Video shows cop slamming handcuffed woman to the ground

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Video shows cop slamming handcuffed woman to the ground
A woman alleges police in southern Michigan slammed her onto the ground and knocked her unconscious while handcuffed at a jail in an incident captured on video.

Tiffany McNeil filed a lawsuit this week in U.S. District Court alleging Coldwater police used excessive force in the encounter in a secure entrance at the Branch County Jail, where she was taken after a domestic dispute. Police reports say that McNeil was resisting arrest and moved toward an officer, who then took her down. But the lawsuit says surveillance video shows police lied.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one time I visited the states I was taken aback at how ‘in your face’ officials were, even the security cops at the airport. In the UK and in Europe in general they are a bit more polite, after all they are public servants,that is their role.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Six big officers armed with guns, tasers, etc. for one handcuffed woman and still they manage to use excessive force and cause physical injury, seventeen stitches and a concussion.. The officers in England must see these videos and just shake their heads in disbelief.
And guess who gets to pay for this negligence, the taxpayers.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
For the sake of argument, lets say she was trying to attack the officers in an attempt to bite their jugulars and kill them...

Given that she is handcuffed and there are 5 plus grown men... that attack still shouldn't result in her being slammed face first onto concrete while her hands are tied behind her back....

As near as I can tell by the video, there was no resisting. But my point is, even if there was resistance, even if the absolute worst happened in regards to her resisting... the end result given the circumstances should not be her getting slammed the way she did.

This is indefensible... What is the point of using handcuffs if said handcuffs don't make the officers feel safe enough such that they don't go willy-nilly slamming defenseless women onto the concrete???

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
just imagine if there was no video of this incident... and it was her word against theirs...
That's why I support having body cameras and surveillance. Although there is evidence police don't behave better with cameras, at least we can see the raw, brazenness of their brutality. Getting police to change their violent culture will be a long process, but worth the effort.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure there is a perfectly rational, well-thought-out explanation for why these officers assaulted a handcuffed, and somewhat immobilized, if not unconscious, woman.

Until someone comes up with that, let me ask you these questions: why do you hate law enforcement? Why do you hate the troops? Why do you hate America? Why do you hate the baby Jesus?

Upvote 0