Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Jerusalem, go for a coffee at The Coffee Bean on Yafo Street*! Really nice place - good coffee & snacks and very friendly owners! Sit outside, watch the light rail going past and take in the life of Jerusalem! And / or go to the Kosher McDonalds on Ben Yehuda Street (runs almost parallel to Yafo Street) - watch for the BLUE McDonalds direction signs :)

*also known as Jaffa Street

Go to the Bible Society shop, central Jerusalem, for all sorts of religious books and stuff - I bought my copy of the Mishnah there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I want to visit Isreael someday too, though there are safety concerns. Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures ☺

Go with a group, that is the easier way. I was there in Jerusalem with my daughter last August just a week after the guy was caught with a holdall of pipe bombs about to get on the JLR. We were there, that time, just as two individuals, and we simply kept away from the big market and some of the other very crowded places in Jerusalem, including the Muslim sector. We were there in Jerusalem for 6 days, and enjoyed it, even with those restrictions.

We had both been previously, as a part of a group covering various parts of Israel, but we wanted to explore Jerusalem on its own instead of doing it as spare time on a country wide tour.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Reformed2
Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Go with a group, that is the easier way. I was there in Jerusalem with my daughter last August just a week after the guy was caught with a holdall of pipe bombs about to get on the JLR. We were there, that time, just as two individuals, and we simply kept away from the big market and some of the other very crowded places in Jerusalem, including the Muslim sector. We were there in Jerusalem for 6 days, and enjoyed it, even with those restrictions.

We had both been previously, as a part of a group covering various parts of Israel, but we wanted to explore Jerusalem on its own instead of doing it as spare time on a country wide tour.
Thanks Heber Book List ☺

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If you don't mind me asking, how can I go on one of the pre planned group trips, is there a link to a website? I'm afraid that i would get lost easily there and would be by myself. A pre planned tourist trip would be perfect that way I could see all the Holy/ tourist spots. Thanks for any advice you can give...

:)

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just go to the city of jerusalem...
usuaally stay at the YMCA....about 100$ night...5 minute walk to old city jaffa gate...
can walk to everything from there........Garden tomb....western wall...garden of gethsemani on mount of olives......
it is pretty safe in the old city as there are police everywhere........

Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just began looking online, I see one package but it is 10 days which is longer than needed for me. I really like the idea of a Christian tour with english speaking guides etc. Everything already planned and hotel, airfare etc included would be perfect. That way I don't get lost :)

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can take day trips to Galilee or the dead sea from tours at your local hotel...
Example. Ymca...
Everything in israel is 50_100 miles. Small country......
But I understand if u haven't been before

Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can take day trips to Galilee or the dead sea from tours at your local hotel...
Example. Ymca...
Everything in israel is 50_100 miles. Small country......
But I understand if u haven't been before

Thanks Traveling teacher. Right now I'm looking at this 5 day tour, it looks perfect for me. Sorry if I'm not supposed to put links on CF, just wanted to get everyone's advice. Not trying to advertise anything :)

5 Day Classical Israel Tour - Tourist Israel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks Traveling teacher. Right now I'm looking at this 5 day tour, it looks perfect for me. Sorry if I'm not supposed to put links on CF, just wanted to get everyone's advice. Not trying to advertise anything :)

5 Day Classical Israel Tour - Tourist Israel

Hi there, I've not responded earlier because I live in the UK and it has been bed-time! Yes, you can put links on here to ask questions. I think you need at least 8 days, 10 would be much better (my daughter and I took 6 days just to see Jerusalem, and still didn't see it all, by any means). Make sure you are not based for the whole time in one place or you will end up spending hours and hours travelling - there will be lots of travelling but you don't want to travel from Jerusalem to Haifa and back, in one day, for example, just to see the sights there. Trips often split their stop-overs between Jerusalem and Tiberias, plus another base, possibly.

Personally, no matter how good the price, I wouldn't bother with 5 days - it is not worth going that far just for a handful of days, especially if day one and day five will be about getting there and heading home again; it's a long flight from the UK, even longer from the US! I note that the Agent does say in that advert that you will be 'whisked' around - a trip that allows you time to take in what you see is far better. It should be the trip of a lifetime so that you see the Bible come to life in what you see, and hear. I cannot recommend any US companies, but there must be hundreds of them - search around for a good deal.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well next question and update ...

Q. Best SIM card to get internet while we travel there... ??

Update. 1st 5 days provided by the Lord.
Accommodation =..stay in tel Aviv ,beach and market ,then Visit to yohuram ,the Negev mesada,Dead sea... $0 .
God is so Good .
Hostels don't suit well as we are traveling with a 4 yr old . have been in the Philippines sharing the Gospel ,seen people healed and all sorts my fav 2 is my wife's aunty healed of cancer And a taxi driver who could barely walk for arthritus pain. Prayed for him as he was driving and he said“ it's like a hand just touched my knee..I felt it“ and his pain vanished.God is so good.
have been hammered with attack .so many sickness on all of us..and the Lord has delivered us out of it All.we also got to lay hands on another uncle off my wife's and he Got baptised in the holy Spirit and spoke in tongues.so beautiful.no babble here.lol he didn't even know he was doing so then when he realized ,he got so moved and he cried in joy praising the Lord Jesus.

We are tired and our journey gave this one opportunity to go to Israel..so we prayed asking the Lord“ may we go.?”
And he has blessed it and gone before us. So we look forward to the ones he wants us to share the Gospel with while there.

Call me weird but..Can't wait to walk in the land my Lord walked. ... Buzzzed

Upvote 0