• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Video Game Question

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let’s say He did want me to stop playing games, and I go ahead and play anyway. What’ll happen then?
Your OCD is not going to like this answer: There's no way for me to know what will happen for sure. BUT I believe that He would find another way to show you. He is able to keep working on us, changing our hearts so that we desire what He wants. He's amazing like that!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I’ve started back playing video games. I’m still a little nervous playing. I mean in general I feel fine with it, but a part of me feels like I shouldn’t be doing this after all this time. I don’t know.
Way to say no to the OCD! You are going to feel uncertain, but that's normal. Keep practicing NOT doing what the OCD wants you to do. As you practice, you will get stronger and your OCD will get weaker.

Upvote 0

NoahSK

Apr 25, 2019
Sarasota
✟32,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know this is an old post, but I'm worried that me promising not to play games and then feeling afraid that I would prove my salvation false by playing them was me trying to earn salvation or prove myself to God or something. I'm scared that I'm not saved now or wasn't then because I tried doing that.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know this is an old post, but I'm worried that me promising not to play games and then feeling afraid that I would prove my salvation false by playing them was me trying to earn salvation or prove myself to God or something. I'm scared that I'm not saved now or wasn't then because I tried doing that.
But you know what to do with this fear, right? ;)

Upvote 0