Walking away, I don't see God's love or favor.

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ralf concerning your unheard prayers, may we discuss it? I have something special for you and i'm sorry for my first reply if it had a bit of a tough tone, i didn't mean that, but please can you tell me whether you are interested or not? I will give you a "method" for praying that will surely help you, i'm sorry again..

I am interested too - do tell me this method as well. :)

Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Maybe you are missing something you used to indulge in that you stopped doing when you came to Christ and are trying to justify returning to it. I might be projecting but you seem to be saying very similar things to the way I think when planning a relapse to ________________ (the self-destructive thing I am addicted to). Whatever you decide, try and keep the communication with God open. He meets us where we are at.
No, I don't want that life anymore despite my anger I did grow up I see the value in one person and I don't want that life as before. I lost friend and people think I change and I have as I mentioned before I am grateful but it's hard and I see the people who have hurt me moving on and doing better while I have choose to be the best righteous that my soul can be really cause heartache. And disappointment.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello, I have been posting here at the forums for about two weeks. If this is in the wrong section please move, at this point it doesn't really matter if it gets close or not.
I have been struggling with my faith for a while now actually I have always been rebellious about it I always question it. Today I googled "walking away from god". As I read people's replies I was just in different, like saying I already knew this o just felt stupid for holding on this long, I mean what was I expecting a "miracle". As I read people, had got to the point of breaking down, when you lost so much that now all you have to lose is hope. One post from an atheist said, prayer was pointless how many people have not prayed for decades to rid us of cancer yet nothing happens, going through my memory bank the purpose of group prayers and mega prayers are to gather strength yet, god remains absent. Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here. Then I hear well he gives you the breath of life, food, ect. That's just such a cop-out answer for those who just don't know what else to say because the very core of their beliefs are shaken. The Bible said ask in my name and the father with answer, again the answer that I hear are "yes" "no" "not yet". Then that we have free will but then that contradict that God has our lives predestined he knows everything then that's not free will. Yet reading how the Earth is not his kingdom but heaven is yet he uses Earth as his footstool, because he created the heavens and the earth. I'm just tire I have been looking for good I have been knocking but no he didn't answer. And as I sit and think of all the injustice. And silence from god maybe god just is not there but all this is a form to keep us in place. There's no actual accounts for a burning bush and a storm with the voice of God. It's all based on I have to believe that. The story of the prodigal son returning I mentioned before I came home but didn't get greeted with a fattened cow/or Goat. No I got silence and problems and the more I pray just seemed worse. I since then change my prayer, molding it to my circumstances saying well that didn't happen let me change it to that maybe that's what he meant. But that's not what I felt prayers needed to be. Ask boldly tell your father. See as a father my self I listen to my kids, I talk to my kids. I don't have special powers to create the universe. But I have special powers to be direct to not shroud the communication with antics of mystery and signs and mysticism. Your God, why are you hiding. Don't say ask and then not answer. your sheep recognize your voice ??? God I have been trying to reach you to be righteous. Again I say where's my burning bush where is my banquet. Understand the son you said you never did this for me ? Then the father pretty much said everything I own is yours but when he needed his father where was he. Prayer after prayer my situation has not changed during all my times of need when I asked it was always "no". anyways I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Not WOF but offering help to someone in trouble.

There is no problem in walking away from inadequate representations of God, and I am pretty sure that is what is happening in your post.

You can't actually walk away from God himself; that can't be done. But beware; he is not an ATM; we don't get to tell him what to do. Try it the other way round and see what happens. The Lord's Prayer gives us the answer; 'Thy will be done' is a prayer that is always honoured.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
No, I don't want that life anymore despite my anger I did grow up I see the value in one person and I don't want that life as before. I lost friend and people think I change and I have as I mentioned before I am grateful but it's hard and I see the people who have hurt me moving on and doing better while I have choose to be the best righteous that my soul can be really cause heartache. And disappointment.

If you have lost a friend then you will need to take time to think of that loss and to learn what it means for you from now on. This is not the time for theology; this is the time to grieve.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Aleksandros
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After my mother passed from cancer her wish was for me to search him, I have had previous relationship that failed and left me broken so she wanted me to forgive. I want to say this was my start but it was not. Year later I got married and now divorce it was during this time where I changed get I'm grateful for the changes reading Ephesians and Romans has gave me new perspective and I hope to a new relationship but the anger o hold and hate is hurting me. There's so much of it and I have prayed and and sought help bought Christian help books it was during these time where I started my journey with the Lord. And now to just not wanting anything with him but to be released. I have prayed for him to even send me the angel of death, I know it sounds morbid, but I have made my peace. I think my biggest joy will be be to meet him if he even exist to ask him and tell him he was wrong. Or just to drift into nothing. I have my kids but even now I am tire and I starting to resent my journey. Before I meet him in the life of sin I was happy at least temporary though I would feel empty. Following him has brought no reward,the irony is that I don't feel a empty void. But I am tire and I don't know eternity I am here now and suffering now. If he wants me to enoy eternity then take me there now. Why allow me to hate him and suffer.

It sounds like you have been through a lot, man. This is a shame. :(

It would be I think a good idea to tell us some of the details of your Christian walk - what was it like, how did you grow closer to the Lord, what were your experiences, especially spiritually?

You had said you have always doubted, and I think that is where the key to solving everything lay.

I had a friend who left Christianity for this very same reason, at a young age (perhaps 13?) because she had been brought into the faith by her mother, but was doubting a lot. She prayed and stuff, even crying, asking God to show Himself if He exists, and so on. She was very similar to you in that, in her words, she always had doubts.

Can you tell us what you mean when you call yourself rebellious?

If you are comfortable with sharing these details on this post, it would be great, as the dealings of God with humans is often very very much influenced by their behavior. It would help others be able to pinpoint what's going on and what may have gone wrong, etc.

If you are not comfortable with it, that's alright. PM me! :)

The similarity between you and my friend makes me suspect that the unbelief is the thing separating you and Him.

I understand your pain - I myself as a Christian am often confounded by this kind of stuff. I am the type of person to think that if a person genuinely prays, they will always be answered - but it seems like there's an element that's necessary for answers, especially a firm belief in God and His existence.

You have a conscience, friend, and aren't a bad man. Your pain and hurt are understandable - I trust that the Lord will guide you. Hang in there even if your heart doesn't care - just try simply because it's logically the right thing to try a bit more before giving up what may just be a very important thing. When the heart fails, the head must drag it through.

One last thing is, God is often a mystery. Sometimes we just don't know what's going on - He has not given up, trust in that for sure. It's contrary to His very nature.

Even Adoniram Judson, a true and faithful servant, and great missionary, had a period where his wife died and all was dark - He couldn't find God at all. It doesn't seem he knew why God was far from him - this man, who was working hard.

He said, "God is the great unknown to me. I believe in Him, but find Him not."

It will work out, don't give up. You may only find double the emptiness.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
If you have lost a friend then you will need to take time to think of that loss and to learn what it means for you from now on. This is not the time for theology; this is the time to grieve.

I am very sorry for your loss.
I lost friends when I turn to God is what I meant. Because I no longer wanted the life I had they distance themselves.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you love someone, and you ask that person to do something for you yet they don't do it, you keep on asking but they don't react, would that decrease your love for them? Only if your love is conditional love, and conditional love is not love, remember, he died for us at our darkest moments, he died for those people who betrayed him when he was going to the cross and insulted him, he didn't stop his love for them even though they attacked him not only remained silent.

But from God's side, why is he so silent to your prayers? It depends on what you ask, you cannot ask him "Prove your existence", this prayer is the same as saying "Get off the cross", you are hurting his feelings more, and yes he feels! and is much more sensitive than any human being.

My advice to you: When you pray, don't ask what you want, instead ask for his will, thank him for his will, thank him that he filled the empty hole in your heart and gave you inner peace, thank him that he helped you live a "clean" life, and never fear or worry, it is like sailing in a storm and being assured that you will reach safely, currently? No, currently the ship is being fought hard and your brain has an illusion that you will die, but your soul knows that you will be there safe.

What is better than doing what gives rests to your soul? Love others, support them, work hard for your children and help them become successful, your children are your "talents", God gifted you them and you are required to help them cross life safely, they need continuous support from you so never give up, if you live holy and understand that this current life is just a "test" or a "trip" to the real painless life, you won't need to question his love or existence as you will see his hands in everything. Remember Philippians 4:6

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I lost friends when I turn to God is what I meant. Because I no longer wanted the life I had they distance themselves.

Me too! I lost friends when i approached God, even though i still love them and pray for them sometimes, staying with them leads me to sin, so i had to isolate myself from some people and anyway i'm not the possesion of anyone but God.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I am sorry to say that any friend who does not stay with you when you turn to God was not ever a friend.

They may have seemed like it but their friendship was conditional on you being who they wanted you to be; that is not what friends do.

Reactions: Aleksandros
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to try and walk away. Life was a mess. Money problems. Employment problems Nobody liked me. Just one big mess. I even packed up my Bibles and study books and put them away.
He would not let me go. Nagging and looking in at me all the time.
"You ready to come back and get busy?"
I stopped crying a while back.. that does not help.
But He did not let me go. I have not packed my Bibles and study books away for a while. Like 30 years or so. The first 10 years or so was the hardest. The issue was me. Expectations. Blaming Him for things that were not really Him. Once I got rid of the idea that "God was in control of everything" I realized He was not doing these bad things to me. He was trying to save me from them in the form of intervention. That helped a lot. Then I fell in with His plan to deliver me instead of me trying to fight against what I thought He was doing to me. He loves me and is trying to keep me out of the ditch... He is not putting me into it.

Reactions: scottmcc2
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of me just doesn't care anymore I feel done I feel if he gave up then he doesn't deserve my devotion. I know I am wrong I know is like child pouting I'm just tire please understand.
@Ralf624, I don't have know what has caused to you become tired and discouraged, but I do know that Jesus gave His life for you that you might know Him and enjoy a relationship with Him forever. I am praying for God to reveal what the issue is, so this burden can be lifted off your heart.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here. Then I hear well he gives you the breath of life, food, ect. That's just such a cop-out answer for those who just don't know what else to say because the very core of their beliefs are shaken.

My faith has been shaken quite severely.

Hebrews 12:26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believers cannot just "walk away." It just does not happen that way. In my earlier days, I tried to walk away. In retrospect, it was more like a child running away from home wanting someone to come and find them. In the end, you find you are merely running toward Him. All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Even running away will work out to your good. Wherever you flee He will accompany you every step of the way, and when you get to where you are going, you will find Him there waiting for you. He will never leave you or forsake you. Never.
I have gone through whole periods of my life not knowing what He was doing with me. Long periods where I really did not feel His leading or presence. At the end of those times, He was always there, working and fixing issues. But as John said, you just don't walk away from Him.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I have been posting here at the forums for about two weeks. If this is in the wrong section please move, at this point it doesn't really matter if it gets close or not.
I have been struggling with my faith for a while now actually I have always been rebellious about it I always question it. Today I googled "walking away from god". As I read people's replies I was just in different, like saying I already knew this o just felt stupid for holding on this long, I mean what was I expecting a "miracle". As I read people, had got to the point of breaking down, when you lost so much that now all you have to lose is hope. One post from an atheist said, prayer was pointless how many people have not prayed for decades to rid us of cancer yet nothing happens, going through my memory bank the purpose of group prayers and mega prayers are to gather strength yet, god remains absent. Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here. Then I hear well he gives you the breath of life, food, ect. That's just such a cop-out answer for those who just don't know what else to say because the very core of their beliefs are shaken. The Bible said ask in my name and the father with answer, again the answer that I hear are "yes" "no" "not yet". Then that we have free will but then that contradict that God has our lives predestined he knows everything then that's not free will. Yet reading how the Earth is not his kingdom but heaven is yet he uses Earth as his footstool, because he created the heavens and the earth. I'm just tire I have been looking for good I have been knocking but no he didn't answer. And as I sit and think of all the injustice. And silence from god maybe god just is not there but all this is a form to keep us in place. There's no actual accounts for a burning bush and a storm with the voice of God. It's all based on I have to believe that. The story of the prodigal son returning I mentioned before I came home but didn't get greeted with a fattened cow/or Goat. No I got silence and problems and the more I pray just seemed worse. I since then change my prayer, molding it to my circumstances saying well that didn't happen let me change it to that maybe that's what he meant. But that's not what I felt prayers needed to be. Ask boldly tell your father. See as a father my self I listen to my kids, I talk to my kids. I don't have special powers to create the universe. But I have special powers to be direct to not shroud the communication with antics of mystery and signs and mysticism. Your God, why are you hiding. Don't say ask and then not answer. your sheep recognize your voice ??? God I have been trying to reach you to be righteous. Again I say where's my burning bush where is my banquet. Understand the son you said you never did this for me ? Then the father pretty much said everything I own is yours but when he needed his father where was he. Prayer after prayer my situation has not changed during all my times of need when I asked it was always "no". anyways I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
still, you should find some trace of faith for it is the secret of the universe. if you are having trouble with results, go back to your basics and say positive things over and over again which is pretty much the same as praying. you can preserve what you can if you stick with the basics at first if prayer doesn't work. justice is the name of this universe god gave us. karma will go your way as well to preserve what you can in the name of being humble.
it's gonna be okay man...sometimes god wants us to see the struggle in our lives no matter how impossible problems may be. you know god well to come out seeking for help. more so than people going away from chrisitianity in terms of christian sites, he fears the loss of faith and history of you in your soul. keep living dude, greater troubles shall stem from that loss of going back to basics first like i just suggested which are not as good as prayers, but the basics are another tool god gives us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
still, you should find some trace of faith for it is the secret of the universe. if you are having trouble with results, go back to your basics and say positive things over and over again which is pretty much the same as praying. you can preserve what you can if you stick with the basics at first if prayer doesn't work. justice is the name of this universe god gave us. karma will go your way as well to preserve what you can in the name of being humble.
it's gonna be okay man...sometimes god wants us to see the struggle in our lives no matter how impossible problems may be. you know god well to come out seeking for help. more so than people going away from Christianity in terms of Christian sites, he fears the loss of faith and history of you in your soul. keep living dude, greater troubles shall stem from that loss of going back to basics first like I just suggested which are not as good as prayers, but the basics are another tool god gives us.

Thank you Drifter for offering help to someone in trouble. I am sure it is very much appreciated. A few comments though for teaching purposes, and (IMO)... It's actually God's Grace (the person of Jesus Christ) that is the secret to the universe or God's creation. The Faith [in] or Faith [of] God only comes after receiving God's Grace through Faith [Romans 10:17] "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." We use our faith (given to us) to receive God's Grace as His gift to mankind.

The concept of Karma (I believe) originated in the Hindu (India) culture as a core mystical belief in Eastern religion philosophy, including Hinduism/Buddhism. Karma is also wrapped up with the concept of reincarnation or rebirth, in which (they believe) a person is reborn as a new human (or nonhuman) body afterlife. They believe that Christianity is of a lower, demoted level than theirs... which (to them) is the "ultimate" enlightenment of reality. They also believe that Karma holds the universe together. Again, we know and believe Grace does.

As you can see... Karma is not a Christian concept, and as for reincarnation... the Bible rules that out in one verse. (Hebrews 9:27) "And as it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgment.

Again, thanks for your helping but we believe Karma has no place in Christianity.
shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon1_zpsupnxlols.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

EternallyKeptByJesus

Apr 22, 2018
Van Meter
✟27,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

After reading through your postings I am concerned whether you ever received Jesus as your savior. I am not trying to be rude but you are so frustrated and I think the best thing to do is just come out and say it and not dance around the issue.

The fact that you are questioning the existence of God, sounds like you tried Christianity but you never committed to Jesus. In one of your post it even sounded like to me that you have tried to live the Christian life as if that is what being a true christian is.

First we need to address your doubt about the existence of God. I will not pretend to be the best at apologetics. I recommend a book called "Evidence That Demands a Verdict", by Josh McDowell. You need to decide if there is a God or not and if Jesus is God.

Just looking at all the complexities of life, it proves that there is a God. The chance that any of this happened by chance is so extreme that if you really consider it, to believe there is no God takes more faith to believe that there is.

Then there is great evidence that Jesus is the Son of God, beyond just the Bible. Which is where that book would come in.

I say all this because if you want God to answer your prayers, you first need to be His child. And the only way to become His child is through believing in Jesus. Not by living a christian life or doing good. But by believing that you are a sinner, a person that has done bad, and that you need a savior. That is you need someone who is willing to take the punishment for your sins.

The only one who could do this and did do this is Jesus. If you believe that Jesus paid for all your sins and ask him to save you and be your savior you will be saved.

From what I have read, I think what you are missing is a relationship with Jesus. Salvation is not about a set of rules to follow but a relationship with Jesus, in spite of your short comings - sins.

Blessed is the man who the Lord does not count his sins against him. God justifies the ungodly. All who Call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have been struggling with my faith for a while now actually I have always been rebellious about it

So you say you've always been rebellious about it. Why not consider that's probably your problem right there! I read your whole post and it seems you roll out a whole long list of discontent against our loving caring creator.

One post from an atheist said, prayer was pointless how many people have not prayed for decades to rid us of cancer yet nothing happens..."

Who is this atheist? God? Is he everywhere and in everyplace where saints have prayed for people to be healed and he knows that healing hasn't come? Nothing happens? Tell that to people I know who have been healed. Actually I know of one person personally who was raised from the dead.

Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here.
And yet you started your post by saying you've "always" been rebellious about your relationship with God....Your words not mine. Tell me why should God manifest himself to you in any way without your showing him even the slightest humility? Sorry but I suspect the possibility that you're merely a troll on here playing games with Christians OR 2) you need to overall your whole approach in coming to God in the way and manner in which you have. No offense but it seems you've said you've always had a chip on our shoulder and I'd encourage you get rid of it TODAY.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayer after prayer my situation has not changed during all my times of need when I asked it was always "no". anyways I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Hello Friend. My word to you would be to find people worse off than yourself and do something for them. Find God by serving, not by asking to be served. God Bless :)

Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0