Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The video shows Fr. Ernesto Caro celebrating Mass on the day he said goodbye to his parishioners.​

Fr. Ernesto María Caro‘s emotional response during the consecration at Mass was captured in a video at a parish in Mexico and then went viral:

The scene inspired a great deal of speculation in comments on social networks; many people wanted to know how to interpret the priest’s tears. So, we decided to contact Fr. Ernesto so he could explain for himself what was behind this video.

Aleteia interviewed him on November 4 via Zoom. Today, Fr. Ernesto works as parochial vicar at the parish of Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles, in the archdiocese of Monterrey, Nuevo León.

To provide context, Fr. Ernesto started by talking about his devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. In fact, when he was still a child he had a supernatural experience with the Eucharist.

He was at a national scout camping event in Mexico when suddenly, at the moment of the consecration during Mass, “I could see a very intense light coming out of the host as it was being lifted up by the priest.”

Continued below.

Reactions: pdudgeon

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What a blessing to have such a priest!!!
It is a blessing to have the services of such a priest.
And yet, sadly, I personally know Catholics who would be scandalized by the outpouring of such emotion.
I hope that the members of that parish learned to treasure their Priest, because I know that he is treasured by Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0