Wait. So if I asked you, to have children, in the name of "my" Evolution - you couldn't do it?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So, this is just a simple fact about receiving: if you ask, you receive. So, if I ask you to have children in the name of "my" Evolution - you have to at least give me an answer why not? I mean, you would raise them and they would call you 'parent', but the exact meaning of that word ('parent') would depend on what you felt was inspirational, about my "Evolution". You would rely on my staying faithful, to your child-rearing, as if the spirit of that child, was my own.

Over time, this would mean that your children, were more adaptable for less reason, since they would not be conceived in the name of "your" flesh, but my spirit. They would have no way to say "this is why I was conceived: within me". I am not being mean spirited, I would pray for them and make sacrifices on their behalf, to keep the interest in the relationship alive - they would truly be cared for, as an extension of what you say "was 'Evolution'" that lead to "me" (the One you will have children for).

I effectively become the placeholder, for the species; the species is inspired, more and more, by every successive birth, in my honour. This is defending the honour of what was "evolved" because I no longer seek to believe in specific children, but in the human race, a race that intrinsically recognizes itself in me. When you look at me now, you will see a reminder, of your children - they will be yours, because they are mine; I give them to you, because you die to yourself, that we might become them (and they being them, are us).

This is the beginning of a great transition, the meaning of Evolution is discovered - in that they a children, from generation to generation, because they no longer know how to relate to a species, without that species being evolved and being evolved, are evolved because I fulfil their desire to have children, that are equally "Evolved". I do not seek children out, they come to me, because I am indifferent to how they are born, I see them, in their own 'Evolution' and they are justified by my God, just as my God justifies me, in my "Evolution".

No longer will they change to pressure: but will be inspired through the Evolution of the pressure itself.

This is not trickery, the Evolution of the pressure is for the entire species, in that diminishing pressure. We are no longer afraid of the pressure that will come, because we have the inspiration ("me").

When they say "your not having children of your own: but waiting for mine to be inspired - inspired me", you will believe?

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Yet another dog's breakfast OP! o_O

I suffer from dysintellexia, I struggle to sound intelligent.

If you know a faster way, of making sense, than "evolving": I would be happy to know.

Maybe a way of evolving "quickly"?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

If you know a faster way, of making sense, than "evolving": I would be happy to know.

I'm finding it hard to follow your line of reasoning. Hopefully most people will challenge whatever point you're making in a reasonable way.

As far as I know there isn't any crazy Atheist or Humanist movement encouraging their supporters to have their children named after evolution. Is there?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,385.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I would recommend three things:
  • Get an education
  • Get an education
  • Get an education
Then follow these three things:
  • Actually pay attention to the knowledge you acquired from that education
Sadly, based upon extensive past experience of your posts you will completely ignore this heartfelt advice.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yet another dog's breakfast OP! o_O

OOO! "Dog's breakfast"! I had a sedimentology professor back in grad school who used that phrase. I've kept it up over the years as well. Always a good one!

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would recommend three things:
  • Get an education
  • Get an education
  • Get an education
Then follow these three things:
Sadly, based upon extensive past experience of your posts you will completely ignore this heartfelt advice.

I rather assumed it was more a case of extremely disorganized thinking. I was going to respond to it but then felt it would simply be cruel. I'm sure the poster means well and perhaps to them it makes perfect sense.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
When they say "your not having children of your own: but waiting for mine to be inspired - inspired me", you will believe?

I'd believe wholeheartedly that you clearly know nothing about evolution or even basic science, as each thread you make shows.

• Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It's as simple as this:

you don't know what it is, that will inspire your children

I know the difference, without having children - therefore you chose "me" (for inspiration)

Except that you don't know what will inspire children and I definitely would not choose you for inspiration, for anything.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So, this is just a simple fact about receiving: if you ask, you receive. So, if I ask you to have children in the name of "my" Evolution - you have to at least give me an answer why not? I mean, you would raise them and they would call you 'parent', but the exact meaning of that word ('parent') would depend on what you felt was inspirational, about my "Evolution". You would rely on my staying faithful, to your child-rearing, as if the spirit of that child, was my own.

Over time, this would mean that your children, were more adaptable for less reason, since they would not be conceived in the name of "your" flesh, but my spirit. They would have no way to say "this is why I was conceived: within me". I am not being mean spirited, I would pray for them and make sacrifices on their behalf, to keep the interest in the relationship alive - they would truly be cared for, as an extension of what you say "was 'Evolution'" that lead to "me" (the One you will have children for).

I effectively become the placeholder, for the species; the species is inspired, more and more, by every successive birth, in my honour. This is defending the honour of what was "evolved" because I no longer seek to believe in specific children, but in the human race, a race that intrinsically recognizes itself in me. When you look at me now, you will see a reminder, of your children - they will be yours, because they are mine; I give them to you, because you die to yourself, that we might become them (and they being them, are us).

This is the beginning of a great transition, the meaning of Evolution is discovered - in that they a children, from generation to generation, because they no longer know how to relate to a species, without that species being evolved and being evolved, are evolved because I fulfil their desire to have children, that are equally "Evolved". I do not seek children out, they come to me, because I am indifferent to how they are born, I see them, in their own 'Evolution' and they are justified by my God, just as my God justifies me, in my "Evolution".

No longer will they change to pressure: but will be inspired through the Evolution of the pressure itself.

This is not trickery, the Evolution of the pressure is for the entire species, in that diminishing pressure. We are no longer afraid of the pressure that will come, because we have the inspiration ("me").

I can't be the only one who feels like Alice at the tea party after reading that.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, if I ask you to have children in the name of "my" Evolution - you have to at least give me an answer why not?
I'm sorry, Gott, but I don't go around asking people to have children.

For any reason, but one: so they won't have an abortion.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Except that you don't know what will inspire children and I definitely would not choose you for inspiration, for anything.

But I'm more evolved (I don't have wisdom teeth), you have to take me as inspiration, don't you?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
But I'm more evolved (I don't have wisdom teeth), you have to take me as inspiration, don't you?
You aren't more evolved, you just have a particular, probably beneficial, trait.

Also, since evolution is not a choice being an inspiration for a trait doesn't make any sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You aren't more evolved, you just have a particular, probably beneficial, trait.

Also, since evolution is not a choice being an inspiration for a trait doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, I should have said "I am one of a population, considered more evolved".

But to the point: nothing is done, that isn't inspired by something: if a population is considered more evolved, then you are going to learn from that population, or die.

There is still hope of resurrection, but for that you have to trust "Jesus" - see where I am coming from?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

But inspiration has nothing to do with evolution. I've said this nearly a hundred times before, but you really need to actually study and learn about what the theory of evolution says and also just general science.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
But inspiration has nothing to do with evolution. I've said this nearly a hundred times before, but you really need to actually study and learn about what the theory of evolution says and also just general science.

Why would you believe it, if you weren't inspired to?

I'm not allowed to understand "inspiration" in the context of Evolution? Because why?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Sorry, I should have said "I am one of a population, considered more evolved".

But "more evolved" as a label applied to an individual doesn't really make any sense.

But to the point: nothing is done, that isn't inspired by something: if a population is considered more evolved, then you are going to learn from that population, or die.

Inspiration and choices are irrelevant to evolution.

There is still hope of resurrection, but for that you have to trust "Jesus" - see where I am coming from?
No, I don't see where you are coming from.

Hope, resurrection, and trust in Jesus are things that apply to individuals not to statistical genetic variation over a population, so they are irrelevant to evolution.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Why would you believe it, if you weren't inspired to?

I'm not allowed to understand "inspiration" in the context of Evolution? Because why?

Inspiration has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is purely biological changes in an organism because of changes in environment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Upvote 0