Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The reason there has been a run on hospitals is because of the hysteria generated by the media.
Not all of the people being infected with SARS-COV-2? That might have something to do with it?

• Winner
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,699.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The reason there has been a run on hospitals is because of the hysteria generated by the media. Once this is all over and we start to see the real numbers of people who actually died from the virus as opposed to those who died while having the virus we will see the real reasons people died. One of them being people who contracted while already having immune systems that were compromised. Another is people starting taking over the counter drugs they never should have touched in the first place. Ibuprofen and Tamiflu to name a couple, exacerbating the situation and caused the virus to spread faster within their system. The total number of deaths has been grossly exaggerated.
How long have you worked for the Russian Security Services?

• Haha
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,432,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious as to what people would think of this article. In 1919 they had outside hospitals where they found infection rate among nurses became less and also there was a greater per centage of people who'd recover. They'd put them in tents in the night time but days time outside the tent for absolute fresh air. Any opinions on this?

...makes sense. The "viral load" exposure would be less outdoors.

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know tons about the cold and flu, very little about COVID-19 other than it is highly contagious and has a higher death rate. We do not know if those that recover gain immunity. We have flu vaccines that make a big difference.

Prevention is a thousand times more effective than treatment.
The flu vaccine does nothing but causes potential harm to those who get it because of what is in it.

The current death rate is grossly exaggerated as they are attributing the death of people who simply have tested "positive" for it as having died of the virus, even though there are people who already had life-threatening conditions before being exposed.

Of course, death is bad, but it is also inevitable. That is reality. We are all going to die at some point, but should what causes our death involve sending either our country or the world into economic turmoil?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The flu vaccine does nothing but causes potential harm to those who get it because of what is in it.

Funny thing about anti-vaxxers -- they long for a world without any vaccines; look out your window and see a world without one.

The current death rate is grossly exaggerated as they are attributing the death of people who simply have tested "positive" for it as having died of the virus, even though there are people who already had life-threatening conditions before being exposed.

Nevertheless, they would have lived had they not contracted COVID-19.

Of course, death is bad, but it is also inevitable. That is reality. We are all going to die at some point, but should what causes our death involve sending either our country or the world into economic turmoil?

If you want to die for your country, join the army.

If you want to die for other people's wealth, well... nobody's stopping you.

Speaking for myself, given the choice between "poverty" and "death," well... at least poverty I know I can recover from.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Same with the cold and the flu, yet we don't go all chicken little and tank the economy every cold and flu season.

If you're lucky, only a quarter of a million Americans will die during this pandemic.

But yes, being inconvenienced for a few weeks is obviously the real tragedy here... ?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Just FYI, editing someone's post like this is nominally against forum rules.

For the record, I'm not reporting this because, quite frankly... I approve.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟138,422.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many deaths from the flu, how many deaths from cancer, how many deaths from abortion? Need I go on?
You are aware that this current epidemic could literally get 100x worse without mitigation?

Instead of 1k/day it could easily get to 100k/day if we do nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just FYI, editing someone's post like this is nominally against forum rules.

For the record, I'm not reporting this because, quite frankly... I approve.

I know it is, but I also knew you would take it in the manner intended. :D

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟608,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Grossly exaggerated? We haven't even peaked yet.

The grim toll of the coronavirus pandemic on New York funeral homes | Daily Mail Online

Upvote 0