Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually, it didn't say "white is not right." It said "whites are not right," which is kind of an interesting clue and a good example of how the quotes in the OP's article aren't (or at least can't be trusted to be) direct quotes.

The only source the OP's article mentions is "Town newspaper‘s Christopher Rufo" and some documents that were leaked to him. I don't know what "Town newspaper" is, but a quick google search of that phrase turns up the bio of this guy at City Journal, whose most recent article seems to be the one in question: Walmart's Critical Race Theory Training Program | City Journal

Lo and behold, the OP's article appears to be nothing more than a low-quality rewrite of that. But the Rufo piece doesn't include the phrase "whites are not right." Amusingly, in misquoting the misquote, you (and the OP in his thread title) inadvertently corrected GWN's error and accurately quoted the Rufo piece.

Um, and so?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, in a case like this where details matter, it's important to get them right.

Oh? Distinction without a difference is important?
It's not an accurate quote either way.
Which was my poin- the not, never, whatever
was simply made up, what gwb might call a false
misrepresentation.
Recall ye parable of forest n trees.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Government, Education (so called), and Business becoming one hive mind, preaching the same warped message du jour.

It really does have dogmatic reasoning. Good white allies don't think critically, offer opinions, or commit the worst of all sins....disagree with a non-white person on anything related to race. White allies aren't there to be valued for their minds or even their actions really.

It seems pretty degrading if you think about it and I used to wonder why anyone would want to be an "ally" in the new liberal "cult."

It appears that most people call themselves ally as a result of shaming and blaming them....and threats of being removed from the cult.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that the media is representing this situation in a false manner? When did they start doing that?:scratch:
Depends on which media you're referring to. Those that talk the most about Fake News are the most guilty ...

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It really does have dogmatic reasoning. Good white allies don't think critically, offer opinions, or commit the worst of all sins....disagree with a non-white person on anything related to race. White allies aren't there to be valued for their minds or even their actions really.

It seems pretty degrading if you think about it and I used to wonder why anyone would want to be an "ally" in the new liberal "cult."

It appears that most people call themselves ally as a result of shaming and blaming them....and threats of being removed from the cult.

Sure is a lot of that racial stereotyping going on there.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's no such thing as cultural/ racial Marxism.

Sure there is....Marxist theory is traditionally based on class divisions, but it can be applied to racial or cultural divisions.

Karl Marx was an idealist.

IMO, idealism is risky, and the more people figure
they have the final Truth, the more dangerous.

People have used democratic, racial, religious and
other ideals to work great evil, sometimes intentionally,
other times with good intentions.

To say Marxism is inherently evil is ridiculous.

Why did you specify " yellow"?

I tend to agree...I don't think anything is inherently evil or good. I can see why people believe that Marxism is inherently evil though. Every time communism has been tried...it's an atrocity. Even if it was capable of succeeding....it would require an almost total loss of liberty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"The program suggests that white people are guilty of “white privilege” and “internalized racial superiority,” the belief that “one’s comfort, wealth, privilege and success has been earned by merits and hard work” rather than through the benefits of systemic racism."
Walmart CRT Training Encourages Employees to Accept That ‘White Is Not Right’

I could see this backfiring against Walmart since the employees are being trained to not work hard while employed by Walmart. Cuz that'd be racist.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sure is a lot of that racial stereotyping going on there.

Not really....I've seen multiple articles about "how to be a good ally". I think I'm describing the term pretty accurately.

"Whitesplaining" is a racist term the left came up with a few years ago to describe a white person who disagrees with a non-white person on racial issues and is willing to explain why. There's also the term "white fragility" that gets used to describe these uppity whites who just won't agree that they're immoral racists.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure there is....Marxist theory is traditionally based on class divisions, but it can be applied to racial or cultural divisions.

I tend to agree...I don't think anything is inherently evil or good. I can see why people believe that Marxism is inherently evil though. Every time communism has been tried...it's an atrocity. Even if it was capable of succeeding....it would require an almost total loss of liberty.

Then say "class" which of course in Marx's day was far more
spark than now.
Don't use conspiracy theory terms if you ont mean
it or want to be taken seriously. Here is no cultural
or racial Marxism. Accept your mistake, learn from it,
and move on.

Class. That was what arxism is about. Oppressed working class ( non existent in America now) V the fat cat capitalists. Not race and culture!

Did you not say Marxism is evil? Good yiu see it is not.

As for it being tried? It's never been tried.

The free market capitalism that the USA so fervently
exports isn't so hot either.

Neither free market capitalism and democracy or Marxism
come anywhere near to their ideals.

Don't blame the ideas for the actions of people who
cannot act in good faith.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not really....I've seen multiple articles about "how to be a good ally". I think I'm describing the term pretty accurately.

"Whitesplaining" is a racist term the left came up with a few years ago to describe a white person who disagrees with a non-white person on racial issues and is willing to explain why. There's also the term "white fragility" that gets used to describe these uppity whites who just won't agree that they're immoral racists.

Looked like some real broad brush strokes, all of which was
racial stereotyping, to which you added more.

So it seemed to me.

But then I'm not white.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"The program suggests that white people are guilty of “white privilege” and “internalized racial superiority,” the belief that “one’s comfort, wealth, privilege and success has been earned by merits and hard work” rather than through the benefits of systemic racism."
Walmart CRT Training Encourages Employees to Accept That ‘White Is Not Right’

I could see this backfiring against Walmart since the employees are being trained to not work hard while employed by Walmart. Cuz that'd be racist.

Lol right?

Denying me a three hour lunch break is white supremacistic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you're of a minority race in America, and you are at a disadvantage for it, nobody should have the right to take away the freedom to study why that would be the case.

I don't know if that's correct, but if it is, I'd say it has a lot in common with wage slavery, debt slavery, and racially-oriented slavery. Leave it to Walmart to show us why taking the study of racial disparities and turning it around can be a good thing, for Walmart.

I don't think creating a hostile work environment by blaming everything on white people is good for anyone....white, black, or Walmart.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Looked like some real broad brush strokes, all of which was
racial stereotyping, to which you added more.

What stereotyping did I do?

I was just describing the concept of "white allyship" as I've seen it described by the people who use the term.

I brought it up in reference to another poster's comment about the religious nature of present day left wing political ideology. I think the religion comparison exists because the reasoning is increasingly dogmatic the longer the left embraces identity politics.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What stereotyping did I do?

I was just describing the concept of "white allyship" as I've seen it described by the people who use the term.

I brought it up in reference to another poster's comment about the religious nature of present day left wing political ideology. I think the religion comparison exists because the reasoning is increasingly dogmatic the longer the left embraces identity politics.

Didn't say you were the author, just that the statements are stereotyping.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So if I were to draw attention to Tulsa's race massacre, this is "reframing"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Look, I'm not the one saying that employees in walmart need to be subjected to this stuff. In all likelihood they are far removed from it. Walmart is apparently the culprit, if it's happening at all.

You understand that Walmart isn't giving racial history lessons, right?

The left wing media had tried to paint parental opposition to CRT as something that had to do with "accurate portrayals of history"....but that was just misinformation.

CRT is a racial worldview that assumes the US is a racist nation, white people are immoral racist oppressors, and non-white people are moral and oppressed by whites and US society through "systems" and "structures" and "biases".

It pretends to be a "analytical framework" or "lens" for analyzing racism in the US....but that's not really true, and I'm pretty sure I can prove it.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You understand that Walmart isn't giving racial history lessons, right?

The left wing media had tried to paint parental opposition to CRT as something that had to do with "accurate portrayals of history"....but that was just misinformation.

CRT is a racial worldview that assumes the US is a racist nation, white people are immoral racist oppressors, and non-white people are moral and oppressed by whites and US society through "systems" and "structures" and "biases".

It pretends to be a "analytical framework" or "lens" for analyzing racism in the US....but that's not really true, and I'm pretty sure I can prove it.
go ahead

Upvote 0