Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Vice President Pence urged Americans to avoid church services of more than 10 people as some faith leaders have come under scrutiny for holding crowded events despite social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

"We're so grateful to churches and synagogues and places of worship around America that have heeded the president's coronavirus guidelines for America," he said in an interview with ABC News's "Nightline" that will air Wednesday night, referring to federal guidelines encouraging people to practice "social distancing."

"We really believe this is a time when people should avoid gatherings of more than 10 people," he added, according to an excerpt shared by the network. "And so, we continue to urge churches around America to heed to that."

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vice President Pence urged Americans to avoid church services of more than 10 people as some faith leaders have come under scrutiny for holding crowded events despite social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

How about we keep one thing clear here though. I think it's very, very rare to see any church in America still holding services. Probably not even 1 % and a great deal below that. So over 99% compliance...let's just not make it seem any less than that.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
How about we keep one thing clear here though. I think it's very, very rare to see any church in America still holding services. Probably not even 1 % and a great deal below that. So over 99% compliance...let's just not make it seem any less than that.
Not saying your wrong, but do you have anything to back that up beside your personal experience?

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Unless it is less than that, of course.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"We're so grateful to churches and synagogues and places of worship around America that have heeded the president's coronavirus guidelines for America," he said in an interview with ABC News's "Nightline" that will air Wednesday night, referring to federal guidelines encouraging people to practice "social distancing."

"We really believe this is a time when people should avoid gatherings of more than 10 people," he added, according to an excerpt shared by the network. "And so, we continue to urge churches around America to heed to that."
Liberal! Heretic! Traitor!
Did I miss one?

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The governor of this great state, Texas, signed an executive order recently basically authorizing churches to assemble again. Honestly, we should still be able to do this anyway without an executive order. Anyone who is sick with anything contagious should stay home to prevent infecting other people. This should just be a way of life, but should not interrupt the lives of everyone who is healthy.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The governor of this great state, Texas, signed an executive order recently basically authorizing churches to assemble again. Honestly, we should still be able to do this anyway without an executive order. Anyone who is sick with anything contagious should stay home to prevent infecting other people. This should just be a way of life, but should not interrupt the lives of everyone who is healthy.
For the umpteenth time. People can be affected and have no initial symptoms but still be contagious.:doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

athenken

Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the umpteenth time. People can be affected and have no initial symptoms but still be contagious.:doh:
Same with the cold and the flu, yet we don't go all chicken little and tank the economy every cold and flu season.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The bible supports quarantine and isolation of infected individuals that could infect others. With the corona virus you can APPEAR healthy for up to 14 days, while you are contagious and spreading the virus to others. Since we are not able to determine who is sick, then it is not wise to assemble anyone. I believe God can heal and provide wisdom for curing sickness, but Christians are not exempt from the laws of how the world works. Christians catch the flu every year just like everyone else. We have diseases and die from them just like everyone else. It is folly to believe otherwise. I'm still going to pray Psalm 91 and trust in God to keep me safe, but I'm also I'm going to do my part to take what precautions I can to protect myself and others. IMO, we should see it as a duty to keep others, especially our Elders (Wisdom) safe. Faith without works is dead.

James 2:14-26

This is a basic primer that is easy to understand and share:

How people with preexisting conditions are affected:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp says he didn't know asymptomatic people could transmit coronavirus

If Georgia can figure it out, how long before Texas does?

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

athenken

Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bible supports quarantine and isolation of infected individuals that could infect others. With the corona virus you can APPEAR healthy for up to 14 days, while you are contagious and spreading the virus to others. Since we are not able to determine who is sick, then it is not wise to assemble anyone. I believe God can heal and provide wisdom for curing sickness, but Christians are not exempt from the laws of how the world works. Christians catch the flu every year just like everyone else. We have diseases and die from them just like everyone else. It is folly to believe otherwise. I'm still going to pray Psalm 91 and trust in God to keep me safe, but I'm also I'm going to do my part to take what precautions I can to protect myself and others. IMO, we should see it as a duty to keep others, especially our Elders (Wisdom) safe. Faith without works is dead.

James 2:14-26

This is a basic primer that is easy to understand and share:

How people with preexisting conditions are affected:

Yes, I know how they are spread, but if you think I am going to give anything put out by VOX any kind of respect I have some beachfront property in Nevada to sell you.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I know how they are spread, but if you think I am going to give anything put out by VOX any kind of respect I have some beachfront property in Nevada to sell you.

Most folks in the bible who resist knowledge and wisdom are destroyed or perish. In fact warnings regarding wisdom or lack thereof is abundant. It's a personal choice though, so best of luck to you and yours. No one can say they weren't warned. The info and best practices to protect ourselves has been available for months. Those who have ears to hear, eyes to see and all that...

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Same with the cold and the flu, yet we don't go all chicken little and tank the economy every cold and flu season.
There were over a thousand deaths in the last 24 hours from COVID19.
Don’t try to minimize this.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

That has got to be the all time stupid comment ever made. :scratch: :doh::oldthumbsup: :amen:

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0