I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apologize for taking so long to sticky this thread! It was requested a couple of days ago, but my computer crashed, and in the craziness of all my final exams, I forgot.

Don't hesitate to PM me with requests like this in the future! I'm afraid my German is rather poor for lack of time to study it so I don't browse here much. However, I certainly don't want to neglect our German-speaking members!

Upvote 0

Ainuhina

Lord, send Revival - start with me!
Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Deamiter said:
I apologize for taking so long to sticky this thread! It was requested a couple of days ago, but my computer crashed, and in the craziness of all my final exams, I forgot.

It's ok and Thank you :clap:

I hope your exams went well :)

Don't hesitate to PM me with requests like this in the future! I'm afraid my German is rather poor for lack of time to study it so I don't browse here much. However, I certainly don't want to neglect our German-speaking members!

We'll remember - I think ;)
And I didn't feel neglected :D I know how hard it can be if you're not speaking a language very well to speak ( or write) it. I had that problem with my Italian as my youth group went there on a mission trip 2 years ago - there were just 3 of us speaking Italian and I had to tell my testimani in my not very well Italian :sorry: (I don't think the Italians really understood what I was talking about :D)

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟15,627.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
tag! :wave:

i've just finished yr 12 (graduation year in australia) and studied german until the end. but i like chatting in german to my boyfriend (who is picking it up brilliantly - though we get some really interesting phrases "ich bin geht") and i'd really like to know how to say a few things we weren't taught in a secular school.

how do you say "God bless you" - the kind of blessing you give when you say goodbye/goodnight

and "i am praying for you" ?

oh and for the sake of it, can you give me examples of "sweet nothings" in german? pet names and just romantic sweet phrases - it's fun saying the ones i know and him not having any idea what i said until i explain.

Upvote 0

Ainuhina

Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Okay....

can't think of many tonight but I'll try :)

I'm praying for you - Ich bet(e) für dich
God bless you - der Herr segne dich

sweet nothings :) what exactly do you want.....nicknames you can call your boyfriend (there are lots of these) ???

Ich hab dich lieb/ Ich liebe dich - I love you (think you might allready know that one)
Bussi - kiss

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟15,627.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
lol nicknames would be awesome, and just sweet little romantic phrases that say "i love you" but aren't just that.

i did already know that one, but thanks anyway :)

actually, now that i think of it - should i start a thread on this? then i don't clog up this thread

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ainuhina

Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Football pitch/field = Fußballplatz/feld
Basketball court = Basketballplatz
Woodwork room; Metalwork room - I've never heard these two before and couldn't find them in Leo....what exactly do you do in these rooms???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ainuhina

Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I guess they would do....back in school we had a single room where we did all sorts of these works - it was called "Werkraum" or "Werksaal" but I dunno about special words for rooms where you just do one sort of work....

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Niamh said:
We have subjects like Metal work and Wood work and they are done in these rooms.
In Woodwork they make things from wood and in Metalwork they make things from Metal.
Would Holzarbeit Zimmer und Metallarbeit Zimmer do?
Ja :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0