DaSeminarian

Veteran
Nov 16, 2006
✟9,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I think that Erwin only sees two choices and they are either Black or White. The black is the status quo and the white is the way it was before.

Does he not realize that we have other colors? The problem as I see is this. Each confession of faith (Lutheran, Catholic, Orthodox, American Evangelicals etc) are not unified and therefore when an unbeliever comes in to one of these tight-knit communities they are getting inundated with different nuances of the important doctrines of the faith. Baptism is not understood the same in all confessions.

The Lutherans, Catholics and Orthodox understand baptism to be a means of grace to salvation. The American Evangelicals see baptism as an expression of faith already imputed in their life.

How can we ever be unified if our doctrinal positions on the sacraments? The American Evangelicals will call these minor issues, but they are not minor. They are important and major because they reflect the empasis that is put on Christ crucified for our sins.

I think I will vote option 2 because the way it is now is a mess and it needs to be cleaned up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Option 2 should at the very least be reworded. This should be a Christian site, but not a Christian only site as it is worded in that option.

Neither option is well thought out or well written. I don't know whether to vote or not :confused:

Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Voting for Option 2 will send a message that things have become too much of a free-for-all and doing anything but getting Christ's message across. This was my thinking.

Given the wording of the two options, it's pretty clear which way Erwin wants things to be. Between two extremes there must be a solution, but as it has been changed, the animosity is at levels I've never seen here. Something has to give.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I posted that I was abstaining.

And then I posted that Erwin's site is full of good intentions but so is the road to hell. I'm pretty sure I posted that around here somewhere, too, but I can't remember where, or if it was in reference to the site changes.

Upvote 0

DaSeminarian

Veteran
Nov 16, 2006
✟9,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I voted for number 2 because I thought at the very least go back to what was there at the beginning of this month and then make a better plan on how to change it. I think Erwin's changes, while a noble idea in some respects, made the forum for some of us a shakier ground than it has been . I think the fear that "atheists" would be running the show was unfounded, but I think more careful planning should have been done before making any changes to what most thought was a good thing.

So I chose #2 for that reason alone. Do I think that we should as Christians be witnessing our faith? By all means, but I don't know if this forum really is the proper medium. Here in TCL we are basicall preaching to the choir most days. We have a comfortable computer clique which I enjoy between classes and homework.

But I don't come here to share my faith, but rather to escape the pressures of the real world and to share my burdens with my friends.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.