Walking away, I don't see God's love or favor.

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hello, I have been posting here at the forums for about two weeks. If this is in the wrong section please move, at this point it doesn't really matter if it gets close or not.
I have been struggling with my faith for a while now actually I have always been rebellious about it I always question it. Today I googled "walking away from god". As I read people's replies I was just in different, like saying I already knew this o just felt stupid for holding on this long, I mean what was I expecting a "miracle". As I read people, had got to the point of breaking down, when you lost so much that now all you have to lose is hope. One post from an atheist said, prayer was pointless how many people have not prayed for decades to rid us of cancer yet nothing happens, going through my memory bank the purpose of group prayers and mega prayers are to gather strength yet, god remains absent. Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here. Then I hear well he gives you the breath of life, food, ect. That's just such a cop-out answer for those who just don't know what else to say because the very core of their beliefs are shaken. The Bible said ask in my name and the father with answer, again the answer that I hear are "yes" "no" "not yet". Then that we have free will but then that contradict that God has our lives predestined he knows everything then that's not free will. Yet reading how the Earth is not his kingdom but heaven is yet he uses Earth as his footstool, because he created the heavens and the earth. I'm just tire I have been looking for good I have been knocking but no he didn't answer. And as I sit and think of all the injustice. And silence from god maybe god just is not there but all this is a form to keep us in place. There's no actual accounts for a burning bush and a storm with the voice of God. It's all based on I have to believe that. The story of the prodigal son returning I mentioned before I came home but didn't get greeted with a fattened cow/or Goat. No I got silence and problems and the more I pray just seemed worse. I since then change my prayer, molding it to my circumstances saying well that didn't happen let me change it to that maybe that's what he meant. But that's not what I felt prayers needed to be. Ask boldly tell your father. See as a father my self I listen to my kids, I talk to my kids. I don't have special powers to create the universe. But I have special powers to be direct to not shroud the communication with antics of mystery and signs and mysticism. Your God, why are you hiding. Don't say ask and then not answer. your sheep recognize your voice ??? God I have been trying to reach you to be righteous. Again I say where's my burning bush where is my banquet. Understand the son you said you never did this for me ? Then the father pretty much said everything I own is yours but when he needed his father where was he. Prayer after prayer my situation has not changed during all my times of need when I asked it was always "no". anyways I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you friend :)

Prayer is huge and i can assure you it has power but building a relationship with God is the important part for prayer.

Prayer is communication with God and there is a method.

Have you given yourself to God?
Do you have faith, love and hope in Jesus?

Faith love and hope together is needed or else it wont work.

You need to have love for God, faith that He hears you and hope he will answer your pray.

You need to make the first effort, ie admit you cant do it without God, humble your self and give your life to God.

Close your eyes, focus your heart to God and blank anything else out. Open your heart to God and invite Him in. Have faith He is listening you and praise Him.

This is the first start and needs to be done regularly. Christianity is not a once commitment but a regular commitment.

Once you know you feel Gods presence (feeling of joy and peace) then you need to stand up with the confidence He gives. Seek His guidance and pull your self out of your problems.

You have to make the effort. Knock and the door shall open. How can anyone open the front door if they dont know your there.

Dont lose confidence, build your self up with Jesus and win with the guidance of The Spirit.

Please let me know if there is more.

God bless you saint :)

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

l_ruth_

Jul 13, 2017
Sydney
✟21,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi friend, I believe God does not ask us to deny our suffering in order to be with Him, but a lot of believers seem to expect this from us, as though that is what He has asked from them. But on the cross, my Lord Jesus said why have You forsaken Me? The way of the cross includes suffering, the pain of loneliness. But because our soul is justified in the Father's eyes, now, because of the Son, His death and resurrection, the Spirit is also promised as comfort in our suffering. I believe we are never asked to deny that we are suffering, but rather cry out to Him so that we can receive His Spirit as comfort in our suffering - and yes, this may take us through the most intense pain of loneliness we have ever yet experienced, but the bible promises if we partake in the cross, then we will also live with Him ... I pray this gives you another perspective, and that it meets you where you are instead of emphasising your troubles

Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
It's been two years now. I don't have faith anymore and the hope that I had left was taken away. I have prayed prayed even before my two year journey, when my life was in turmoil and I didn't know God I recall breaking bdown then and saying Lordfather if your there please help. And nothing as I got older and started to build a relationship though nothing was answer I always felt keep trying little by little I changed my prayers from what I boldly asked to comforming to the circumstances just so that if something did happen I'd say well there's my miracle. As an exaggerated example I prayed for a whole cake nothing then half the a quarter and finally give just a slice I'll be satisfied with that. I'm tire guys I can't even shed tears anymore

Upvote 0

l_ruth_

Jul 13, 2017
Sydney
✟21,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Even if you walk away, God's love never changes towards us. We are justified in the Father's eyes because of Jesus - this will never change. We can step outside of or into this knowledge, but the truth never changes. I have gone away from seeking after knowledge of the Son, and I have wanted to, and I have gone away. But I know that He never changed towards me. The difference before I went away was that I did not understand how His love towards me would never change, and that is what I wanted to know through going away, so that He could show to me He would take me back no matter what my mistakes

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's been two years now. I don't have faith anymore and the hope that I had left was taken away. I have prayed prayed even before my two year journey, when my life was in turmoil and I didn't know God I recall breaking bdown then and saying Lordfather if your there please help. And nothing as I got older and started to build a relationship though nothing was answer I always felt keep trying little by little I changed my prayers from what I boldly asked to comforming to the circumstances just so that if something did happen I'd say well there's my miracle. As an exaggerated example I prayed for a whole cake nothing then half the a quarter and finally give just a slice I'll be satisfied with that. I'm tire guys I can't even shed tears anymore
Sometimes it is difficult to understand that your Faith comes from Him. He doesn't go away. Life can be stressful and is for many of us. The Bible tells us that when we are in despair, trust Him. No matter what is happening, trust. The Holy Spirit lives within each one of us who confess Jesus as Savior, Romans 10:8-13. He never departs.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes it is difficult to understand that your Faith comes from Him. He doesn't go away. Life can be stressful and is for many of us. The Bible tells us that when we are in despair, trust Him. No matter what is happening, trust. The Holy Spirit lives within each one of us who confess Jesus as Savior, Romans 10:8-13. He never departs.
By the way, that is a beautiful avatar. What a precious little one !!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes life absolutely stinks. Sometimes God is silent. Sometimes we endure more than we feel we can handle. Sometimes people hurt us and betray us.

In all of this, in our bleak, long waiting, in dryness and boredom, in our longing for something better, we can look to Christ, and say "yes" to Him. He, too, had an impoverished, painful, difficult life, and had few material things or comforts to console or help Him. He died utterly poor, on a Cross. He is also God.

We can ask for His help, forgiveness, for faith, mercy, and grace. We can say "yes" to the sorrows He allows into our lives, and choose to follow Him within our trials and sadness. It is not easy, but it is a blessed and little road up to Heaven.

I recommend "Come Be My Light", about Teresa of Calcutta to friends, sometimes. It's a good book. Helped me greatly. God bless you. I know life is hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I walked away once myself. When my first church collapsed. It was a horrible betrayal, and everything seemed a lie. I entered a very dark period, but the Lord did not let go of me. I had a vision showing me the peril I was in, and I knew I could do nothing about it. I prepared to die, but it didn't happen. After a time I realized that Jesus was holding onto me even when I couldn't hold onto Him. I had never experienced that kind of love. I came back and resolved never to leave again, no matter what it felt like.

I often feel the way you do. But I catch it and cast it down. I am here, I am alive. Life is such as amazing gift. The thought of being without God is too much for me to take. I made that mistake once, I will not do it again, even when I don't understand.

Think of all the faithful martyrs who have given it all for Christ. It goes on today. And many living saints have made great sacrifices for the Lord. They deemed Him worthy, no matter the cost of things very dear to their hearts.

I don't blame you for how you feel, but I would say that God knows what He's doing. One day He will throw that party, and it will be amazing. But for now, we have to trust He is doing what is best for us. And we have to accept His discipline, which Hebrews 12 tells us is grievous. How could it not be, when He is taking raw material such as (with the accent on "raw") us and forming into His own image?

The promise is to wait on the Lord, and He will renew our strength (Is 40). Please read Hebrews 10-12, and Philippians 3-4.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Me, I have prayed, I have been broken down I have cried supplicated and God is still not here. Again I say where's my burning bush where is my banquet. Prayer after prayer my situation has not changed during all my times of need.

I am praying for you

Jesus Christ loves you more than you can imagine.

Jesus Christ, the only true God, came to us as a human.

Jesus endured the punishment of our rebellion against God our Creator.

Jesus defeated death.

If we stop our rebellion against God and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, we have the gift of eternal life with God our Creator.

Step 1 - Ask Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord

Step 2 - Become a member of a Christian church or Christian community

Step 3 - Read God's love letter that He wrote for you (the Bible)

Step 4 - Continue praying to God until something happens

Step 5 - Keep repeating steps 3 and 4 over and over again, every day
Jesus.jpg
874d101e720b011f2e628b8717f5fb65.gif
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hello there. :)

I can relate to tired and a feeling of too much butter not enough bread.

Without giving away too much can u give some more info. Dont have to be exact but we may need to know what happened that caused you to suffer.

If you dont feel comfortable posting then pm:)

Are you a practising christian?
What is you faith or testimony?

Cheers :)

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Ralf, may you tell me if you cried in your prayers or not? Now if you tell me that i'm silly to cry for such a thing then you still hadn't known God, because if you know God, you will love him and if you love him, you will cry for him.

Anyway YES, faith is supposed to appear ridiculous and silly in the 21th Century as human beings built their own empire and they want God out of it, so what? Will you let them control your decisions? Do you want to appear "good" and sane in front of people but not in front of God? Be aware, they may hurt you powerfully, i was in your place and i was on the edge of Atheism and i know how it feels very well.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2, it is about Atheism, Christ will come back after a hard test of our love to him, show your love not your reasoning, show your heart (soul) as it will live forever not your brain as it will be back to dust one day.

May God show you the path, he loves you, and we do too.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Ralf, may you tell me if you cried in your prayers or not? Now if you tell me that i'm silly to cry for such a thing then you still hadn't known God, because if you know God, you will love him and if you love him, you will cry for him.

Anyway YES, faith is supposed to appear ridiculous and silly in the 21th Century as human beings built their own empire and they want God out of it, so what? Will you let them control your decisions? Do you want to appear "good" and sane in front of people but not in front of God? Be aware, they may hurt you powerfully, i was in your place and i was on the edge of Atheism and i know how it feels very well.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2, it is about Atheism, Christ will come back after a hard test of our love to him, show your love not your reasoning, show your heart (soul) as it will live forever not your brain as it will be back to dust one day.

May God show you the path, he loves you, and we do too.

Ralf concerning your unheard prayers, may we discuss it? I have something special for you and i'm sorry for my first reply if it had a bit of a tough tone, i didn't mean that, but please can you tell me whether you are interested or not? I will give you a "method" for praying that will surely help you, i'm sorry again..

Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
How did you come to Christ, brother?
After my mother passed from cancer her wish was for me to search him, I have had previous relationship that failed and left me broken so she wanted me to forgive. I want to say this was my start but it was not. Year later I got married and now divorce it was during this time where I changed get I'm grateful for the changes reading Ephesians and Romans has gave me new perspective and I hope to a new relationship but the anger o hold and hate is hurting me. There's so much of it and I have prayed and and sought help bought Christian help books it was during these time where I started my journey with the Lord. And now to just not wanting anything with him but to be released. I have prayed for him to even send me the angel of death, I know it sounds morbid, but I have made my peace. I think my biggest joy will be be to meet him if he even exist to ask him and tell him he was wrong. Or just to drift into nothing. I have my kids but even now I am tire and I starting to resent my journey. Before I meet him in the life of sin I was happy at least temporary though I would feel empty. Following him has brought no reward,the irony is that I don't feel a empty void. But I am tire and I don't know eternity I am here now and suffering now. If he wants me to enoy eternity then take me there now. Why allow me to hate him and suffer.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having expectation usually leads to disappointment.

We set a goal and expect to be happy when it is achieved. When I lose 20lbs I will be happy and life will be good. When I get this degree I will be happy and life will be good. When I quit this alcoholism I will be happy...when I go live in an ashram in India I will...

We expect applause. We expect a party. We expect to live happily ever after.

God is there in the valleys and the mountain tops. Maybe you haven't made it to a mountain top yet. Maybe you are really, really close.

The shepherd doesn't give every sheep exactly what they desire when they desire it. It is still better, safer and smarter to follow the shepherd though.

It's not all rainbows and butterflies it's compromise and more.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I meet him in the life of sin I was happy at least temporary though I would feel empty.

Maybe you are missing something you used to indulge in that you stopped doing when you came to Christ and are trying to justify returning to it. I might be projecting but you seem to be saying very similar things to the way I think when planning a relapse to ________________ (the self-destructive thing I am addicted to). Whatever you decide, try and keep the communication with God open. He meets us where we are at.

Upvote 0

Ralf624

Jul 15, 2017
Hawthorne
✟11,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Ralf concerning your unheard prayers, may we discuss it? I have something special for you and i'm sorry for my first reply if it had a bit of a tough tone, i didn't mean that, but please can you tell me whether you are interested or not? I will give you a "method" for praying that will surely help you, i'm sorry again..
I am sorry I was not thinking I would get many replies. I'm not sure what you mean by method of praying. Part of me just doesn't care anymore I feel done I feel if he gave up then he doesn't deserve my devotion. I know I am wrong I know is like child pouting I'm just tire please understand. I am willing though to answer your question. These forums we're a last line of defense. Reading what some of you say is like wow when would you notice me. I mentioned before, there's a man name Bob scorge, and has a testimony about catching a baseball as a sign from god. It must be really nice to catch a baseball some of us can wait for ever and never will.

Upvote 0