• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Walking for fitness

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by shortangel, Apr 28, 2020.

1. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    does anybody walk for fitness? even if it's 30 mintiutes or 10 mintutes do you like hikeing or walking around your neighborhood? do you walk on the beach? wherever you like to to walk please share what your fitness goals are, mine are 1 mile 2 walks a day

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I like to walk uphill so it's a little more difficult. Of course, that means on the way back I'll be going downhill. I live near the foothills so this is easy for me to do.

3. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,358
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    used to walk/ hike a lot....esp. on vacations & summers

also, husband & I walked everyday for an hour after work no. of years ago (during summer)

lost 20 lbs just from that walking but it was also in 90 degree weather so sweated some of that wt off, lol

4. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+3,788
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    The title of this thread is small on my phone, and I thought it said, "Waiting for fitness." ^_^ I was pretty excited because that's the workout I've been looking for. Alas...

I do walk if it's not raining. I walk two miles, which is about twenty times around the circle drive. I live in a fairly rural area so it's still a nice walk.

5. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,682
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I used to take hour long walks. But I took up cycling in its place. I get a better workout in less time. Plus cycling is very communal. There are groups around the world that arrange rides and events. That was a definite plus.

~Bella

6. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    thank you for the responses so far, I've been doing my 2 walks a day, that's wonderful that you like to walk uphill,

7. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    so this week I'm still doing my 2 walks everyday? does anyone like hikeing? I've never been, in fact my dad wants to go to Yellowstone National Park to walk, has anybody been hikeing up there? what has been your experience with walking & hikeing there???

8. messianist

messianist Well-Known Member Supporter

+682
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I used to go hiking with a brother for fellowship up and over the mountains, it was always, enjoyable day

9. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    that is great to hear :) I've still been doing my 2 walks a day

10. messianist

+682
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    That's good we are still only allowed 1 walk a day, keep it up.

11. Mak33y

Mak33y Soar Like An Eagle

+51
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I walk for 1-2 hours

12. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    :) well I have still been doing my 2 walks a day :)

13. messianist

+682
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    That's good going keep it up :)

14. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,919
    Atheist
    Single
    It has been a lifetime since I was in Yellowstone.

It gas far more than geysers and hot pools. When in those areas stay on hte designated paths. Every year someone does not and pays a price, often the ultimate price.

Be aware it was the first National Park because of the wildlife and general outdoors stuff. Do see that. Listen to the rangers. Wild animals are not house pets. People forget that every year and pay the price.

There at least used to be excellent fishing. Low limits, but one would throw back fish as too small (sometimes because of regulations on size) that would be the biggest fish of the day elsewhere.

15. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    wowwww thank you for telling me that :) that's a good thing to know about Yellowstone