone help me! !!!

No this is not me, I am not a body with a soul, I am a soul with a body, this is not me

God said through his son we can do anything, and that means anything!!!

This is not me, lord reign on me and give me the strength to overcome my flesh and bring out your presence within me

Please

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, I see that you're struggling with this issue a lot. Firstly, God is stronger than your sin. You can do it with GOD's help. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Secondly, if you are a believer in Christ then you are forgiven, no longer condemned by God. Read this chapter and trust that God sees the bigger picture. Romans 8 Don't go on YOUR feelings, trust GOD.

Thirdly, if you know what triggers your sin then do everything to get rid of those triggers or keep those triggers under control. You can't live outside of the world after all. Read this chapter now. Proverbs 7 -Think about who/what is the "adulterous woman" in your life and kick "her" out. If blocking certain websites is part of the battle then do that. Make it a lot harder to access any material or TV shows that lead you into sin.

P.S. Did you know that your struggle is part of the reason that marriage is recommended for many people? You are in the age group in which strong sexual desires is very normal after all. 1 Corinthians 7

Just remembered this website for you as well. Breaking habits, addictions compulsive behavior, temptation and demonic powers: Spiritual warfare

From a website with lots of material for struggling christians. A search index of inspirational biblical teaching, help and encouragement for born again Christians: Theologically sound spiritual resources exalting the Lord Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What you're going through is a spiritual battle, not just a problem that strong self-control will overcome. Knowing what to do is one thing, actually defeating it with God's help is quite another. :hug:

Go to God every time you struggle.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones. (Proverbs 3:5-8)

Flesh doesn't just refer to the physical body you know. Flesh is the old man, the person you were before you were saved. You will always have to battle with the flesh in one way or the other. You have the Holy Spirit to defeat this part of you now. :hug:

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Joey,

I don't know if the book Every Man's Battle would be helpful for you. It talks about the issues you are facing. It also gives tips and advice. I don't mean to throw a book at you, but my husband and I found it helpful:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=1578563682

Here is Fred Stoeker's website, you'll find a list of resources on the top, right hand side, including a blog and resources:
FredStoeker.com | Official Site For Author Fred Stoeker And Living True Ministries

Also, I believe with the Men's Addiction's site, you have to ask a moderator for access, otherwise it's locked. They have it locked to make sure women don't get into the men's forums, and vice versa. :)

Here is the link, just post that you want access to it. http://www.christianforums.com/t7393465/

Good luck!
LovedSparrow

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,798.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I stuggled with this for such a long time but I was trying to stop on my own strenght.When I finally gave up fighting it on my own,I asked the Lord to help me and told him that I could do nothing without him. I then relied on the Lords strength instead of mine.I must say,though that I used to fail because I was secretly making excuses for myself and I didn't really want to give it up completely.As soon as I finally gave it up,I cut up my inappropriate content DVDs and deleted all my pictures on the computer.
The relief is fantastic.I was a slave to the sin and the addiction is gone (that is part of the slavery) I also felt I was betraying my wife and even having fantasies about imaginary women (who I told myself were ok because they were not real people)I don't have them now either.I have slipped up once but I repented straight away and like other things like bad language, have not stayed part of the real me now.I also live by The Lord Jesus Christ's righteousness instead of my own.That is essential!
I hope this helps.I shall pray for you right now.

Upvote 0

Brandon1045

Marine
Jun 28, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seaking2,

As men, this is probably the toughest challenge in our lives to remove. I have been facing this challenge for along time. I have realized though that you need to day by day.. focus on each battle and don't think about how many days you've gone without it or whatever. You need to clean up your mind, and that starts by bouncing your eyes away from sexual images or women. Choosing your battles such as: Not watching movies that have sexual images or undertones in them, not talking about sex with the guys, reading the Bible, turning that sexual energy into running or other exercise, have a fun hobby, and prayer for sure!

Baby steps man.. Every time you are tempted, you need to go take a walk or turn on some christian music. I would also recommend a lot of prayer when you are tempted.. I am working on applying these and I can tell it works.. but it takes time.

I hope this helps :D

Upvote 0

marcus900424

Jul 18, 2012
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian
I also have (had?-) problems about 8 years, but I'm waiting for the day I'll get so changed in peace I wont think of it again.

I think you should start something spiritual. Try reach out to peace, maybe play a native indian flute. There is very much peace available in flutes, if you get that airy crispy sound, trust me^^

Upvote 0