Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I'm wondering how many CF ppl out there have been on a Walk to Emmaus. Maybe this thread has been here before, but it doesnt look like anytime recent. Mine was a Chrysalis Flight #2 for college students, and my table was the 6 dead worms.

I was involved for 2 Chrysalis Flights after that and for many years, I have done worship for the 4th Day Movement Epiphany. It's a youth prison ministry like Kairos. I love being able to see the fruits of ministry in a big way, as Epiphany has more an Evangelical slant to it than the WTE. In Mainstream youth ministry, everyday kids I'd worked with as a youth pastor, I basically planted seeds. It's nice to see the growth in people in such 4th day movements.

Others have similar experiences?

Blessings

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Artos said:
Hope you are still active with your Emmaus Reunion group.....
De colores!

Actually, if you'll look at the flag on my profile, I'm no longer in the States. I'm in Macedonia, and a Emmaus isn't here (yet). Macedonia is a very fine country; I love it here, but I read one other profile and made me think of other ppl on the Forum who must have been on a Walk.

I still exchange emails with my reunion group and many ppl from the community are on my prayer lists; I constantly sign up for the prayer chain and send prayer requests of my own for my ministry here. It's all good, and I think my Flight was the basis of a lot of my work in ministry and now prayer support while I'm here.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Artos

Veteran
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,522.00
Faith
Methodist
I returned to a country where there's no Emmaus. Linked up with the country that I did my Emmaus and they 'gifted' an Emmaus to us - ie they came over to help us start one!
Now we have Emmaus.
You can do that too.
There might be more people in Macedonia who have done Emmaus than you think- so if you all can come together, you might be able to see if another chapter of Emmaus will be willing to come and help you start one.
Be blessed!

Upvote 0

billychum

Jan 23, 2005
✟557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I was not only saved about ten years ago but was deliverd as well from thirty years of addictions (dope, gambling and a trashy mouth) during the Emmaus weekend. Have been involved (two or three hundred hours a year) in the kairos prison ministry ever since. Have also been meeting with a group of men every Friday morning at 6:30 for the same length of time. All very rewarding.
Billy <><

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billychum

Jan 23, 2005
✟557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Artos, can't say enough good things about the ministry. But a good place for you to become informed would be at www.kairosprisonministry.org I serve on their state board here in Alabama but the ministry is in about 35 states and 5 countries. It's not hard at all to get on board. Let me know if I can help.
Billy <><

Upvote 0

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Artos said:
I returned to a country where there's no Emmaus. Linked up with the country that I did my Emmaus and they 'gifted' an Emmaus to us - ie they came over to help us start one!

Now we have Emmaus.
You can do that too.
There might be more people in Macedonia who have done Emmaus than you think- so if you all can come together, you might be able to see if another chapter of Emmaus will be willing to come and help you start one.
Be blessed!

I'm working on that, surely but slowly. The process is difficult given the language issues. There is some interest but it's going to take a year or better. Im currently working with bringing Habitat for Humanity and Heifer Project here. Habitat came as of 6 months ago, thank you to Jesus, Hiefer is going to take a bit more work.

Housing and hunger are great needs here among a social minority in Macedonia; it would be nice to bring a spiritual program like Walk To Emmaus here. Just one thing at a time.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Artos

Veteran
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,522.00
Faith
Methodist
There's a Emmaus Men's Walk coming up next week in Singapore (so I heard). Not sure which particular date but I have links with two of the guys who are the ALDs there.
Those who are from Emmaus, would you like to send your greetings to them- and prayer support? If so, can you pl do that here and I can 'cut and paste' your notes to send to them? (No later than this Friday please). Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

flywithchrist06

Veteran
Nov 6, 2004
Texas
✟16,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mycatspice said:
Blue Lake Chrysalis Flight #49
Table of Six Sexy Studs Seeking Our Savior [SSSSOS]

lol..my table at Chrysalis had alot of s's like that
It started out as sparkeling spiritual spooners
but by the end it was The Stinky Sparkelign Spiritual Spooners with Sprinkles...mostly inside jokes..it was cool.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.