Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
MoonlightParade said:
Hey can i ask a quick question? (other than the that one.) What exactly is an Emmaus Walk. I have heard from some people, but they didnt tell me what it was... but they said i should go.... any comments would be great...!!!

http://www.upperroom.com/emmaus

Upvote 0

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this thread is over a year old. I went on a Chrysalis. Our table was 6 Dead Worms. College Journey #3 Llano Esticado community, Texas. I still have good memories of that flight, and it spawned me into being involved with Epiphany youth incarceration ministry (like Kairos) for 5 years as music coordinator and leader for many walks and gatherings throughout Texas. Ive never had a better expereince or a better ministry to be involved with. I hope everyone enjoyed thier flight.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Personally I like Chrysalis walks where we can name our tables. The Table of St. John just sounds so unorigional to me. That was my dad's table when he went.

In Epiphany, we named our tables by the fruits of the spirit: Kindness, Gentleness, Forgiveness, etc... We have to when we're dealing with gang kids. To name thier own table might spawn a fight in some of the incarceration facilities.

Upvote 0

Branduin

Nov 14, 2006
Alabama, US
Visit site
✟8,060.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys!

Alabama Emmaus Walk #50, Table of Maaaaaaaaaartha ;) (gosh, that was way back in 1988!)

I have been on several teams for Emmaus and Epiphany since then...and in several reunion groups....not currently active.....work gets in the way too much now :(

Anyway, DeColores!!!!

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Back when I was Anglican, I went on the Walk to Emmaus in 1995, Dallas Women's #54, Table of Ruth(?). Then my hubby went, and our sons went to Chrysalis. I served on several teams, even got to be the Director in 2000.

It's definitely a great ministry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OnceDust

Let go and let God
Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Back when I was Anglican, I went on the Walk to Emmaus in 1995, Dallas Women's #54, Table of Ruth(?). Then my hubby went, and our sons went to Chrysalis. I served on several teams, even got to be the Director in 2000.

It's definitely a great ministry!

Interesting. I had my Chrysalis Journey in 1997, we were the table of the 6 dead worms. I worked in Dallas with a youth incarceraton ministry similar to Emmaus called Epiphany for 5 years.

Now I'm not to far from you, in Macedonia. No Emmaus here, but lots of good friends. I'd love to get it started, but what I do now prevents it, time wise. Do you have Emmaus in Serbia?

Blessings

Blessings

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.