Voting by Mail?

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then I suggest you do a little work yourself if that is a concern of yours. Time and time again, people demand "evidence," often about things that are so well known that you have to wonder if they've been living under a rock.

But of course, the evidence they want is available online in less than a minute, so why don't they look for it before demanding that someone who already knows the score and has passed it along retrace his steps? Is it just a device for buying time? Is it just laziness? Is it simply something to say when stuck for a tart reply? Who knows, but it doesn't really matter.

Best wishes to you.
Your claim, your burden of proof. The only example that I know of have already been refuted. That would not be fair of me to post as "your evidence".

When you make claims that need to be backed up by evidence and refuse to do so when a reasonable request is made you in effect refute your own claim.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing to say in reaction to that rather long post I wrote?? :(

Yeah, that actually is what I have to say in reaction to your rather long post.
I asked you the same thing on Page 10 and you didn't give me a response, and you still didn't answer it now.

When it comes to the 2020 election, I'm not at all interested in what you think is "questionable" or what you have "doubts" about. I'm not interested in your speculation or theories. I'm not interested in your long post full of claims with zero cited sources.

My question is very simple. I can't make it any simpler. How many cases has Donald Trump won, proving that Joe Biden won any state in the United States because of voter fraud?

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well...with that response, I'm going to transition back to the OP's question, if for no other reason than the sake of my own sanity.

In summary. I enjoyed absentee voting. The convenience to me as a voter is just too great, and I fully plan on voting absentee for the rest of my life.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well...with that response, I'm going to transition back to the OP's question, if for no other reason than the sake of my own sanity.

In summary. I enjoyed absentee voting. The convenience to me as a voter is just too great, and I fully plan on voting absentee for the rest of my life.
I don't know of anybody who's said that absentee voting should be ended.

That definitely is true of the Republican state legislators in state after state who have proposed very modest changes aimed at making elections more secure and honest only to have them rejected outright by the other party.

Also, I accept that everything you've been posting is what you really think. So why my acceptance of it either amuses you or makes you think you're losing your sanity (both of which you mentioned in your responses), I can't figure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know of anybody in public life who's said that absentee voting should be ended.

That definitely is true of the Republican state legislators in state after state who have proposed very modest changes aimed at making elections more secure and honest only to have them rejected outright by the other party.

Also, I accept that everything you've been posting is what you really think. So why my acceptance of it either amuses you or makes you think you're losing your sanity (both of which you mentioned in your responses), I can't figure.
The reason that this was debated was because Trump claimed, as part of an excuse for his landslide loss, that vote by mail is not secure. That does not appear to be the case. Some say that they will accept it excessive precautions are added, but they could never justify those extra precautions.

And for my personal experience. I found out that I could vote by mail before it became the only way to vote in my state. With my work schedule at the time I would have to find where we voted after dark and usually in the rain. And hidden away a bit too boot. It was difficult. Voting was a huge pain until I found that I could get an absentee ballot, I only had to apply once, and voted that way for years until the whole state realized that it made more sense. Now everyone votes the same way.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know of anybody in public life who's said that absentee voting should be ended.

Don't even worry about it. I asked you the same question three times. You didn't answer it three times. The answer is "Zero." I'm moving on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The reason that this was debated was because Trump claimed, as part of an excuse for his landslide loss, that vote by mail is not secure. That does not appear to be the case. Some say that they will accept it excessive precautions are added, but they could never justify those extra precautions.

And for my personal experience. I found out that I could vote by mail before it became the only way to vote in my state. With my work schedule at the time I would have to find where we voted after dark and usually in the rain. And hidden away a bit too boot. It was difficult. Voting was a huge pain until I found that I could get an absentee ballot, I only had to apply once, and voted that way for years until the whole state realized that it made more sense. Now everyone votes the same way.
It was that President Jimmy Carter/Baker commission that determined that "“Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.” President Trump pointed out the violations of the elections laws, and mail-in ballots were indeed a large part of the violations. There was a horrific lack of chain of custody and identification in regard to mail-in ballots. Democrats poured a lot of money into preventing investigations after the election. We need voter integrity and confidence in the system, and going to vote in person is not a hardship for the vast majority of people.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

― Ronald Reagan

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It was that President Jimmy Carter/Baker commission that determined that "“Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.” President Trump pointed out the violations of the elections laws, and mail-in ballots were indeed a large part of the violations. There was a horrific lack of chain of custody and identification in regard to mail-in ballots. Democrats poured a lot of money into preventing investigations after the election. We need voter integrity and confidence in the system, and going to vote in person is not a hardship for the vast majority of people.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

― Ronald Reagan
Do you know how long ago Jimmy Carter was President? You should think about things. There may have been problems in the past, but that does not appear to be the case today. Trump's own election officials said that this was the most secure election ever. They had to be aware of the large number of mail in ballots involved. That indicates that they thought that those problems were solved:

Trump’s own officials say 2020 was America’s most secure election in history

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Don't even worry about it. I asked you the same question three times. You didn't answer it three times. The answer is "Zero." I'm moving on.
...and you top it off by offering me a link to a factchecking [sic] service that is well known for being a shill for the Democratic Party and absolutely wrong when it comes to many of its so-called findings! What a joke.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
...and you top it off by offering me a link to a factchecking [sic] service that is well known for being a shill for the Democratic Party and absolutely wrong when it comes to many of its so-called findings! What a joke.

And yet that factchecking service is still far more credible than its detractors... without exception.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think a professional can easily fake a mail ballot.
Maybe someone can come up with a way to fix that but today, I'm not sure its fixed yet.
How would you fix it? Blockchain NFTs?
They have a heck of a password system.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think a professional can easily fake a mail ballot.
Maybe someone can come up with a way to fix that but today, I'm not sure its fixed yet.
How would you fix it? Blockchain NFTs?
They have a heck of a password system.
And what good would faking one ballot do? For cheating to work there has to be a lot of it. And a lot of cheating rings alarm bells very quickly.

In case you did not know, mail in ballots are checked individually. The signatures are checked and that the person who was registered is noted. Just faking a ballot would not help in those matters. How are you going to replicate thousands of signatures? How are you going to keep the correct votes out?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Just so you know, being correct does not make one a Democratic Party shill. I know, I know. After four years of Trump's constant failures it did seem that anyone that was right was also a Democrat. Don't worry, sooner or later the Republican party will recover from this buffoon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And what good would faking one ballot do? For cheating to work there has to be a lot of it. And a lot of cheating rings alarm bells very quickly.
I don't think our friend said that the faker voluntarily limits himself to one additional ballot.

In case you did not know, mail in ballots are checked individually. The signatures are checked and that the person who was registered is noted.
That's the way it should work, but in some states, local election officials who said that this takes too long were told just to process them all, even if the signature did not match, was not legible, or there was none at all.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think our friend said that the faker voluntarily limits himself to one additional ballot.

That's the way it should work, but in some states, local election officials who said that this takes too long were told just to process them all, even if the signature did not match, was not legible, or there was none at all.
And once again, citation needed. I have not heard of that occurring at any state. Please find a valid source.

EDIT: I can provide a source that tells you how they checked them in Georgia and found that there were no such frauds. Did you forget that? They did run a check on mail in ballots. No sign of cheating.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course you and anyone didn't say. Because it's completely fictional. You present a hypothetical and then pretend it's reality since you can't make your point based on actual reality.

IThat's the way it should work, but in some states, local election officials who said that this takes too long were told just to process them all, even if the signature did not match, was not legible, or there was none at all.
Cool story, but it's just another guess on your part that is not rooted in fact or reality.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Still waiting for that easily searchable evidence of significant fraud you promised yesterday.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat